[Controller support] Option to switch quickbars by holding a button instead of pressing it

Just a quality of life change to make the skillset switching more fluid and intuitive in combat.

My reasonings:

1. It allows you to press less extra buttons, which makes combat with a lot of enemies less confusing

2. It allows you to quickly access twice as much skills - which is important since gamepad has less buttons. The best way to play on PC with a controller is to put all auras on the M+KB and all active skills on the controller.

A side note - maybe autocasting all auras after starting the game/in X seconds after being dispelled would be the best option for the console release, if it’s still happening. Grim Dawn was designed for PC, so it has too much castable skills and auras for controller, even if it’s fine for M+KB.
My usual build uses, like, 15+ buttons - even though half of them are auras.

1. It allows you to easily cast skills with muscle memory. Something like X and RTrigger+X makes a lot more sense for my hands than RTrigger, X, RTrigger.

2. You know what exactly you are pressing an any given moment. No more frustration because you forgot to swith the quckbar back.

3. It give an option to implement one more easily accessible quick bar - for example, X, RTrigger+X and LTrigger+X

How to make 2nd Hotbar active if and only if swap button is held down in Big Picture

We need to add 2 activators to a button:

• first called Start Press makes a Hotbar swap when you press

• second called Release Press makes another Hotbar swap when you release

The combined result of these two behaviours - 2nd Hotbar showed if and only if you hold

What may interest you: [Guide] Autocasting for controller in Big Picture and Grim Internals

1 Like

This… actually solved every single problem I had, thank you. Even fixed the minor annoying bugs.
Though some people bought the game in GOG, so it’s not a universal solution.

Maybe Big Picture still works if you add non-Steam Grim Dawn to Steam?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.