Conversion Question: Panetti's and Farath's Cube - Proliferation?

Hi all!

Farath’s Cube converts aether damage to cold to Panetti’s Missile. Does that also mean that it converts Aether damage to cold for Proliferation?

Second question: Does Distortion’s damage apply to each Panetti’s fragment, or is it a single bit of added damage to the initial projectile?

Proliferation conversion by skill modifiers

• works on the damage your main target receives
    (it adds damage to main target not only side targets)

• but additional projectiles damage is not converted

• that’s why I gather some global conversions for another Panetti build to convert Proliferation

So if you’re just interested on single bosses perforomance, you don’t need global conversion for Proliferation just conversion from skill modifiers is enough to boost Proliferation damage on single target but in Crucible it might be beneficial for AoE

I don’t know how it works but should be testable on 2 dummies in Devil’s Crossing. w8 let me test it quickly

[edit] It IS added to PRM fragments (main node fragments, not Proliferation fragments I suppose)

1 Like

Amazing. Thank you for the thoughts and for the field testing!

This is really helpful going forward - I was also eyeing off Vitality Panetti’s using the Conduit of Arcane Whispers modifier. I’ll have to keep the conversions in mind for proliferation fragments for max Panetti damage. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, the Vitality one is actually the one I was talking about https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZq0ygvV
But these global Elemental and Aether conversions are useful not only for Panetti but also:

• Raise the Dead
  • Rattosh
  • Haunt
  • Corruption
  • Spectral Wrath

in this variant and maybe something else I forgot.

And here a variant without these conversions, fewer skills benefiting from them, no greens but more hardcapped PRM nodes https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EMbX32

And the most important of all this Fashion Dawn

1 Like

Hot damn,that fashion dawn…

…And the build seems nice too ;D Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I just realised you could get red PRM and red devastation on the same build. Nice.

Unfortunately you cannot without modding. The Diviner Codex is a classic example of something I notice regularly:

• when a skill has 2 damage types X and Y
  • is X looking
  • a modifier converting just Y to Z doesn’t make it Z looking

It’s the same with i.e. Morgoneth and Wind Devils not being Red (it converts the Physical damage of Devils to Vitality).

This codex doesn’t change Devastation’s Aether FX to Vitality, you’d need the Ungoliax amulet for that.