Crucible in V1.1.4.1 Discussion

Yeah, I’d love to see Gargabol in there. He’s one of my favourite boss fights.
Maybe just replace Theodin with him so everybody stops complaining about Korvaak being too strong? :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you talking about those weird circles around e.g. the centre of the C. of the Dead he (and sometimes Kuba too?) runs/ran in after 1.1.4.0? Or was that corrected in the Hotfix (haven’t been able to play as much cruci since then)?

I also agree on Father Kymon’s jump attack being a little too strong. I haven’t really tried if it can be dodged reliably with a little practice like Aleks’s meteor though; because I would probably be fine with it in that case…

I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing. When playing with Revenant, Reaper sometimes runs off to attack your skeletons which is normal. They’re targettable pets after all. But sometimes he makes a full circle around Crucible along the edges of the stage as if there was a skeleton standing next to each spawn zone.

Yes, two different things, both are hilarious. Reaper just makes lap of honor before attacks you, kinda pump fake :rofl:

Cinder is probably talking about CoD, when you stand between the banner and the pillar center stage and that confuses Nemesis like Reaper and Kuba.

I’m not sure whether this is something that was changed in 1.1.4.0 or already addressed, but the new (?) Mad Queen gave my casters a lot of trouble, far more than any individual nemesis. Even with MoE and Nullification lined up, I ended up being bursted from mid-range quite a few times.

The issue of some hitherto absent enemies being too hard or spoiling Crucible speedruns could be addressed by adding them as Extra Spawn, which hasn’t seen much of an update in FG, as far as I can tell.

In general, since Extra Spawn is seldom used in speedruns or when farming, we could significantly bolster its difficulty level.

Ten new waves sound like a lot of work, but I wouldn’t mind a single bonus wave (with no extra loot) where a non-nerfed Lokarr comes along with a few more enemies. It’d certainly be more fitting than facing him in the campaign.

I don’t know but I think it wouldn’t require any new creative work. Just new mobs on old templates. It would take selecting the right mobs which isn’t easy but I’m sure community would be more than happy to pitch in with ideas.

Based on the discussion here, we’ll be making the following adjustments to the Crucible and Shattered Realm:

[Crucible]

• Updated spawn distribution for several waves above 151+
  • Updated monster Threat generation to hopefully reduce behavior of remaining within spawn areas.
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Fabius’ Veil of Shadows in the Crucible
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Kaisan’s’ Eldritch Bolt in the Crucible
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Valdaran’s Lightning Bolt in the Crucible
  • Fixed an issue where Korvaak would become invulnerable in the air without casting anything, in the Crucible. He will no longer perform this animation at all.
  • Aetherial Ascended and Korvaak’s Chosen now have reduced Elemental Resist scaling with level in the Crucible.

[Shattered Realm]

• Mazaan now warns players using Celestial Waystones that they are entering incredibly challenging Shards not for the faint of heart. Players that proceed beyond Shard 60+ should be doing so knowing that they will be met with encounters that will test their limits, eventually reaching the point of unfairness.
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Fabius’ Veil of Shadows in the Shattered Realm
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Grava’Thul’s Aura of Oppression in the Shattered Realm (this is already the case in the Crucible)
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Kaisan’s’ Eldritch Bolt in the Shattered Realm
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Valdaran’s Lightning Bolt in the Shattered Realm

There is no way we are adding more Crucible waves. Last time we did so, they were supposed to be a challenge, and the community complained about the difficulty until it became just another farming run. Shattered Realm remains as a supreme challenge.

9 Likes

Ooh you guys just got patchnotes, don’t ruin it now

Could be a mod made for it but to what purpose? In the current forum climate it would either do more harm than good, or just sit unused.

Thanks @Zantai :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Zantai , these changes will help significantly! Especially with reducing sudden deaths, when you can’t react :slight_smile:

Can you pls reduce the effectiveness of Grava’s fumble in SR? It makes fighting him lke russian roulette - whether you are lucky enough to hit him through all misses (while Grava himself has very powerful melee damage)
Edit: or at least make his fumble pools static

It’s because they have good chance to get clad in rare gear with resistance bonuses. I agree, it’s really distressing. Especially when i cant deal any damage to a “hero” despite having -110 resist reduction!

Also, i feel like Zantarin doesnt justify his “nemesis” status anymore, with all other nemesises buffed. Now, Zantarin feels like a fat trash mob, who poses zero danger.

I’d say more - due to nasty fumble/impaired aim, i play only casters now. Because they are immune to that imbalanced shit!
Really, casters have an unfair advantage due to that fact.

Yep, I have three main builds now. 2 of them are casters :smile:

I felt like that part of his power was brutal but fair. It makes sense for a huge demon like that make feel everybody small and weaker then they usually are around him.
However his Nullification ability feels like a twist in a B-movie when a simple beast suddenly starts shooting rockets out of his arms.

2 Likes

Zantarin is still dangerous tho, but it only takes a brain (and eyes) to nullify that danger. Zantarin is just a symbol of Zantai’s goodwill to us players. The guy is named after him. And he’s the cat among the lions of grava, Kaisan, reaper. Zantarin gives us hope that once we defeat him, it’s the first step towards defeating the other nemeses

What the hell am I talking about here. Zantarin is crap. Still, I don’t think he should be changed.

Zantarin can still shotgun one shot you if you’re not careful. And also you can’t leech from him and summon number of skellies. Zantarin is still the weakest Nemesis, but still have defining mechanic.

BTW you said Zantarin is named after Zantai, Grava obviously is :grava: , but are any other enemies named after people?

LMAO, you almost made your self believe with that b/s rant

IIRC, when a nemesis is made, one of the devs choose the name for it. Zantai’s named the deaths vigil nemesis after himself, grava did the same for his assigned guy. The others just didn’t follow suit. Tho I think kuba and alex have names resembling the ones who named them. I can’t memorize the crate roster tho.

Kupa sounds like a bastardization of “El Chupacabras”, the mythical creature.

Ok :pensive: Just that there are so many bosses that don’t feature in the final waves…

BTW, the community will make everything a farming run. A guy just got to SR 85 on a binder with 1.6 armor and 2.8 da, killed celestials with no pots, etc. Another guy used a bag of tricks to keep Pyran performing in under 5 minutes. In the long run, you cannot possibly prevent some gamers from achieving unintended results. You think Sekiro (one of the best action games in the history imo) was intended to be cleared in 22 minutes?

Another BTW, SR is indeed a supreme challenge but only to a build’s defenses. Since results cannot he benchmarked, DPS is irreverent as anything more than just QoL. For players who prefer the offensive side of things - as well as a more accurate approach to gauging builds’ performance - crucible is still number one. So it would be really nice if 10 waves were added that would provide even more challenge to those aspects of the game.

But I get it! No means no! :slightly_smiling_face: