Crucible in V1.1.4.1 Discussion

My opinion and thoughts is mostly the same as you, ya.

Wider enemies range will be interesting, especially gargabol. No slathsar though, that will be a nightmare for melee and ranger

Yeah, Iā€™d love to see Gargabol in there. Heā€™s one of my favourite boss fights.
Maybe just replace Theodin with him so everybody stops complaining about Korvaak being too strong? :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you talking about those weird circles around e.g. the centre of the C. of the Dead he (and sometimes Kuba too?) runs/ran in after 1.1.4.0? Or was that corrected in the Hotfix (havenā€™t been able to play as much cruci since then)?

I also agree on Father Kymonā€™s jump attack being a little too strong. I havenā€™t really tried if it can be dodged reliably with a little practice like Aleksā€™s meteor though; because I would probably be fine with it in that caseā€¦

I donā€™t think weā€™re talking about the same thing. When playing with Revenant, Reaper sometimes runs off to attack your skeletons which is normal. Theyā€™re targettable pets after all. But sometimes he makes a full circle around Crucible along the edges of the stage as if there was a skeleton standing next to each spawn zone.

Yes, two different things, both are hilarious. Reaper just makes lap of honor before attacks you, kinda pump fake :rofl:

Cinder is probably talking about CoD, when you stand between the banner and the pillar center stage and that confuses Nemesis like Reaper and Kuba.

Iā€™m not sure whether this is something that was changed in 1.1.4.0 or already addressed, but the new (?) Mad Queen gave my casters a lot of trouble, far more than any individual nemesis. Even with MoE and Nullification lined up, I ended up being bursted from mid-range quite a few times.

The issue of some hitherto absent enemies being too hard or spoiling Crucible speedruns could be addressed by adding them as Extra Spawn, which hasnā€™t seen much of an update in FG, as far as I can tell.

In general, since Extra Spawn is seldom used in speedruns or when farming, we could significantly bolster its difficulty level.

Ten new waves sound like a lot of work, but I wouldnā€™t mind a single bonus wave (with no extra loot) where a non-nerfed Lokarr comes along with a few more enemies. Itā€™d certainly be more fitting than facing him in the campaign.

I donā€™t know but I think it wouldnā€™t require any new creative work. Just new mobs on old templates. It would take selecting the right mobs which isnā€™t easy but Iā€™m sure community would be more than happy to pitch in with ideas.

Based on the discussion here, weā€™ll be making the following adjustments to the Crucible and Shattered Realm:

[Crucible]

• Updated spawn distribution for several waves above 151+
  • Updated monster Threat generation to hopefully reduce behavior of remaining within spawn areas.
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Fabiusā€™ Veil of Shadows in the Crucible
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Kaisanā€™sā€™ Eldritch Bolt in the Crucible
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Valdaranā€™s Lightning Bolt in the Crucible
  • Fixed an issue where Korvaak would become invulnerable in the air without casting anything, in the Crucible. He will no longer perform this animation at all.
  • Aetherial Ascended and Korvaakā€™s Chosen now have reduced Elemental Resist scaling with level in the Crucible.

[Shattered Realm]

• Mazaan now warns players using Celestial Waystones that they are entering incredibly challenging Shards not for the faint of heart. Players that proceed beyond Shard 60+ should be doing so knowing that they will be met with encounters that will test their limits, eventually reaching the point of unfairness.
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Fabiusā€™ Veil of Shadows in the Shattered Realm
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Gravaā€™Thulā€™s Aura of Oppression in the Shattered Realm (this is already the case in the Crucible)
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Kaisanā€™sā€™ Eldritch Bolt in the Shattered Realm
  • Reduced the effectiveness of Valdaranā€™s Lightning Bolt in the Shattered Realm

There is no way we are adding more Crucible waves. Last time we did so, they were supposed to be a challenge, and the community complained about the difficulty until it became just another farming run. Shattered Realm remains as a supreme challenge.

9 Likes

Ooh you guys just got patchnotes, donā€™t ruin it now

Could be a mod made for it but to what purpose? In the current forum climate it would either do more harm than good, or just sit unused.

Thanks @Zantai :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Zantai , these changes will help significantly! Especially with reducing sudden deaths, when you canā€™t react :slight_smile:

Can you pls reduce the effectiveness of Gravaā€™s fumble in SR? It makes fighting him lke russian roulette - whether you are lucky enough to hit him through all misses (while Grava himself has very powerful melee damage)
Edit: or at least make his fumble pools static

Itā€™s because they have good chance to get clad in rare gear with resistance bonuses. I agree, itā€™s really distressing. Especially when i cant deal any damage to a ā€œheroā€ despite having -110 resist reduction!

Also, i feel like Zantarin doesnt justify his ā€œnemesisā€ status anymore, with all other nemesises buffed. Now, Zantarin feels like a fat trash mob, who poses zero danger.

Iā€™d say more - due to nasty fumble/impaired aim, i play only casters now. Because they are immune to that imbalanced shit!
Really, casters have an unfair advantage due to that fact.

Yep, I have three main builds now. 2 of them are casters :smile:

I felt like that part of his power was brutal but fair. It makes sense for a huge demon like that make feel everybody small and weaker then they usually are around him.
However his Nullification ability feels like a twist in a B-movie when a simple beast suddenly starts shooting rockets out of his arms.

2 Likes

Zantarin is still dangerous tho, but it only takes a brain (and eyes) to nullify that danger. Zantarin is just a symbol of Zantaiā€™s goodwill to us players. The guy is named after him. And heā€™s the cat among the lions of grava, Kaisan, reaper. Zantarin gives us hope that once we defeat him, itā€™s the first step towards defeating the other nemeses

What the hell am I talking about here. Zantarin is crap. Still, I donā€™t think he should be changed.

Zantarin can still shotgun one shot you if youā€™re not careful. And also you canā€™t leech from him and summon number of skellies. Zantarin is still the weakest Nemesis, but still have defining mechanic.

BTW you said Zantarin is named after Zantai, Grava obviously is :grava: , but are any other enemies named after people?

LMAO, you almost made your self believe with that b/s rant

IIRC, when a nemesis is made, one of the devs choose the name for it. Zantaiā€™s named the deaths vigil nemesis after himself, grava did the same for his assigned guy. The others just didnā€™t follow suit. Tho I think kuba and alex have names resembling the ones who named them. I canā€™t memorize the crate roster tho.

Kupa sounds like a bastardization of ā€œEl Chupacabrasā€, the mythical creature.