Crate! We Want Third Expansion!

And where is the roguelike dungeon for FG???

I expect more, You cant greenlight a game showing this massive world map and story about a vast war then process to leave it over half the map empty. On that note, I really wish they would have “fused” FG’s map into the base world map.

I don’t like the idea of " Hey next time we will just this huge map box to cover 1/8 of the normal map " makes me feel like its lazy.

The game has the story, The lore, the Items and I am sure crate can come up with new stuff, its what they do, Develope. What they have done so far with this " Old Engine " is really awesome.

I remember reading a while back about a DEV saying something along the lines of " It get boring when you keep working on the same project etc " Really? Sounds like luxury to me, I hate going to my job every day for years for 15 years but that’s how it works, Job security.

They keep making. ill keep supporting,

the KS did not show any map

On that note, I really wish they would have “fused” FG’s map into the base world map.
yeah, but where on that map do you have desert and volcanoes…

Yea they didn’t put it on the main map because, as a lore note or NPC (maybe The Emissary) mentions, IIRC it’s supposed to be “week and weeks of travel” etiher east or west of the rest of the map.
Edit: Yea, it’s the Emissary: “Far to the east, beyond mountains and rivers. Weeks of travel by foot, a mere instant through an eldritch gate.”

I would prefer GD2 for new skills animation engine but new stuff for GD1 is always nice too

I don’t think another expansion for Grm Dawn would be a good idea. The game already has a lot of content, I think all it needs is ome polish, in terms of balance and perhaps visual effects (you know what I’m talking about).

Adding another class would be a nightmare, the current masteries already exhaust all sensible archetypes for a game in GD’s setting.

I hope that the good people at Crate will make a lot of money on Forgotten Gods, then take a well deserved rest from arpgs, and then start making Grim Dawn 2, with better graphics, more accurate visual effects (you know what I’m talking about), new content and new mechanics.

In the meantime, I hope modders will make a lot of additional content for Grim Dawn. Because I’m pretty sure that Grim Dawn 2, if they decide to make it, will be released at least 5 years from now, more likely 7.

any news about fg sales and the upcoming 3rd expac?:D:p

I wouldn’t mind some small DLC packs that add more gear and perhaps a dungeon or two (more SoT, BoC, etc).

More transmogs, more conversion, more item modifiers, please :slight_smile:

Realistically, they have to stop working on GD at some point in order to be able to make anything else, and that’s okay. I love Grim Dawn, I’ve spent hundreds of hours in this game and I recommend it to every friend I know who likes ARPGs. A switch of focus to a true Sequel to the game would be completely understandable at this point in the game’s life cycle.

Most of Crate are already working on this already, it’s just a few members keeping this side going.

I vote for a GD2 and no more expansions and agree a 3rd would be too bloated and restricted with the level cap and devotion cap, which cannot be raised without destroying the build choice we now have. Add too many more points and there’s far less diversity in builds.

Why people are freaking about about grim dawn 2. Total morrons. In no way GD2 will have as much content as gd… Not even half.

How about an advice - find any random early access game with no content, that should fill up a belly with your grim dawn2 experience.

The best is another expansion. You dont see hearthstone 2 released do you? Cost content rocks.

You still see path of exile. They wont be making poe 2 dream on luls. They wont kill their content and recreating all content on new engine will be too much time consuming.

I wouldnt mind buying new expansion if only it exists.

Are Hearthstone and PoE supposed to be successful models to be learned from?

New game actually allows for major changes unlike an expansion. So yes, a sequel is much better at this point than an expansion. An expansion can change nothing really, all it will add it’s just more of the same. There can be no major changes that truly the change the series in an expansion now.

We are “total morons” for no wanting this game to become bloated, because a third expansion would bloat this game. People were already complaining that the game was too long with just AoM, it’s now even longer with FG. And a third expansion would just make the game too long.

You are comparing PoE and Hearthstone with a single player game. Single player game get way more sequels than online only games, so your comparison is really flawed and doesn’t make much sense. It’s really rare for online only games to get sequels, so i don’t even know why you are using those games as examples.

And of course a sequel will have less content than GD at this point, it’s a sequel. It doesn’t have three years of updates and two expansions, but you are forgetting the sequel will have as much support. So your argument really makes no sense.

Even though I would pay up for anything related to Grim Dawn, I would like nothing more than seeing a Grim Dawn 2 kickstarter with a snazzy “new engine” and new take on character building (whatever the clever heads at Crate will be able to come up with).

There really aren’t any worthwhile contenders in the ARPG genre IMO. They’ve got a terrific opportunity as far as I can tell.

I would love a new expansion as well, preferably snow themed. I will shell out money for anything related to Grim Dawn. But I realize the game is pretty well saturated now and has a lot to offer. I would not be upset if they consider it “done”.

P.S. If they do make a GD2, I wouldn’t hate it if it was slightly less depressing in theme and visuals :stuck_out_tongue:

that final boss in secret quest is a major hint that no more big xpac sigh! :eek:

I still feel a 3rd expansion is warranted. I have read of a place called Old Grove down south. A broken bridge that awaits hammers and nails:D

Grim Dawn: Bridge Down South:)

This area did “sort of” exist (though was never explorable by players), back in pre-beginning of GD but, it’s been removed for many different reasons, so I’d be extremely surprised if that bridge by DC ever gets repaired.

so whats stopping its grand opening? Awkward south placement? maybe not expac worthy place but definitely rogue theme worthy.

I have an idea to make it worth the while to open the bridge:
I can suggest the eldritch theme be implement here where one of the mutators removes our ability to rotate the camera so that players have limited view of enemies down south :stuck_out_tongue:

Forgotten Gods shows how much love people have for Grim Dawn. Third Expansions is a good reason for crate’s wallets. :wink:

Iirc that’s just one of the reasons, you’d have to ask the Minister of info for the rest of the reasons. :smiley: