complaining about new components

Every patch since release has been like 95:1 ratio buffs:nerfs, but I often forget that each nerf erases 50 buffs from the patch notes. :rolleyes:

The game has also gotten easier since release to the chagrin of the experts, so I dare say, I do know who we’re making this game for.

Let me spell this out again since it seems to be unclear still: the behavior on Seal of Blades is A BUG, NOT A FEATURE. Doesn’t matter how much you like an overwhelmingly broken item (one you seem to not even have since you’re also upset by the blueprint costs), it’s getting fixed.

As for these blueprints, we’ll be revising them in 1.0.3.0.

It’s already the most difficult ARPG in history, and i play with friends FOR FUN. we don’t need them to turn this into the da vinci code of gaming.

A little bit exaggerated, don´t you think?

I´m a 42 old casual player who never really played an ARPG before and I finished Ultimate. Okay, I trade for items and read about mechanics but that´s all. The rest is about time. And Yes, I use Seal of Blades and No, I had not any Devotions bound to it when I killed last boss in AoM.

Well, Polished emerald can be used to craft new rares. So now, it’s kinda useful! I’ve spent more than half of my stock of it just to get 1 rare weapon with good rolls (weapon in my build: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVA45gB2).
Searing Ember and Scavenged Plating can be used to craft dynamite (and i used them a lot for that purpose, and then dismantled trash regendaries). But now, dismantling looks like a waste of resources, and i agree, now Searing Ember/Scavenged Plating dont look useful enough.

Then give me your Scavenged Plating! :stuck_out_tongue:

I need it to build dozens of Stoneplate Greaves to get my Bloodletter´s…of Kings. Or something like that.

Edit:
Dismantling will be fixed in the next patch.

“Exaggeration” sounds like you could name an ARPG that’s more difficult lol. Doesn’t exist. And I’ve played dozens of them. Yet Grim Dawn is not the best BECAUSE it’s the hardest. It’s the best because you compete against your own imagination, it’s player-generated-content at its finest with the variety of toons you can make and sheer amount of crazy min-maxing you can do to squeeze every last drop of juice out of your creations.

So you cleared ultimate? I’m in that club too with every toon i’ve made. Have you cleared Gladiator Crucible? Mogdrogan? the new super bosses? new nemesis mobs?

I thought Mogdrogan was a fluke, i thought he was a joke the devs put in to troll us. And I can’t even scratch him on elite or ultimate, so I’m fine with him being a joke. 1500 hours played, utterly erase campaign and nemesis mobs and couldn’t touch him, so he’s a punchline, an out of context problem like trying to fight Tom Bombadil in LOTR lol.

Now come to find out the new “SUPER BOSSES” are just more of the same. FOUR NEW SUPER BOSSES was a huge selling point for me, now it turns out they’re counting the ravager 3 times? JOHN BOURBON is a super boss, that’s what a super boss should be like, and that fight was fun.

Don’t put totally impractical god-mode mobs in your game and call it content.

Made my day.

Don’t put totally impractical god-mode mobs in the game and call it content.

Completely optional.

But first, I don´t play crucible because I don´t like it. Don´t know if I would beat it, probably not because wrong choice of masteries.

And I won´t beat Mogdrogen or Ravager or new Secret Boss. For the same reason. But I don´t have to because they´re optional and not necessary for the story of the game or any quest, etc.

But here is time again:
Would I have enough time, I could level another toon. Probably Sword&Board and then…I would beat them, I´m fairly sure.

For me, this is not hard. It´s a time-killer, yes. Lich King Hardmode, Naxxramas (the old one) or Sunwell Plateau (all in WoW) pre-nerf were hard. This game imho is not.

Edit:
Talking about softcore of course. Hardcore is a completely different matter.

Optional has no relevance in this situation. Optional should still be doable by dedicated players. The fact that they’re optional goes without saying lol, if you were required to fight them Grim Dawn would have been shut down years ago with a player base of zero. I’m guessing maybe 1 in 10,000 have beaten Mogdrogan on ultimate. And people are calling Ravager more difficult (though we got a few more % off ravager than we ever have off Mog on elite lol… maybe about 9% total)

So fix the bug :rolleyes:

You already nerfed the elite components so let’s hope now you buff them. Offensive devotions being able to be bound to some auras is a fantastic idea considering Defensive procs can be stuck on anything in the universe. It opens up more creativity with builds and that is always a good thing.

Good to hear the recipes will be revised, I’m kind of surprised someone thought a “meh” armor component was cool with recipes harder than mythic relics, that seems like a drunk moment. Overall the xpansion is friggin amazing, it’s oddball outliers that become critical hits to player QOL that need to be adjusted. Super mob difficulty and incentive to use the new components.

Why everyone is so obsessed with rare boots, that use underwhelming common base? Are there not enough strong legendaries?

Nope. :undecided:

Okay, there are boots, which are “okay”, but the crafted ones are better with the right affixes.

Runeguard Greaves are ridiculous and I love em. If the build can fit these suckers then THEY’RE GOING IN. phys res hp and a wonderful safety bubble are just a few minutes of component juggling away, much removed from the pain that is crafting endless number of boots to see if anything is a winning lottery ticket.

There are some very tempting boots from AoM and they were desperately needed, legendary boots were trash before but with mythics + new drops I’d say we’re pretty set :slight_smile:

They lack Stun Resist…which is much needed in AoM.

Till (if ever) I get the crafted boots, I will go with Mythical Storm Titan Treads.

Which they are doing at the moment…:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Grim Dawn the hardest ARPG…you must be kidding me.

I’m afraid I have to agree with this. Even though I don’t like the game, I found POE much harder at the top levels. Certain bosses (already mentioned) excepted ofc.

PoE isnt really harder than AoM, it just has too many weak builds, and if you play one of them, you will struggle. Or, if you play SSF, you’ll struggle. If you play one of the strongest build, it wont be hard. It will be even easier that GD if we take into account that you play GD self-found, and in PoE, you’re supposed to trade, so you ALWAYS will get great gear for your build (in GD, bad luck can just say “fuck you”). I play PoE since 2013, and i know what i’m saying.
Of course, if we take away content, meant to be skipped, such as T16 maps with 3+ damage mods, or Halls of Grandmasters. Players are supposed to skip that shit (or prepare for unfair challenge), just like they skip Mogdrogen and Ravager in GD.

if you think POE is harder than Grim Dawn i’d have to say i think you’re smoking something :rolleyes:

Perhaps heavily modded, but vanilla game not even close. And naturally I’m comparing ALL The game content. After all “4 New Super Bosses” was a selling point blasted right at us in the TRAILER for AoM. And why not? Ravager has incredible loot, he is part of the game. Sure he’s optional, but so is every nemesis mob. If you trim everything “optional” from the game there’s really not a whole lot left, the main story questline is pretty slender compared to other ARPGs.

I have more than 1500 hours in on this game. I always play ssf and I don’t use mods. I know what difficult is folks so don’t be telling me what to think. If you pay attention to builds etc. Grim Dawn is not hard, especially with the helpful community we have here.

I don’t understand this thread at all. I think Grim Dawn is pretty well balanced in terms of difficulty currently. If anything, I think it could be made slightly more challenging than it is right now.

Maybe by adding more Hero and Boss monsters with reasonable difficulty spikes (like they cast visible short buffs on themselves which increase their damage, or they debuff the player, or they summon minions - and yes, I am aware that there are plenty of monsters in the game that already do that, I’m just saying there could be more of them and they could be made slightly harder; especially in the sense that they enforce tactical combat planning from the side of the player - like kiting, or heavier use of potions and ointments, etc…)