complaining about new components

wait what exactly did you find MORE difficult in POE? i am genuinely curious. which mobs were harder than nemesis/super bosses? heck i don’t even remember anywhere NEAR as much LETHAL FLOOR AOE in POE.

now i haven’t played all the expansions, and it took a little research to spec in the right direction from your starting point and not waste it all, but GD takes research too- assuming you want to make an effective character for ultimate :rolleyes:

now if you base difficulty on likelihood of death-by-crap-character-build POE is definitely up there. But GD has that as well, along with plenty of absurdly lethal PvE content that will ERASE your 6s Mad Queen build.

With the bad droprate of legendary items in this game, at least for the class you are playing, ill say the game is hard, its all about how lucky you are that makes the game even hard or easy. Myself are very unlucky in this game have played a necro for hours each day since expansion went out.

I havent got one single necro(pet) item yet. I only get melee stuff to soldier or nightblade. So the game is hard when you cant get gear that support your build. If you run a build with complete nonsense gear dont tell me the game is easy.

And PoE dont mention that game i hated it and the trading is way to stupid and expensive.

One thing that could make this game easyer is loot that drops actual often would be to the classes you play instead of what it is now. A good grinding game need to drop a usefull item to the dedicated player to keep playing the game, and to keep up the spirit. Im allready about to give up on this because I dont get anything of use. And most of the time in the expansion I only get epic items not legendary.
So for me the game is very hard in expansion.

If you die to that, you got no one to blame but yourself. It is easy to avoid / get out of fast enough

definitely not auto kill but when a boss takes off 80% of your poison resist and sticks a huge poison pool under you etc etc. huge pain in the butt

I dont think there is a boss, that takes off 80% of poison resist.

Tbf when you have “only” 80% poison resist and no overcap then a single 30-40% total resist reduction is enough to be fatal.
Anyway, the way that you use, your comma.

um… I was complaining about the components, but now I’ve found ppl are talking about difficulty and resistances…

for me, this game isn’t very hard.
but there are some features which are letting me bit disappointed.
but it’s still good game and I gonna play this more.
however there are some issues to be fixed, and I started a topic one of them here.
I’d like to point some others out
but my english is not good enough for that or I am too lazy.

A full run through on Ultimate gave me one Ugdenbloom , I’m not sure I want to farm these because of that drop rate . With so many other things to farm including MI’s it’s a pain in the backside .

Agreed. We have gotten off topic here. The thread is not about game difficulty but the drop rate of crafting mats. Sorry for being involved with the hijack :undecided: We can start a new thread if people want to talk about game difficulty. Once again from me before bowing out: I love this community! I play this and D3 and have played a fair amount of POE as well. You guys are the best/most helpful by far. Love you all and you’re the reason I don’t struggle with this game (super bosses excepted). Now I’ll show myself the door :smiley:

Found the seal of shadows blueprint, it takes oleron’s blood for one part, you need four parts. That’s … 48 seals of binding, sigh. And it’s not even one of the good seals.

Then you are extremely unlucky, which goes to show that RNG makes all the difference in this game
I have gotten 19 ugdenbloom’s since xpack release, suppose that makes me a lucky person
Aside from that I also feel the price of crafting the new components is too steep, but Zantai said in this thread that it’s being worked on
I have confidence in that

Yeah, and farming those seals is even more boring than Ugdenblooms… And takes much more time.

Really dunno why you guys have trouble finding Ugdenbloom, just clean out Gloomwald/Ugdenbog. I was not farming them, just doing the quests and ran through the place twice on separate days and ended up with 20 or so. Just remember to check Rotting Stumps too. Also, there are a LOT of Ugdenbog Golem bosses in the area, and each is bound to drop one or two.

I think he means him:

And yes, he very likely reduces resistance to Acid and Poison, plus makes poison pools, shoots out a really damaging poison nova, and summons Carnivorous Plants that also shoot poison. And that’s just at range. He also hits for insane damage and poisons up close…

Depends on your level. Over 65-70 you will get a lot of legendaries.
And no, I really don’t want this game to be like Diablo III, only dropping items your character can use… I love stocking up on items for other builds, I often get ideas for a build just by seeing an item and thinking what possibilites that would open up…

Poison shotgun - chance to fumble attack, 30% and RR, 22%

Ugdenbog’s mire fever - chance to apply on his every attack, RR to acid/poison, 25%

I am running as level 100 and still no good drops.
Agree not to be like diablo, but just once in a while get an item for you class havent got one item yet for the class I play.

If I want to play just one class combination, I dont see what it helps me fill up storage with gear to other classes, my character dont get better by this.

There must be some way they can make a bigger change of items to drop for your class beside the other loot.

As it is now its a no character progression loot system. but a fill out your chest with items you dont use system.wich makes the game boring for me pretty fast.

Actually, you can get Ugdenblooms very quickly if you follow the “otimal farming route”, and skip most monsters on the way (i kill only heroes/bosses, crabs (for serrated spike) and spirits (for Ectoplasm).
If you just wanted Ugdenbog randomly, you wont get many Ugdenblooms, sorry. It feels like all stumps are located on one “perfect farming line”.

He reduces it by 20-30.
It just seems that many AoM enemies deal just ridiculously high damage. Sure, my tanky character can withstand it, but i clearly feel the different - before AoM, enemies barely scratch me though 300 hp/s regen, and in AoM, i can die if stand idle for few seconds.

And i cant say how glad i am for i’ve choosen Forcewave character, because he’s immune to “fumble”/“impaired aim”. It seels like every second enemy in AoM possess that shit.

yeah, I have been wanted to point that thing out
In AoM, our CC skills are almost useless or really restricted.
while many mobs from AoM are dealing numerous paralyzing skills.

so that’s really annoying especially when I am playing full-caster build.
of course, glass-cannon-like casters should be more fragile than S&B soldier-based melee builds.

but, at least casters should have good enough CC skill(s) to overcome those insane damage, and tremendous packs of mobs.(but they are just immune of that…)
at least casters could hit and kite.
actually I do hit and kite,
but it’s too much kiting. hit 20, then kite 60, get stunned or paralyzed 20

and if I try to face Nemesis, the kiting rate would be increased.

These new nemesis have ridiculous one shot hit, so kiting is a must as sometimes I feel tired of running around. For bloom I create a router for myself, yell 2-7 blooms per run, for one hour is about ~40-50, but meeting that dumb shit Kupachuppachup frequently.

Hi, just to anyone looking for Vengeful Wraith spots… Spined Cove is still good. Lots of Ectoplasm drops and even a couple of Vengeful Wraith drops themselves from the ghosts in there. I just do a full loop and then reset.

Half the reason I still run SoT, is to bum rush the massive groups of ghost mobs for Ecto and Wraith.