Complete Remaster of Grim Dawn's vanilla textures, I bring you GrimTex

Hello, thank you for this mod. Can i check if there is a step by step instruction on how to download and extract these mods? Do i need to download all three parts?

Totally amazing, this is what came to my mind when i started to test this in combination with my modcompilation on midlevel shards the last few hours! :slight_smile: it really brings a new shine to Cairn, improves lightning + contrast + reflections by a great visible factor, instantly won’t go back! Only thing that could bother someone might be the slight loading “hitch”, sometimes, while loading the bigger assets, but i guess that is a normal behaviour. Never thought someone will do this, but here you spit this out xD You sir, made me and i bet alot of others pretty happy! Keep it up! If you find more ways to improve this great game even further, don’t hesitate, i am clueless about that, maybe shader optimizations? ;D also the route you took of NOT having a need to download an EXE file, is the best choice i think! Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi there. There is now a readme in the mod itself, with some instructions.

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it. :grinning: The hitching part can be if you have power save settings on, on your gpu. For instance if you use nvidia, you will need to go to control panel and turn to max performance. Its not on be default.

I redid those items too, just did not change their size for ui reasons.

Nah not really ;D anyways the hitch is so minimal i guess the most people won’t even notice it, so all good :slight_smile: Great job on this!

Thank you. I highly recommend this mod. Great work. Grim Dawn never looked so good!!

Hi. At the outset I will write that I like the MOD very much but there are but in places graphic errors. I will give some examples. Sorry for my english.

Download, endorse, comment and track this mod on the Nexus. It’s amazing and needs more attention.

2 Likes

Hi there. I recommend trying a few things first. Delete the files, and re-extract them. Verify your game installation, and then replace the files in the settings folder. If this doesnt fix it. Let me know exactly where these are located.

So far I have noticed the problem in:
Gates of Necropolis
Tomb of the Watchers
Tomb of Korvaak
Mourndale - Blood containers
Cinder Wastes
Archon’s Tomb

Good work on your part. The game has gained a lot from the visual side.

1 Like

Working on tracking those down today, thanks for showing me!

Could anyone of the people that have installed this post a video of the gameplay with this mod installed?

I think videos compress the real quality of the mod, it’s best you install it and see it for yourself.

I have checked most of the locations and so far the graphical errors occur in one collation. I will let you know if I find anything else. Also, the portals look worse in my opinion. Do you have plans to improve anything else? It’s hard to go back to basic textures after your graphics mod hehe :rofl:.

1 Like

I removed the FX from it recently to redo it. Will be readding shortly. What you are seeing is vanilla lol.

I can not figure out which texture that is. Its odd. I redid them all lol.

Did i fix the previous locations mostly?

Yes the others have been repaired. If I find anything else I will let you know.

1 Like

I am VERY excited about this retexture project!!

Keep up the amazing work sir!

• I am going to wait a bit longer before installing to ensure all the graphical anomalies have been patched/fixed… BUT, I expect this to become one of my “must-have mods” (Like Grim Internals, Rainbow Filter, and Grim-UI etc)

:+1:

2 Likes