ComboMod Testversion

have some bugs for defense minion in Elite and Ulimate mode some SR map. they can restore hp super fast. means nvincible, check parameter what u adjust.

1 Like

maybe some synergy with the added map modifiers :smiley: will check for it, thanks for reporting mate.
working on the Diabolic Bosses atm, some cool new effects they have created i must say! will be nice aswell :slight_smile: but not that mega much time atm therefor i think next update will happen at around next friday. 2 bosses are complete and GFN :slight_smile:

EDIT1: could you atleast finish the shard or did that break it? :smiley:

Cant finish shard when I saw them nvincible I exit the game directly. also this high shard run will be tired ,because dps and surrvial it’s not enough.

alright :slight_smile: i think i have an idea to make the Defender a bit more “fair”, i could give him a lifetimer and weaken his stats a bit more to differentiate him a bit more from the ONB Guardian, and even give that one a unique “dome” lateron :slight_smile: what you think about that?

but defense hero still can fast summon again .

xD not if i adjust it to have a “timewindow”, let’s see if that is working how i have it in mind ;D

Howdy :slight_smile:

Updating the D3 bosses is going pretty good, big shoutout to Grimer and Asylum at this place for providing such cool new material to play around with :slight_smile: made a small video me testing the ones i finished so far and are in balancetest, these are Adria, Azimodan, Belial and the Butcherino xD did them both for “endgame” with a char that has some nice buffed items, also using a cool RoRG combo, and also for lowlevel with just a bunch of random items from the getgo, nothing special, as you can see, and probably will laugh xD, it is possible also for lowlevel to beat them (more or less), at least i had some fun :smiley:

Grim Dawn 2023 04 22 23 03 - YouTube

yes, btw, no more 2 phases on the Butcher, because this annoyed me for a long time, and now a phasing mechanic is exclusive for Diablo himself reserved :slight_smile:

i think i found a solution for the given issue :slight_smile: readjusted the Defender a bit, now the Defender will initially spawn a beam from the heaven like the D3 Crusader with Heavens Fury, this beam will summon the Defending Hunter then when in range (short), and the beam is very slow moving, so this could be ALOT more fair to the player and also visually more appealing i guess :slight_smile: did a quick video, is loading up, finetuning is going on and it will be available in the next update then.

Light beam looks unlimited summon, make limit or timer to disappear . and defender minion numbers dont more than 3.

Hunters will only spawn if you stand in the beam :smiley: and Hunters will vanish when a beam is vanishing, so this should be more then fair, no need to limit it!

It’s been a looong time since i played GD and wanted to jump back in. I remember playing with some mods in the past and thought what better way to go than a big ol mash of them! :smiley:
Since its been so long, I wouldn’t mind going through the campaign again so will likely be starting a new character. Had some starting questions:

• I recall having to start GD through the GrimInternals exe file. Do i still need to do this? What about using GrimCam also? Since that has its own exe…
  • What difficulty should i start on with new characters? Should i then augment via the summonable NPC?

Looking forward to getting back into the game. and major props for getting this mod-mash-up maintained!

1 Like

Howdy and welcome :slight_smile:

Great you are coming back, still one of the best ARPGs you can grab, at least i think so :slight_smile:

If you use GrimInternals (which is highly suggested) you can download it here in the forum and yes you need to start GD still via the according exe file from there. There is a preconfigured settings file in my “Optional” download package which is setup for 1440p if you want to have a quickstart :slight_smile:

About the difficulty, it depends xD I would start in Veteran as usual if you have a new character, simply read the given lorenote and you should be fine, everything important to start a new game is described in there. Yes, Portable NPCs are very IMPORTANT now and alot of changes are inmod, if anymore questions, simply ask here and i will give my best to give some support :slight_smile:

Atm working on the optimization of the D3 Bosses which have alot of new effects and stuff that will impact into a next update that is hopefully ready for the next weekend, getting a bit of a headache atm while setting up Diablo himself…xDD but will be good, already have him lined up LOL :smiley:

You can use both at the same time. Install them normally and in GrimInternals.ini, put True at the line UseGrimCamDll=. Start the game with GrimInternals64.exe.

can u make a hotfitx to fix defense minion in this week? because minion can see everywhere in SR. really make headache.

understandable :wink: yes i will finish up Diablo himself today (i hope xD) and then i will send out an update :slight_smile: thanks for letting me know. IF everything goes optimal i can bring it later in the evening…

EDIT1: As i do think i will not get it done in time and to not let you get too much headache accordingly xD i will upload a “quickrelease” JUST here in a few minutes :slight_smile: really no time to finish up today sorry :smiley:

1 Like

Alright here it goes, ONLY a fast release for in between xD sorry about this, but i think it is needed partially :smiley: next REAL release will follow to the start of the weekend i guess, as said earlier :slight_smile:

ComboMod_quickrelease

Just a few things:

• Archetype Defender mechanic has been changed to has an initial beam that will spawn the Hunter on HIT! beware :smiley:
  • fixed reflect stat on Diamonds;
  • CHANGE: Aether Cluster → damage absorp reduced to 80%, added res stun + freeze + trap + petrify + sleep at 50%;
  • CHANGE: Improved Aether Cluster → reduced cooldown to 120 seconds, added resistances increased to 100%, removed increased retaliation stat;
  • started to adjust D3 Bosses and finally integrate the new stuff, also did some own changes as usual, NOT finished @ finetuning of Diablo himself, you can simply check everything at Crazy Mike as usual, even all phases from Diablo are now available :slight_smile:
  • various bugfixes and cleanups behind the scenes have been done… :smiley:

Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks for the info everyone!

Don’t you mean rotationSpeedMultiplier to 1?
I was able to make it rotate if allows rotation is set to 1 but it just rotate towards the player, instead of rotating in the same direction and continue.

yes that is absolutly true it searches for a target, in this case it is the player :smiley: i have also tested it again and i must have missed this behaviour on initial view, maybe i was too flashed about it that it really worked xD all good for the Arcane Archetype is was no intention to make it rotate, but yeah i will come back to a day where i might try that again to make it work, if that is even possible at all. have you tested it already?

EDIT1: maybe combine it with attack_radius_spin? or give the beam to an already rotating object like the Frost Orbs? i have alot of ideas but not the time atm, as the merging and updating + own additions to the D3 Bosses take more time even already then i have atm ;D

I just made some quick test but couldn’t make it work, I am not sure if a custom animation would work, the character doesn’t seem to rotate when rotate is disabled, and if it is enabled he follow the character.