ComboMod Testversion

Sure you can ask me anything :slight_smile:
The main intention of this very new idea of this “Grim Cycle”, which just has been implemented a few blinks ago, already revamped to a way better state, which can be tested in a while via the nil-version, is simply to give an extra punch to the action that is going on, mainly also to further expand the already given Grim Souls “mechanic”. In the upcoming version we will be haunted again with the already seen, but adjusted Skull Nova and furthermore new HALLUCINATION BOSSES will arrive, these “new” creatures have been adapted from MOST D3 Nemesis Bosses from withing the Shattered Realm, some new fx have been added, skills have been ripped apart and adjusted (also hand in hand with another optimizingslap to those origins) to give the opportunity to find them anywhere in the world at a lowered weight beneth a great bunch of Lost Souls, still adapted from the Grimmest Heroes.

To avoid looting the Grim Soul initially you can simply adjust your given LOOTRADIUS to a LOWER size, simple, as seen in the video above :slight_smile: Absolutly fair IF you take into account that we have the POWER SPHERES now, which are treated as the counterpart here.

You can check these things out in the nil-version which i will upload in a few moments after the next testrun. Three Hallucination Bosses already available to look out for :smiley:

Cheers.

Howdy :slight_smile:

An update is targeted for tomorrow, with some fixes to overall levelscaling, loot, DNB’s and new Hallucination Bosses. Quick checkin with pretty undergeared Berserker bashing the Fleshshaper for fun and to show you it is possible in that state with this gear, so it can not be TOO hard overall, as i am not the best player at all :slight_smile:
furthermore you can see the enemy Hagarond STILL on characterlevel TOO high, this has already been solved for other enemies and will be fixed for him aswell, it is simply a scriptspawn mechanic which i just learned about, already working for all bounty targets, nemesis bosses and the Gatekeeper in the Candle District! took me REALLY long to get behind this, and lol it was so simple then xD → simple change of the function “CharacterCreateArgs” to fix the levelscaling from these spawns, finally gets solved!

Cheers

2 Likes

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

2 Likes

Great job i love to see how much combo mod has evolved through the years

1 Like

Howdy :slight_smile:

As promised, a bit late for some reasons xD, an update will be available in a few moments when done uploading to version 0.9c:

VARIOUS:

• CHANGE: Innate Skill “Heart of Courage” → Power Spheres → chance to be summoned on hit decreased from 10 to 8 percent + each Power Sphere now recovers 8 percent health, energy and constitution, instead of 6! maximum amount of Power Spheres has been decreased from 12 to 10;
  • NEW: The Great Ashdim in the Conclave of the Three and Kadalor Fald are now able to craft x10 and x100 stacks of the Aether Cluster + Improved Aether Cluster consumableitem;
  • CHANGE: Exchange Blacksmiths → added tag → “Beware: ANY component or augment inserted in the gearitem you wish to exchange will be LOST after the exchange!”
  • CHANGE: Grim Cam settings → a tick MAXZOOM decreased as i notice on maxed out zoom there was a lightrig around the character which was not intended to be seen and would ruin the overall lightradius mechanic;
  • CHANGE: Omega Classrolegiver → adjusted soundFX of his conversation because it was taken for the Grim Souls mechanic;
  • FIX: Archetype Merc T3 Chaos → Obsidian Clusters now despawn correctly;

GRIM SOULS:

• TOO much CHANGES overall, so to simplify this here the updated part from the provided PDF:
  • Food Rations & Vital Essences will NOT drop anymore from anything, beside some quests and the COOK who is still able to give them out the normal way! INSTEAD the player will now encounter GRIM SOULS everywhere, even in the Shattered Realm, which will DRAIN the main resources health, energy and constitution! Adjusted the tutorialtips accordingly to this! → “A haunting spirit, which will DRAIN your essences BUT therefor grants a new CHARGABLE BUFF to slay your foes, IF you collect the Essence that will be summoned after collecting this Soul! A Grim Soul will INITIALLY drain 100 health points, 18 percent energy and 18 percent constitution, IF you catch it or it catches YOU! In addition Grim Skulls will be cast at your collectlocation to further drain your sanity, take care! On top there is a SMALL CHANCE (15 percent) to summon additional enemies against you, like Grim Soul Champions and Heroes or even a Grim Soul Boss can appear, don’t let them bring you down!”
  • Grim Souls will drop an ESSENCE OF A GRIM SOUL → this Essence grants a buff on PICKUP (has its radius set to 60 and is NOT dispellable!) → “The drain of a haunting spirit puts you into a mythical rage which grants you additional damage absorption (12 percent at MAXCHARGE), increased total damage, increased retaliation damage, increased total speed (each 30 percent at MAXCHARGE) and increased Defensive Ability (12 percent at MAXCHARGE) for a brief period of time, a charge will last for 60 seconds and can be extended by collecting MORE SOULS! The granted buffeffects can be increased up to a MAXCHARGE of 6 charges, but BEWARE, great might comes at a PRIZE! EVERY CHARGE will further REDUCE your overall resource REGENERATION as it needs active health and energy to maintain them!”
  • BEWARE: the 6 charges of the Grim Souls Buff will need ACTIVE LIFE + ENERGY COST to be maintained! → 80 HP & ENERGY used per second on MAXCHARGE!
  • In ADDITION to the drain, collecting Grim Souls will cast a projectilenova (Grim Skulls) against the player at collectlocation which deals percent current life damage (up to 18%!), disrupts skills (2 seconds at 55% max chance!) and reduces total resistances by 30% for 3 seconds! Furthermore evil creatures will be summoned on picking up a Grim Soul at a CHANCE of 15 percent, ONLY ONE additional creature per Grim Soul can spawn! Additional spawns are Grim Soul Bosses (-> original DNBs from the Shattered Realm with an adjusted skillset and a style to differentiate them from each other, available D3 Bosses: Malthael + Adria + Azmodan + Belial + The Butcher + XXX), Grim Soul Heroes (original Grimmest Heroes with slight styleadjustments, NO additional Hero Archetype Generators here ATM!!) and Grim Soul Champions (some cool and simple common/champion creatures from the basegame with slight adjustments).(XXX = more Bosses in preparation and will arrive in the next update!)
  • This tiny new “mechanic” CAN be avoided (especially with dodge usage!) IF it is NEEDED, as it IS possible that it can TRAP the player into a CHAIN OF ENDLESS GRIM PAIN! ;D (-> as the chance to drop a Grim Soul from Grim Soul Creatures IS possible!)
  • Grim Soul Bosses and Heroes have been granted with a new loottable to give out some various rare basegame craftingmaterials like Aether Crystals, Chthonic Seals of Binding, Ugdenbloom etc. at an adequate rate, all over Cairn, to never loose mood or get bored while grinding for them at the given spots;

ENEMIES:

• CHANGE: proxy levelscaling adjustment files have been adjusted → new equations which take the GAME DIFFICULTY into account and instead of AVERAGE playerlevel it takes MIN playerlevel into account! → “(minPlayerLevel+gameDifficulty+X)*1”! → to further get more control and and advanced difficulty the higher the difficulty gets :smiley:
  • FIX + CHANGE: initially very STRANGE LEVELSCALING on this creature → BOLLAG (Boss GDX1 Gatekeeper!) has lvl 43 at playerlevel 26,27 first encounter on playthrough veteran…! i was COMPLETELY UNSURE WHY! tried ALOT of things to make his level adequate BUT nothing has worked, whysoever,… SIDENOTE: even tested in VANILLA with a lvl 27 character and this boss ASWELL had level 43! → SOLUTION INCOMING: added the SCRIPTFILE “scripts/game/questsgdx1/areafgatekeeper.lua” and adjusted the function to spawn him (“CharacterCreateArgs”) accordingly to the “nemesis.lua” scriptspawn function which was already adjusted to get the basegame Nemesis Bosses under levelscaling control…! → VOILA! → then suddenly it WORKED! xD he simply did not scale correctly due to a missing MINLEVEL and an incorrect MONSTER RETURN LEVEL, i guess at least, i don’t speak lua well :smiley: anyway, this is WORKING now! could even call this a BASEGAMEFIX, but it “should” never even appear in basegame due to the fact that NOONE should ever be at this spot with a lvl 26-27ish character, i guess xD at least SOLVED, just took me 2 days and alot of brainpower to get behind this ;D SO → this boss now scales correctly with characterlevel +5! ALSO adapted this SCRIPTSPAWN FUNCTION (“CharacterCreateArgs”) adaptive to the “_bounties.lua” to solve such problems overall with the bounty spawns! → now the “_bounties.lua” and “_nemesis.lua” are EQUAL on this aswell! Furthermore added ALL basegame scripts that are needed for this script spawn function and adjusted aswell accordingly to solve further levelscaling issues like this;
  • FIX: basegame enemies → there are some common/champion enemies that have their charlevel set to “-1” (mostly Hero/Boss summons), these enemies now have been set to “+1”;
  • FIX: removed unfitting mapnugget from the Wendigo Ward questobject;

DIABLO 3:

• CHANGE: DNB’s → in the same manor the “new” Grim Soul Bosses have been “rebalanced” for their mechanics, the ORIGINAL BOSSES (called Diabolic Nemesis Bosses since a while) have been adjusted for good (hopefully xD) aswell, nothing TOO special, a few tiny fixes here and there and some balance aspects to this, some animation changes and some synergies between both Grim Soul Bosses and these Originals, like a shared Dyingskill and a new AuraFXskill to further spot its presence! done so far for → Malthael + Adria + Azmodan + Belial + The Butcher! → more Bosses in preparation and will arrive in the next update aswell togther with the adjusted “tiny” Grim Soul ones;

Download latest version:

Happy hunting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning :slight_smile:

Small issue detected → Coerced Wraith - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database + Compelled Wraith - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database → not correctly scaling to playerlevel due to a mismatch in itemlevel and levelreq, this will be solved in the next update, if you find more, do not hesitate to let me know :slight_smile:

As i am not at home in the next few days i want to share this quickly.

Updated the ComboMod_preupdate_testingAIO_nilVersion with some changes to GDM and endgame enemyscaling, the global equation has evolved into → “(minPlayerLevel+1+(gameDifficulty*15))*1” which will lead to pretty normal enemyscaling at start on normal/veteran BUT will scale higher and higher the bigger the playerlevel grows when going to Elite and beyond, still taking the difficulty level into account on top. Difficultylevels are counted as 0,1,2. So in the end at level 100 players will encounter lvl 131-136 mobs, which obviously is a bump up in difficulty towards endgame MOSTLY :slight_smile: In addition all GDM heroes WILL now even spawn from the adjusted Grimmest hero database location, which was not the case before because they were pulled from the standard location of basegame heroes, in addition a new unique mapnugget for GDM heroes has been created. Furthermore added the fixes for MI’s, decheated the Omega factionvendors by adding an IRONCOSTMULTIPLIER for their prices (450%!) and gave ALL basegame augments a DEcrease in levelreq by 30%.

Will not call this an official update now but for sure something worth to check out.

Happy testing :slight_smile:

Hello, any way to disable grim souls from appearing in a “somewhat” regular playthrough?

Howdy. No not planned atm.

Cheers.

1 Like

Would there be a way for me to remove them or anything like that? Or is it impossible? ( I have no idea sorry lol )

No not at all, you can extract the mod and make those adjustments within a few steps :slight_smile:

combo mod is back on the menu?! hell yeah

1 Like

Howdy and good morning :slight_smile:

An update will arrive this weekend with various fixes, balancing adjustments and fully tuned Grim Soul aka Vision Bosses, DNB in the SR have been adjusted and rebalanced accordingly. Internal structuring has come to an end, nearly all done on the database side, only some fx left, so BEWARE → you will need to REAQUIRE some items again like ONB + DNB unique gearitems, last time i promise :slight_smile: Last big shoot on that before 1.0 release. The next update after this weekend, if nothing major is breaking through, will then finally target MORE classes, which will make alot of ppl very happy i think :slight_smile: Quick checkin with my beloved Berserker slapping the Eldritch Sun a bit to finish Veteran difficulty finally, at least xD Alot room for improvements on the gearside, damage was very low and the death was absolutely caused by not paying attention as you can clearly see xD → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5mLYMEv63k
the nil-version has already updated again with most changes to come as preview as usual → ComboMod_preupdate_testingAIO_nilVersion

Cheers.

This build already dead 10 days, I dont konw dead by what kind of damage, because no Nemesis, no special boss, already 2 times dead like this way. It’s strange.

i would say you got zapped by the Regenerator Spheres and additionally got electrocuted by the Eletrified Storms? :smiley: got a Grim Soul beneath and stood in the Projectile Aoe and got life percented away? :DD Oh nice its shard 195 btw :slight_smile:

Im not sure, didnt see clearly . but full HP killed by one hit. Obviously, it’s abnormal
I mean I spent time for build, but dead without clarity at last :melting_face:

Have you tried DPyes to get an information about that incoming damage? i think that would help mate :slight_smile:

anyways, an UPDATE will be available in a few moments and is uploading while i am typing :slight_smile: The patchnotes have NOT been finished at all, yet xD but i don’t wanna let you wait for too long, so here we go: RELEASE#09d - MAIN + RELEASE#09d - OPTIONAL
Mainfocus in this update is targeting of the Grim Soul aka Vision Bosses and their origin DNB counterparts from within the Shattered Realm, ALOT of adjusting + rebalancing + fixing has been done and i will count it as a GFN for the most part :slight_smile: Also our good old friend Crazy Mike has been revamped a bit into more sections to not loose the track even more down the road ;D Furthermore “some” balancefixes have been applied and restructuring of the databasepart is nearly complete (holy moly, nearly 5k skillmodifiers used inmod xD), i am VERY SORRY for a LAST TIME that it happens that you MUST REAQUIRE some gearitems <3
Patchnotes will follow in the next few hours or tomorrow, alot of other stuff to do atm,… happens :slight_smile: If nothing too major hits in i can start to involve the Blood Knight from Grimer and the D2 classes from Denis, finally :slight_smile:

Cheers.

#############################################################################
Patchnotes 0.9d:
VARIOUS:

• CHANGE INTERNALLY + REAQUIRE OF GEARITEMS A LAST TIME: most parts of the database cleanups and checkups have been done so we unfortunatly have to REAQUIRE some gearitems one last time again, mostly added mod gearitems are on this list, Shattered gearitems lost their affixes and have to be rolled again aswell! I am very sorry for this BUT better now then after 1.0 :slight_smile: → only fx files left for checkups, mostly, all external mod files which were located in “xmod” folders have been completely assimilated into one big combomod-structure for a better overview to myself as i get the feeling of things getting a bit too spread out like a clusterbomb, so i couldn’t resist ;D
  • CHANGE: Crazy Mike → completely overhauled his conversation → repacked functions into subsections for a better overview, furthermore added all newly added Vision Bosses into a subsection;
  • FIX: Architect NPC → decorationitems will not rotate or move anymore! at least it looked pretty funny that spinning tent xD
  • FIX WIP: added basegamefile “records/level art/riftgates/riftgate_personal.dbr” → removed “sound1+2” → hopefully fix for “riftgate_cast01.dbr” soundeffect that was randomly created at some points for no obvious reason, encountered 2-3 times and not encountered again after this adjust, but not absolutely sure on this! furthermore removed “flatbmp.tex” to regain a 3d effect on the playerportal effect;
  • CHANGE: Archetype Mercs → all Mercs “Natural Resistances” have been adjusted to be more resistant overall, furthermore scaled their arrays for “characterLifeModifier” up to level 100 and increased this value to get especially T2 to a better state of survival for endgame content! ;D
  • CHANGE: factionvendor Devils Crossing → moved the Portable Inventor from Honored to Respected Rank;
  • CHANGE + FIX: basegame faction maxBoosterValue corrected from 2.5 to 3.0 standard value → was not up to date for some reason;
  • CHANGE: various TRAP-ENEMIES now have their correct mapnugget applied;
  • CHANGE + FIX: Shattered Realm Blacklist has been updated and refreshed with the state of creatures;
  • CHANGE: updated parts of the PDF, some loadingtips and some more tags :slight_smile:

GRIMMEST/GDM:

• CHANGE: Grimmest/GDM → spawntable → DEACTIVATED all Act Bosses to not ruin the story experience that much anymore even with GDM turned on, furthermore REACTIVATED some MINIBOSSES, basic adjustments applied like remove of scriptfunctions and quest variables to not cause random problems down the road; in addition ALL heroes from this spawntable now are linked to the XMOD_GRIMMEST HEROES! they were linked to the basegame heroes which could maybe introduce some issues and was also a bit confusing to myself, now those newly tagged but missing Grimmest heroes are now also spawning!
  • CHANGE: Grimmest/GDM → all Heroes now have a seperated mapnugget for better indication → Black Star with Red GDM label inside;

ITEMS:

• CHANGE: basegame enchants → ALL enchants have been DECREASED in levelreq and itemlevel by 30%;
  • CHANGE: RoRGs → REMOVED totalspeedmodifier, lifeleechmodifier, flat health and flat energy → was simply too strong overall;
  • CHANGE: Fistweapons, Basegame rings + medals and D3 rings → will ONLY roll a PREFIX (-> “Infused”) when shattering them, so those gearitems will NEVER get the “of Insanity” SUFFIX, which is simply too strong on those items overall! The following gearitems STILL can roll them, mostly will be INVISIBLE anyway on them → Lost Treasures UNIQUE gearitems, Omega UNIQUE gearitems, RoRGs 65 and 95 and Shattered Realm Extrareward gearitems shard 60+;
  • FIX: Fistweapons → readded dropsounds which accidentally have been removed;
  • CHANGE + FIX + NEW: Shattered Runes → "all movementrunes from the basegame can be turned into a Shattered version with REDUCED cooldown and some more MINOR movementadjustments, therefor energycost has been adjusted accordingly. The RUNE itself features 3 stats to improve the player even more → +10% energy absorption, +5% total speed and +10% reflected resistance! Skilladjustments → skillTargetNumber: doubled (for Charge); waveDistance: 18 → 22 (for Disengage); waveDistance: 18 → 22 (for Leap); waveDistance: 16 → 20 (for Rush); waveDistance: 15/17 → 20/22 (for Teleport); cooldowntime has been DECREASED by 50% (from standard basegame value!) for ALL Shattered Runes!
  • FIX: Monster Infrequents → Eldritch Wraith Offhand → adjusted itemlevel+levelreq to be equal, simply forgot this one on the “adjustment-turn” :smiley: furthermore these offhands now feature an additional modifier + skillaugment for another D3 class;
  • FIX: Monster Infrequents → Zarthuzellan’s Tome → same as above, furthermore added a skillmodifier for “Judgment” to it;
  • FIX: Monster Infrequents → Abaddoth’s Sermons → same as above, furthermore added a skillmodifier for “Possession” to it;

SKILLS:

• CHANGE: Innate Skills → Heart of Courage Buff → template changed from “Skill_PassiveOnHitBuffSelf” to “Skill_BuffSelfToggled” → still ONLY on self but active all the time like this :wink: → chance to spawn a Power Sphere has been decreased from 8 to 5 percent therefor and maxAmount has been set from 10 to 3, i guess this is on a per-enemy base, so if 3 enemies hit you you get a chance of spawning a maximum of 9 Power Spheres in that timewindow the spawnmonster for the Power Sphere is on cooldown, if i am correct on that… ;D
  • CHANGE: Power Spheres → restore now 3 instead of 8 percent health, 6 instead of 8 percent energy and 6 instead of 8 percent constitution!

ENEMIES:

• CHANGE + FIX: proxy levelscaling databases → noticed in elite + ultimate that the mobs did not start with the desired characterlevel anymore due to the new scalingequation… :frowning: so i gave it a kick again and adjusted like this → “(minPlayerLevel+1+(gameDifficulty*15))*1” → woosh, magic cast and back again to a desired state and even better, it WILL introduce an INCREASE IN DIFFICULTY FOR ELITE + ULTIMATE, the higher the player is in his characterlevel :smiley: → example: player is level 100 in ultimate, the difficulties count as 0+1+2, so he/she will encounter ALL proxyspawns with a MINLEVEL of at least 131 for a weak enemy and a max should be 136ish for a strong boss! single spawns or spawns manually placed into the world will stay on a lower level overall as they are still “balanced” for this, maybe i find a way to put both on one level, but not a biggi for now! Don’t be afraid, this scaling formula will keep normal/veteran pretty “standard” in that regard as that difficulty counts as ZERO!

GRIM SOULS:

• CHANGE + NEW: “In ADDITION to the drain, collecting Grim Souls will cast a projectilenova (Grim Skulls) against the player at collectlocation which deals percent current life damage (up to 18%!), disrupts skills (2 seconds at 55% max chance!) and reduces total resistances by 30% for 3 seconds!” → THIS can easily be avoided with the Dodge skill or any movementskill and puts another layer of pressure onto the player throughout the whole gameplay! “Furthermore evil creatures will be summoned on picking up a Grim Soul at a CHANCE of 15 percent, ONLY ONE additional creature per Grim Soul can spawn! Additional spawns are VISION BOSSES (-> original DNBs from the Shattered Realm with an adjusted and DOWNTONED skillset and a style to differentiate them from each other! available Vision Bosses: Adria, Azmodan, Belial, Butcher, Cowking, Diablo himself without further phases, Envy, Leoric, Malthael, Tyrael and Zoltun Kulle), and FORGOTTEN SOULS (-> original Grimmest Heroes with slight styleadjustments, NO additional Hero Archetype Generators here ATM + some cool and simple common/champion creatures from the basegame with slight adjustments as usual).” → encounters are really not that megahard but will bring some good amount of fun to the overall gameplay, furthermore they have been added with new loottables to give out basegame crafting materials as an alternative grinding addition :slight_smile: → this can be easily extended with more random spawns further at some point in time;
  • CHANGE: Vision Bosses → adjusted charLevel to “charLevel1+3" except for Diablo, he has +4! ALL Forgotten Souls have been adjusted to charLevel "charLevel1+2”;

OMEGA:

• CHANGE: factionvendors → removed Attribute + Devotion Resetpotion + XP Potions from Friendly Rank; removed ALL craftingmaterials from Honored Rank; swapped the Omega Augments from Revered Rank to Honored Rank, itemCost for these enchants has been set to 5k due to an overall priceadjustment of the Omega factionvendors → ALL items which can be aquired from these factionvendors now have an INCREASED PRICE (-> 450 percent increased!) to decheat these vendors and make them something to sink earned ironbits into as an alternative to “just” grind for them, especially on alts; furthermore REMOVED “difficultyunlock_ultimate.dbr” from Revered and the mod, so it is available back at the gdx2 vendor near The Great Ashdim;
  • CHANGE: ONBs → adjusted charLevel to “(charLevel*1.1)+2” except for Moosi who has +1,+2 and except for Cuba who has +3,+2,+1!

DIABLO 3:

• CHANGE + FIX + NEW: DNBs → according to the adjustments of the newly added Vision Bosses, all DNBs have been adjusted aswell accordingly with alot of mechanical and balancing updates, some new skills, effects and ai behaviour;
  • CHANGE: DNBs → adjusted charLevel to “(charLevel*1.1)+2” except for Diablo with his 3 phases, he has +1,+2,+3!

LOST TREASURES:

• CHANGE: Treasure Guardians → adjusted charLevel to “(charLevel1.1)+2" and the Ultimate Guardian to "(charLevel1.1)+3”!
  • CHANGE: Lost Treasures → ALL Treasure Guardians have been reclassified as Bosses! Bahamut the Ultimate Guardian now has the newly added Nemesis mapnugget added to be more unique on that part!

Good night :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick preview for the finally adjusted inventory, next update will take a bit longer but this will be available with the Nil-Version later this day, as usual :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why pick up Shattering Essence not incrase total numbers. I have 1050, pick up done still 1050.

NPC also not cost Shattering Essence.

D3 Bosses can spawn in boss room now(but only in low level, didt see any boss after 95.), and become little strong and smart. Old nemesis also need buff it for adapt to your Mod.

1 Like