Contributions - Are we Crazy to Ask?

funny that your can call it a donation …

after knowing the tq forums and the actual people behind the tqit. i am not donating anything , i am just giving them a bit of money so they can live and create :wink: my next game.

if i had the money , i would have paid for the whole development. :cry:

but even 48$ is just the amount i would have payed for the game in a store where i live ( bad demand => :furious: ).

good luck
( for both of us, the team and me winning the lottary :wink: )

I can see TQ plus the expansion on Gamersgate (quite cheap, less than 10 USD);
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TQPACK/titan-quest-gold-edition-bundle

Perhaps it’s regional coding that prevents you from seeing it?
srhug

Heh, I tried the search box and it came up with nothing. Seems it was there all along!

Thanks for the link yerkyerk!

No problem. That game is definetely worth checking out.

I don’t believe you’re crazy to ask. Based off of your previous game Titan Quest and the many many hours and years of fun it provided myself and I’m sure many others we can fork over a few schillings to help you guys out on your new project.

I have already gotten the legendary edition, but I think I will still donate a little here and there when I’m able to.

I can’t let people starve who want to make an awesome game for me.

“We’re a long, long ways off from those secure servers that we all dream about…”

Out of interest…How much do secure servers cost?

If you had not already demonstrated your prowess and flair when it comes to game design, asking for donations at a stage this early might come off as either arrogant or plain desperate. But as it is, you have demonstrated those things - and thus, by virtue of your previous exploits, I have complete faith in your ability to deliver a compelling game experience. I’m more than willing to contribute financially in advance both to help ensure that the end product is the best it can be and to pledge my support, and then pay again upon release to boost the sales figures.

Apologies in advance if someone already said something similar. :slight_smile:

Heh, it goes to show that the goodwill built up by Titan Quest comes a long way…

It depends on a lot of factors really; how many players there are, what the bandwidth use is per player, etc. The servers themselves aren’t too expensive, but running/maintaining them can be. It’s a monthly cost that would require a large reserve of funds to ensure we could keep it going.

Hi Crate,
I loved Titan Quest!
This is certainly the answer I would give to all the people that doubt the game and it’s value. Just look at the amount of people who are part of the community; all of them are waiting with impatience for the GRIM DAWN, they believe in the game and your abillities to create a new, incredible and amazing game, without having seen even the smallest image!!

In my opinion it is only logical that we have the needed trust in you, Crate, as you have always had trust in us, the players.

i trust them and i believe this game will be better than TQ and hope it will sell better that TQ also…

i think release it before D3 is smart, or nobody is going to buy this game after D3 is out.

PS: #51 u mis-spelled their name…dude…

I think D3 will make the genre super popular. It doesn’t matter when they release, because either they’ll get the people that’ll pick up Grim Dawn before D3 comes out, or they’ll get the people that now love the genre because of D3 and they’ll pick up Grim Dawn anyways.

Either way, as long as they don’t release the game right when D3 comes out, they’ll be fine. Before or after isn’t a big deal.

I am sorry, i was so excited about the new ARPG Grim Dawn…:smiley:

For me, I would normally never donate to a unfinished product like this. There are no guarantees at the end of the day whether or not we will ever see a finished product good intentions or not. However, with that said, I plan on doing my part to help the cause within the next month or two. I have never done this before and its a walk in the dark but I am okay with that.

The amount of passion and effort that went in to TQ is just amazing. Why the game is more of a cult following than a huge success is beyond me. The game deserves far more success. As a hardcore Diablo player from the beginning, I find many things I like more in TQ than I did in the entire Diablo series to date.

If there is any group of individuals that can make this happen, it would be you folks. I am glad to support the cause, not to mention, there are some really cool benefits your tossing in for doing so. I am truly excited about GD and I am trying to spread the word as much as possible. I would love to see a video even if its short.

This topic is a little old, but recent events have caused me to return to the Grim Dawn site to check on the progress of things. In answer to the question posed by this topic, no, you are not crazy to ask at all. I loved Titan Quest personally, it is the only game in the last few years that I played for six months straight and loved. As soon as I see some more media to indicate this game is in fact moving along, I’ll be ready to jump on the “legendary” bandwagon.

The ARPG as a genre has really died off recently, but Torchlight has shown that ARPGs can succeed in the new digital distribution marketplace. Now the elephant in the room is Diablo 3, but recent actions by Blizzard are rubbing me the wrong way. At this point, if Grim Dawn’s multiplayer is workable, I’m much more inclined to sway my friends to get it and play with me than D3 when it releases. With the direction Blizzard has been moving, I fully expect Diablo 3 to carry a premium price tag and attempt to extort money from customers in any way possible.

Yaaar, ebil mods have moved all of the derail on DLC contents here:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588

D3 is going to be amazing, but with current patterns (SC2) I wouldn’t expect a beta until 2013.

As to contributions, awesome idea. One thing I loved about TQ was the close relationship the devs had with the community - which should stop this from becoming another Hellgate or Sacred2.

I’ve always felt guilty for not having the chance to support titan quest =/. Now i kinda feel better for having got the pre-order xD haha

Hell, I just got my hands on The Legendary Fan Edition of Grim Dawn few days ago. Is that mean I’m crazy also!? :smiley:

Well, I came from Malaysia. Where u can get pirated disk easily around the corner. And my friends always said “Are u nut!? U can get a game at the price of USD $2-3, why u want to spend so much on original?”

It’s the choice I make, and u know it’s wrong to steal. But do u know pirated is also a way to steal? And it will also cost the developer to earn less or worst!

So Crate Ent, u have my support. :stuck_out_tongue: