Crucible and Build Diversity

Dude this is an solo-oriented offline ARPG (hence like majority of us play and support the game so vigorously) - the challenge is the number crunching and the min maxing to withstand every possible combo which the most challenging game content can throw at you - as-is Crucible.

Yes i fully agree Crucible is boring and funneling everyone the same defensive route - however its OUR choice how to play the game. Nobody is forcing you or me to do anything.

Who cares if “people” are ignoring X build on some damn forum - seriously first world problems here - if you have a build you want to play - just play it. Its really pointless discussion especially since Campaign is still a joke in terms of difficulty and time/reward ratio vs Crucible and there is no indication this will change.

That’s what we do, making builds so strong that we can even laugh at 2x Tough Iron Maiden of Cruelty. I hate Crucible as much as the next guy as a solution for endgame farming but I have to admin it’s the best benchmark we have at the moment.
Even when I’ve got almost every unique items in the game I still keep doing Crucible runs, lowering clear time for one more minute, polishing my builds even further .etc

Why in the fuck you keep bringing this up? I’m not even talking about this. I’m talking about posting creative builds, something the Crucible shits on. I wouldn’t have known half of the stuff i know today if people didn’t posted a bunch of creative builds. Something the Crucible hates because it’s so restrictive and extremely build limiting.

For me challenge isn’t luck based, it’s a well balanced, finely tuned challenge. Something the Crucible clearly isn’t. Having your experience so radically different depending on luck is not challenge.

You know that exotic builds will always lag behind orthodox, well-supported builds no matter what kind of challenger it is right?
At the current Crucible-based meta the different is between doable and undoable, but even when a perfect benchmark does exist it will be something like “Can do it in X minutes” vs “Can do it in Y minutes”. Most people will go crazy for the Y minutes builds like they did the Gladiator viable builds atm, while creative build makers will keep making creative stuff. People love shiny numbers, that’s it.

AS much as I like doing an off-beat build, if you are into doing the ultimate challenge the game provides then Crucible does take some creativity on the builders behalf to make it viable or even 100% full proof. not always that easy.

As for the player deciding on an off-beat build then it’s also the player that decides what it strives to be good at. Is it vanilla content only? Vanilla+Nemeses? Crucible even maybe (hard map easy map?). so it starts from the player, NOT crucible’s fault.

So blaming crucible or implying that Crucible hinders creativity, or that crucible builds are all uncreative, is a really odd thing to say. You either take up a challenge( all said above) or not and apply your build to it as best you can.

Same goes for HC naked challenge, no mastery challenge or whatever else a player can imagine.

Min-maxing is indeed a form of creativity but if you go really off beaten then I don’t think crucible is on the cards anymore in most cases.
My point (from my previous post) is crucible builds were posted even in vanilla but lately anything non-crucible is frowned upon a lot. I don’t know if you should point fingers at the community or crucible.
I have also interacted with people who express uncertainty regarding whether they should post their build or not because it isn’t a reliable crucible farmer even when their core build concept very creative. I don’t think people should feel discouraged to post build because of this. I don’t think it penalizes any of the old faces by that much but new faces might feel discouraged if the forum continues to maintain this attitude. This is obviously just my opinion formulated through ancedotes.

Yeah, yeah I said I won’t chip into the discussion. I’m just here to deliver a message that I’ve requested for a “Purge”
:stuck_out_tongue:
Hopefully all of this does get moved to some other thread

Meanwhile the bot is back it posting Top Tier builds. Just look at it go :slight_smile:

EDIT:

Naked HC? Really, that’s some serious level of masochism :eek:

Thread is derailed again, good job guys

Pointing fingers cause something is not for crucible is a a problem and it’s up to the player again to think before pointing fingers.

Take DW bleed trickster. No change in new Cruci due to stacking nature of it unlike BA 2h builds and low life steal. That is a vanilla super dot build through and through unless you wanna spam vines and run around cruci.

One should just post a build and not give a shit.

jumping on the train

90 % of the time, I don´t give a shit. My Bleeding Trickster build is for me and for those who might enjoy it. It´s nice, that some people even think about playing it…one reason, I posted it.

But:
10 % of the time I think/thought: “Why posting it? Nobody will be interested in it because I can´t show them, that it will beat Crucible Gladiator…and who will try it for me? Or even think about trying?”

Hell, I even have thought about how Gladiator might be achieved with this build, though I will never spend time in Crucible. But, and that is my impression, at the moment a build has to beat Gladiator to be interesting here in the forum. All other builds get a side-look and perhaps a nod…not more.

20 Cents.

This discussion is so goooood!

As an author, I personally only welcome all this. More boiling, more juice!
Keep it up guys!

If Crusible wasnt as revarding as it is right now i wouldnt even bother with it. Unfortunately crusy-farming is the only way to get legit loot in reasonagle amount of time. My best build can clear the damn place under 20 minute 100-150 then restart 130-150 under 12 minutes. What i can get in main campagn in such timeframe? One legendary and a bunch of corruptors masks in “engame” dungeon?

Cross-Quoting:

And because of this arrogant attitude I´m out of this shit.

Let Zhuugus get his E-Fame and be proud of it.

Thanks for proving Norzan’s words letter to letter, Zhuugus. Amazing achievement.

If you are looking for a reason why Crucible sucks - look no further then above.

And I would still play it all the time, it is the only thing that provides challenge.

So sad.

It’s always nice to hear different opinions :slight_smile:

This is the only reason why anyone should ever take their time to post a build.

In spite of posting a few of them over time, I HATE the posting part. The playing part is for me, but taking the time to post it means that i’m excited enough about it to do so. The rest is noise

Done. Let me know if I missed any posts in the original thread, or if anything needs to return there.

Yeah, but it makes the thread hard to follow. :wink:

Checked it. Didn’t notice anything besides the one I reported

Sorry if I might have missed a spot :stuck_out_tongue:

Impressive clean up, didn’t expect it tbh :smiley:

and this part is just plain wrong IMHO. Why should we have to grind something like the crucible as the only reasonable way to get loot? Up the drop rates (or maybe more accurately give us more variance in what drops) in the normal game. As I mentioned in another thread: I find the crucible physically painful to play due to RSI issues with that kind of gameplay.

Sadly, in loot oriented games this is the norm. You need to create new content that is more rewarding in order to get players to play it. Without the better loot incentive, the Crucible sales would probably be non-existent.

Though the game’s business model makes it so Crate doesn’t really have to care anyway, once you buy the game they have your cash so whether you play it or not is of no consequence.

I had no problem buying the crucible to support Crate. I just don’t like playing it.