Crucible in V1.1.4.1 Discussion

I haven’t seen a clarification yet on how affixes work for humanoid enemies in crucible. Aetherial arcanists rain greens in campaign and there’s plenty of elemental / single element affixes. If it’s no different from campaign you’ve got all these items and only need to see 1-2 magic affixes to negate all the RR your build can put out

You know what Crucible needs? Ancient Grove enemies. Get Big Fire Tree and Fumble Giant Snake in there. :scorv:

Imgur

2 Likes

Speeding up Korvaak’s transition animation is tricky because it has a lot of fx and sounds that are carefully aligned. Speeding up the animation would throw all of that off.

Hm, what about his summoning animation?
Can we speed up it?

1 Like

Make Korvaak spawn in his last phase, buff health to compensate? That’s my suggestion.

2 Likes

If he’s a unique threat you have to play around - that’s fine. Losing a few seconds waiting to kill him isn’t against my religion :rofl:

AS I SAID EARLIER…

1. Grava’s Fumble. It’s enormous, a huge pain in the ass for any melee, especially 2H.
    But not only that. CDR mod makes him insane, he literally starts to use his disrupt skills with almost every single blow, like here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tuSnd6iuBM&feature=youtu.be&t=357

2. Queen Triggering her aura every 1-2 seconds in SR. Almost any character can get an easy oneshot, coming up to her every time.

3. Insane Fabius DA shred, while partially nerfed, can stack with other similar effects, like Father Kymon’s jump. Or Maiden’s 500 Armor shred, which, with recent nerfs to armor and other debuffs makes character a literal paper.

4. Father Kymon can oneshot with his jump - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pun0FdBMYls&feature=youtu.be&t=270

5. Kaisan’s crystals critting you across the entire arena.

1 Like

Good suggestion but when should wave 169 end then? When he is at 50% hp? Is that possible to implement? Because if you end wave 169 when Anatasteria, fatsoes/dravis/krieg die Korvaak can be abused and left alone altogether.

That was a two shot. I don’t really know where it came from, but there’s a meteor that hits the player first. Watch in 0.25x speed.

Lol, interesting.
Still, the damage of that jump is pretty insane. Kymon himself doesn’t do much, his jump is super deadly, though.

Can we have similar thread for Shattered Realm, @Zantai ?

I feel like Valdaran does too much damage by himself, considering how dangerous his kit is with other Nemeses. Him teleporting on top of you to shotgun is a fine mechanic, but my problem is with teleporting the player. When he does it, he can completely circumvent your attempt to kite/reposition, and bring you right into the eye of the storm. This is especially deadly with Kaisan’s and Benn’s crystals, or Grava’s balls. Your chances of avoiding those spells go from slim to none when Benn traps your right after.

So, what puts it over the top in my experience, is Valdaran bolting you and then jumping you for considerable damage in this combo.

Otherwise, I’d say I’m pretty happy with the state of Crucible.

1 Like

We’re discussing cruci :stuck_out_tongue:

Korvaak has a phase 3 attack that interacts with the thrones, but those are obviously not present in the Crucible.

In the Shattered Realm, he correctly does not attempt to cast this ability, but in the Crucible he still does. The result is that he’s up in the air invulnerable…while nothing actually happens.

We’ll hotfix that behavior so he no longer attempts to cast this ability in the Crucible.

2 Likes

As I said earlier, apart from Fabius, none of those have changed in 1.1.4.0.

We’ll be rolling back Fabius’ aura in the Crucible.

All of those stuff he was talking about, even the vids are for SR. Irrelevant for this discussion.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this thread.

I don’t think enemies need a serious re-balance. In the past, I only criticized the 1.1.4.0 nemesis buffs in the context of all the nerfs to crucible builds and speedrunning meta. Actually, I think Crucible should provide a solid challenge to a build’s defenses. I’m actually supportive of the idea of keeping Fabius as is and maybe even buffing other nemeses (but not further strengthening their stackable debuffs).

Aetherial/human’s elemental dmg mitigation is a pain sometimes. But I never experienced in to any very serious extent. Heal-on-death basilisks and a few other mobs are also a pain. But I would not change much in this aspect.

What I would like to point out, however, is the 3 Crucible Bugs: 1) the aggro bug, 2) the pathing bug and 3) the Ugdenbog plants bug (I’m using the bug word liberally here, no offense to the programmers)

Aggro bug. Sometimes, enemies don’t aggro despite the char being more than close enough. Or they aggro, wait for others to leave the spawn zone and then forget about aggro. Or like mad_lee described, just stand there staring into the void, as if marveling at all the nerfs to all the builds that have been killing them for years.

Pathing is a new thing that followed the Revenant buff. Reaper’s laps are quite awkward. But I don’t think it can be easily fixable, and it’s not a pressing issue for me.

Ugden plants blocking out the exit to the spawn zones is self explanatory. This is (I imagine) not so hard to fix. Just tag the spawn areas and 3-4 meters around them as areas where those plants cannot spawn, like walls. Is this doable?

Also, I fully support the idea of rebalancing waves and adding a wider range of enemies. Maybe even, crazy thought, adding 10 new waves. With 180 featuring a celestial.

2 Likes

You already have Celestial fighting at wave 169 :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what enemies are left to be added. Maybe we will get new dungeon in 1.1.5.0 in Crucible in some later/last patch?

About new waves, it’s interested, but it’s probably not going to happen. Plus in order to play Crucible, you don’t need FG. It will be strange to fight let’s say Calla at wave 180, but you don’t have her in the game. I think that’s major reason why Ancient Grove isn’t present in Cruci.