Cornucopia 0.4 - Your enemies grow stronger!

Grim Dawn: Cornucopia v0.4.0.1C
Last updated 11/5/2017

Cornucopia003_v041C Devotion Fix

Cornucopia003 Dropbox Link

Patch Notes

Introduction

Welp, time to release! Included you will find some balance changes to our previous versions but mainly Kyzogg and the Ancient Shambler got a facelift, specifically in the higher difficulties.

We promised we’d eventually make the game harder once player balance was in a better place, and that time has come. Due to both Ceno and I being busier in real life I decided to start just releasing this incrementally, and you guys will have to suffer as my play-testers. This will enable me to hone in on balanced difficulty tuning faster I think.

Anyway two things to mention: This thread will be used for all 4.0 updates, some small some massive. My current plan is to work on one to two bosses at a time, then release small updates as hotfixes to trash mobs that appear up until the final boss I updated. So for example in this update I am releasing Kyzogg and the Ancient Shambler, and I’ll start releasing hotfixes of updates to all the crap mobs and some heroes that appear in between, as well as some of the mini bosses. (I think I’ll do the sliths next).

Furthermore: The google docs I used for 3.3 will probably be used for all future Cornucopia versions. This way you can get all your Cornucopia old-changes data in one place, more or less. I may add the notes from really old versions to the bottom as well when I’m feeling self-hating and not lazy.

Anyway just remember that for bosses they’ll probably be harder on elite and ultimate because I clone them but give them new abilities exclusive to the higher difficulties.

Please give us as much detail as you can on the experiences. Post a .rar or 7zip of your character, and tell me how the boss played. Tell me if they’re too easy or hard. Tell me which of their abilities is the most annoying, unfair, hits too hard, hits too soft. Please definitely tell me when one of their abilities sucks. The idea is to make sure all their abilities are worth noticing to some extent. In the mean time…

(if someone can teach me how to make gif effects without the watermark that’d be great)

Resources
Old Version: v0.3.3
Development Thread: Development Thread

Attachment: cornucopia_0401_savedata.zip
Attachment: Bugzz1.jpg
Attachment: 20170521195341_1.jpg

[Reserved]

The first reanimator boss in Burial Hill is fun, but i think spawn of minion is about too much (almost full of screen 10 second after the fight), I am at normal veteran difficulty.

Most importantly, after I defeat the boss the main quest din updated! I cannot proceed to the next main quest, wonder anyone also suffer the problem?

As you declared before, the files became simple and this translation was very easy. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I played a little in normal. And I also face the same problem as longggerrr. I killed the first boss Kyzogg, but the quest doesn’t complete. It’s not difficult to kill him in normal difficulty. So I restarted the game twice and killed him three times in total, but the quest is still incomplete. :frowning: Save data is here if necessary.

Very good. :slight_smile:

Sweet. Good stuff right here :smiley:

Also, those glasses on both of your avatars is ridiculously awesome :cool:

Fuck, I was worried about this. I know the quest completes in elite and ultimate.

Will attempt to fix today. I know one way I can fix it that I rather not do, but it would be nice if I could get it working as is.

Hotfix A

• Fixed Reanimator Quest in normal and Vet.
  • Pretty much all zombies now have less delay between their attacks.

Or just redownload, I used the same links for the fix.

They trying to be cool like me :cool:

Thanks, You guys are doing great! Just merged this with my project and everything is working well! Cheers!

Certainly, the quest progressed in the hotfix version. Thanks for the quick response!

See you guys are using that Diablo artwork very nicely

Good work as always, even for now, and I wish you continue to better your mod.

Well… he sure lives up to his name now, that’s for sure. I got zerged and had my ass handed to me. I think I actually really like this battle now! He’s not just over powered or tripled up, but has his own thing going on that you got to prepare a bit for. Great job!

Are you talking about normal/vet or the higher difficulties. Both Kyzogg and the Ancient shambler have new tricks if you play them on elite+. :))

I think he’s difficult but fair in normal/vet. He’s rougher on builds without AoE but you can still kite him pretty easily. Just be careful of his inner rotating orb it deals 20% of your current life as damage on top of its innate fire and aether damage.

I’ll have to do some testing with him with non-aoe heroes to see if he’s too rough, in which case I can probably just tone a couple things down so you don’t get zerged as heavily. But as I’ve said I did beat him a few times before releasing on both veteran and ultimate… I think he may sadly be easier in ultimate due to all the gear you have by then, but I can try and fix that later.:cool:

Anyway he has no healing abilities so with enough health potions he should be a breeze. (hmm, I should remove health potions from them game!!! This is a joke but I do think they’re a bit strong, especially in Cornucopia where I’ve raised your base health.)

Great job making enemies harder :slight_smile:
About health potions - you can make them just rare and not sellable from merchants, also removing instant heal, making it x heal over x seconds :slight_smile:

On Normal actually XD. I just wanted to test things out so I just did a quick run-through with a test character. I can’t wait for Grimarillion to update with this, so I can hit it with my Black Mage.

I’ve always thought health potions worked better in tiers - but I’m not sure if that’d work with the whole GD/TQ system. Could lower the instant health and up the long-term regen, that might make a difference. >_> Not that I don’t spam health potions on certain builds… OR to make up the difference, the Reanimator could have a minion sacrifice spell? Sacrifice a few zombies for health regen or something. Or maybe some crystal formations that work similar to Wendigo Totems? Could even make them friendly-fire-able. That’d help the zerging and add a healing factor to him.

Just wanted to give some feedback on the Animator fight (Ultimate). I’ve been busy so haven’t tried the other fight yet.

Let’s get the first thing out of the way…Occultist is OP at the moment. You guys need to take a pass through and give ADCTH a hard look. I don’t want to see it or life leech go away but they’re both allowing me to make unkillable builds and you’ll see this in the next couple of screen shots.

Animator kill #1

Animator kill #2

The first build completely face rolled the fight. I basically broke off to kill the crystals and then straight face tanked the boss. I never even hit 50% health because Meat Shield never proc’d. You can see I have shit resistances and this is a character I just hacked up to 75, gave him some gear and devotions; then hit the fight.

The second build is a hybrid offensive/defensive shield user that’s cleared Ultimate up to ol’ Loggy. I haven’t done any of the Nemesis fights or Rogue dungeons with him but has proved resiliant while pushing out damage. I had to pot once in the fight and used Blade Barrier twice to recoup health, even with all of my defensive procs going. I also had to kite out twice during the fight to give my regen some time to work before bailing back in. I killed the Animator faster but it was a much riskier fight.

Otherwise the fight just seems like a buffed up Cronely and I have no idea what the balls circling around the Animator do quite yet. Feels like it could use a different mechanic beside the crystals or a modification to the crystal spawning to give it a slightly different flavor.

Lifesteal will be addressed as soon as I convince Ceno.

The orbs do 10% of your health as damage, + aether and fire damage. The inner most orb does 20% of your health as damage. I should probably up both 5%. I should probably also make the inner orb look visually different to reflect it does more damage… or maybe be lazy and make them all do the same damage. hmm.

I have an idea to make the reanimator cast more orbs, but that instead act like Targo’s hammer and spiral out when he’s hit. I also may need to consider making his orbs lower your resists just to really screw you.

I may give the reanimator a cronley like shield as well.

You have the wrong idea though, I plan on completely removing the crystals from cronley, or instead make Cronley simply summon crystals that buff him.

I want Cronley to be more Loxmere like. At the very least I don’t think he should be summoning units like the reanimator does, though maybe Aether Wisps would be okay.

So I am transitioning the reanimator to be a bit more Cronley like and I will revamp Cronley a good deal more I’d imagine. Also considering moving Money Bags Martin to be with Cronley >:D.

Heroes will be getting 2.4 - 3.0 times more health in next hotfix as a prelude to individually buffing their stats, skills, and skill frequency.

Should do something with theme, like give him a couple generals to help him fight, but along the whole bandit king idea. Maybe one demolitionist, and one occultist? Something that won’t get in the way, but will harry you enough to make it feel like a boss fight. I always found his to be the most disappointing because it feels like just a weaker form of the Warden. Say, is the first and second forms of the Warden two different entities? If so, maybe give Cronley that second form too? I think he already uses his sound-set. But make Cronley’s first form dual ranged demo, then the second a melee tank. It’d feel more like a boss transformation and you’d have to change your strategy a bit when you’re fighting him. Goes from Bandit-King to Aether Abomination. Wish players could be knocked down though… At first-stage death an aether nova with knockback would be pretty cool - if only visually.

Damn, finally heroes will be, you know, real heroes, not just a trash mob with a little more health :cool: