Compost Yard suggestion

This alone would be enough for me right now. In a village of 1000, I need at least 20 composters and there is still buildup. Having twenty compost yards takes up too much space, so having even just two workers per means cutting that down to 10.

I feel like the compost yard already has a defacto radius. That is, it’s limited by the workers ability to get the poop out efficiently. Have more houses than the poop farm can handle and it falls short, but also, if the poop farm is too far away the worker will spend so much time travelling it won’t get the job done efficiently.

The way I deal with this is, once my town gets to a certain size, putting a poop farm on each edge of town (x4). Far enough away that I don’t get the desirability penalty, but close enough that the worker can actually do the job. If you have multiple population centres around the map, they should each have their own poop farm anyway.

The problem with a hard radius is desirability, and little spots between radii getting no service, as with rat catchers. I hate that problem with rat catchers, and I would hate it more with poop collectors.

I think the better the house (the higher the level), the more poop it produces.

Impressive post!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.