Component Completion Bonuses: RIP

It does, at least in the stash - there’s a number up in the top right corner tells you how many completed components you have. I have something like 30 Polished Emeralds for heaven’s sake. Can you nerf their drop rate a bit please for something more useful? It’s the most useless component of them all. Something with poison and/or pierce resistance would be nice, I’m always struggling to find those resistances.

Overall, I find components way less useful than the relics/charms of TQ. They just don’t seem to give me what I want/need so I mostly only use the ones I can put on weapons/shields/jewellery. I also don’t care for the skill granted by item, much prefer the skill that activates on attack but there seems to be far fewer of those compared to the granted by item ones.

Honestly, apart from the inevitable DPS loss, my issue is that right now there is exactly one component, Sanctified Bone, that grants chaos/aether resists without a %conversion to either.

And it only goes on chest armor.

If you’d make it able to be applied elsewhere (legs/head?) or made 1/2 others that can apply on 1-2 armor pieces and give those resists (enough so that I can get 10-20% each) I’d be happy.

I can pick up plenty of vit/bleed/pierce/poison/elemental resists via other components and devotion, but for chaos/aether I’m stuck with Empty Throne (10%/10%) and Spider (8% Chaos), unless I want to go into constellations that also gives bonuses to those damage types.

Right now those 2 are pretty much mandatory at higher difficulty levels, and that doesn’t feel right, and chaos/aether resist augments are disproportionately valuable for everyone except chaos/aether builds.

Pretty much this. there need to be a few adjustments.

Beside this i think devs should get now rid of completion of materials at all and adjust drop rates for Components. Also crafting values need to be adjusted which is no problem with stacked components. I really hope devs can see that there is no real gameplay value to see a modifier going up 1-2 % each stack during these maximum 10 minutes of material collecting in a normal playthrough… It’s already annoying to do this thing which has no real sense any more. Let’s get rid of it!

Who cares, really?

I more disappointed that feature of item granted skills was not polished good enough.

The inevitable dumbing down begins … Sad, very sad.
Also ruined my main characters health pool! :frowning:

Yup, component completion bonus actually added a factor of complexity to item variation.

What’s next? Is Crate Entertainment also going to remove random crafting and just let the players select the affixes? I lost a whopping 50% fire damage from this nerf on a build that mainly does fire damage. Good thing my pet build is still face rolling the new content though.

I support that.

I know that was sarcasm, but I support that too. :stuck_out_tongue:

While we’re at it, let’s add a vendor that sells every single item in the game. Remove farming altogether.

Crafting does not equal, or at least should not equal, farming. :slight_smile:

“I know you’re an arcanist, and you worked hard for that scrap, but I made you a ring with a bonus to piercing damage and attack speed. That’ll be 4083 iron, please.”

I’d restrict the range and quality of possible affixes and simply require additional components beyond merely scrap. Want a good sword with a bonus to damage? Toss in a Blessed Whetstone as well, or at least part of one. Want lightning damage on it instead? Toss in a Cracked Lodestone. Want better lightning damage and guaranteed conversion? Toss in an Attuned Lodestone, or part of one. And so on.

Lol, component completion added 0 complexity. It was just farm till you get whatever bonus you want. Now you have to plan more carefully within the limits of what is available on each component, make more of a trade-off in what you choose for each slot. It will also be more of a challenge to balance component choices with your gear and skill / devotion choices instead of just rolling components until you get the bonuses you need to make up for whatever gap was left by your gear and skill choices.

I can understand if you liked the grind of farming components and the reward of completing them to get the prefect bonus / roll. As for complexity though, if anything, this adds some complexity and greater need to plan all your gearing and skill choices.

I think it’s a good decision, let’s test it ! :slight_smile:

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! OMG, my alpha-in-development-not-even-released-yet-game build is completely destroyed! AHHHHHHHHH!

Seriously.

At any rate I believe I originally voted in that poll to keep completion bonuses but I also found that as time went on that I was beginning to doubt my own decision on that particular subject and I’ve found myself spending more and more time reconsidering the impact of completion bonuses.

I’m looking forward to playing with the new components. I don’t think anything was lost, simply that all dramatic changes of this nature will need some tuning to smooth over whatever void was created by excising the old system. I’ll certainly be glad to reclaim a massive portion of my character’s stash space.

It is a definite improvement to crafting. Not having to go to my stash - priceless!

Best change of the patch so far. Fishing for bonuses was tedium and this change saves me dozens of hours and a guaranteed inventory management burnout. Grew to hate the system in TQ, glad it’s out of the way now.

It occurs to me that people didn’t know that you could reroll bonuses for iron.
Step 1: you have completed polished emerald 3/3 with unwanted bonus and 2/3 of polished emerald
Step 2:Take helm, put 2/3 of polished emerald in it, complete it with finished emerald.
Now you have helm with random bonus, old Emerald now 2/3.
If you don’t like result - get new helm, put 2/3 emerald in it, destroy old by saving emerald and goto 1.

Without any trouble I had every completion bonus on every component.

I was initially disappointed, but it’s clear there are many benefits like stash space, crafting and shrine streamlining. Just making the decision about whether to keep the item or the component from Darlet just got infinitely easier.

What if there was a % chance, say ~10%, that when you complete a component you’d get one with either a powerful completion bonus that wouldn’t stack with the rest of the pile, or better say “empowered” versions of the base components that would also be stackable. Plus add blueprints that would allow you to ramp up the base components into empowered versions at a fair cost, or just do the blueprints.

Actually it may just be better to do a tier system sort of like there is with relics, where better components for applying to items can be created through the use of many cheaper components. There’s already “rare” components, it would make sense to just expand on that and add more rare and another tier above that which would be the players end goal. Then it gives the player a reliable progression to follow, without the randomness and tedium of dealing with individual components as it was before the change.

Also now that we can save every component, what are the uses of having so many?
Are bounties going to be added that ask for fair amounts of them?
Plus are shrine requirements going to be turned up to more than just single components?

I’m all for this change. Looking forward to see what this change will allow Crate to add to the game in the future.

Please, please don’t give Crate ideas like this… Really don’t want to have to re-do the entire components guide :eek::eek::eek: :wink:

I’m really torn about this change. First of all I’m happy that my stash will have a lot more free space now and I really appreciate all the other quality of life improvememts this change brings along. But on the otherside it completely destroyed my favourite build and therefor the game itself lost a lot of its momentum for me and I will probably be way less enthusiastic about exploring the rest of the content. Well, at least the other games in my steam library approve this change.