DA Stacking and the Crucible

I`d like to see your mirror-chaining skills with no-buffs no banners 150+ crusy, lol.
83% all res with 50% overcap and 4K armor and 30K hp do not equal facetanking . I have a build with 35K HP and sick healing and I still need to run all the time on 160 and 170 waves. On the other hand 5K+ DA turn anyone intro a demigod.

Umm, it’s actually doable. I lost my multi but focusing entirely on nukes (CT/Devastation) you can pull it off.

Of course I didn’t facetank outside 3 seconds Mirror but it’s not impossible to do. Btw I did it on Crucible of Sands, I am fairly certain I’d have died on Dead or Void

What is it with comparing DA and Mirror now?

OmG mirror “haters” spotted:rolleyes:

So in your opinion, just because the build has to take crucible buffs in order to become immortal, then it’s ok and nothing is broken?
I’ve yet to see a build surviving on DA alone and finishing 150-170 in 11 min.

Don’t get me wrong, it is a sweet build (congrats to this guy for the idea), but this looks much more imbalanced than your average DA build that finishes in 15-17 min.

Wouldn’t the changes to the Blessings and the nerf to nemesis affect all classes as well? So we’re changing one mechanic for another in order to achieve the same thing?
Personally i never liked the DA approach, but it makes more builds viable and that’s the only thing i care about.

Haters? I’m sorry i’m not familiar with that term :stuck_out_tongue:

So in your opinion, just because the build has to take crucible buffs in order to become immortal, then it’s ok and nothing is broken?
I’ve yet to see a build surviving on DA alone and finishing 150-170 in 11 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-m5zW6f5EM
Don’t get me wrong, it is a sweet build (congrats to this guy for the idea), but this looks much more imbalanced than your average DA build that finishes in 15-17 min

This particular build is possible due to huge ADCTH combined with high dmg output and Life leech resistance reduction from Haunt to stay alive. On top of mirror chaining and instahealing from ADCTH it also require blessings and pots to work. And Spere+decay+84% all resistances. AND He almost died at https://youtu.be/o-m5zW6f5EM?t=450 7:32, lol. Remove life leech resistance reduction from Haunt and he wouldn’t make it.
This is my own CDR build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbtIwA-SLBI , Zuugus couldn`t even finish 170 with it. :smiley:

So it requires items from the game to work. Let’s be honest, it survives on chaining mirror and mark, everything else is irrelevant.
Listen man, i know what you’re trying to say. Most builds need a lot of theorycrafting and choosing the right skills, items and devotions to work, whereas stacking DA is a no-brainer. I understand that and i’m not against balancing. I just hope the devs can do this and still find a way to give a little push to those classes that need it.

:smiley:

Crucible 150+ enemy damage is too high

Shame on me :smiley:
Seriously, I could, but I died a lot and suffered.

With spellbinder mate?:smiley:

Exactly!
You’re saying this like even a pigeon can be immortal with MoE and MoT.
Either you chain MoE and MoT perfectly, using TD right when needed or you just die from 2-3 hits (from nemesis) and nothing will save you.
Ptirodaktill has a lot of skill if he doesn’t die with this, especially on HC. I would never recommend this over, let’s say, a sorcerer for example. Burn sorcerer is 10 times easier to play: blast shield is better than MoT and most important SB is not a DoT caster, he has to stop to cast his spells, so he receives hits on waves 160/170 and dies. Maybe I’ll build a SB with 4k DA one day and see how that one will do.

The reaper I posted has only 2x MoT. Now that is where you are dead if you mess up:p

Spellbinders are super spoiled imo. That is not to say ptiro is not brave for doing any sort of HC at 170

He is, the dude lost a character (Evoker of Elgoloth Vindicator I think) that he posted to the forums playing HC. I’d quit if it happened to me

Miss me with that perma-death shit:)

I did some HC in TL2. GRanted, the worst game to do that cause Elite was over tuned unless you had 10X limoany skulls for 75% dmg res. MAssive bursts of dmg. Like 100K

I lost a couple of chars and felt nauseous:eek:

I did it on Diablo II. Got three characters to Guardian status. I got addicted and wanted a fourth one but quit when it died to Lister. Ironically the character that died was a Hammerdin which was the exact replica of my first HC character. How it died was that I got overconfident and tried to tank Lister and his buddies right next Baal’s curses.

[spoiler] I played Torch 2 mostly on vet, cause elite was about grinding Grell eyes for 12-14hours on every character >> Such a waste of time >>

I miss old PoE days so much :tears: when you could die any second with any build :D[/spoiler]

While D2 was way more balanced than TL2 ultimate Ancients with really bad rolls on stats/auras and Lister were dangerous for melee indeed

I felt that TL2 is literally INTENDED to be played with 75% dmg res. Limoany skulls arent mandatory, though - i did it perfectly fine with 17x “Eye of Grell”, that can be farmed from certain boss (though it’s still insanely boring, takes 100+ runs to get them). And when i added 75% change to dodge and 75% change to block, as well as lifesteal that heals for full HP with 1-2 hits, my character (Berserker) started to feel near-immortal even on elite.
Still, it’s quite poorly implemented game. You cant respec your skills and stats without cheats. And among 4 available stats, 3 grant bonuses, that have hardcap, so investing into them after that cap is reached - isnt worth your efforts. On gear, only HP pool, lifesteal (which can be gained as set bonus) and bonuses to stats do matter. All other mods are useless, and armour bonuses are useless too. Quite pathetic itemization, actually. I played Softcore with build, that goes as defensive with its gear, as game only allows - because insane DPS comes naturally anyway.
Also, game goes crazy when it cames to maintaining buffs. My character had 3 buffs, that have cooldowns lower, than duration (so in theory, they’re meant to be permanent). Yet, they have cast time, and one of them has duration of 10 seconds (and cd 8 sec). Why game forces me to recast that buff every 8-10 seconds, if it’s meant to permanent? Why dont give it 2-3 min duration, even with slightly weaker effect? Or, if it isnt meant to be permanent, then let it have something like 20-30 sec cd for 10 se duration.
In GD, buffs, that are meant to be permanent, are either literally permanent (toggle-able skills), or dont have any cast time, so you can recast them with mere turn of mouse wheel, without disrupting the flow of combat. GD respects its players, unlike “ARPG” like TL2.

FWIW, I don’t think TL2 was trying to scratch the same itch that GD does even though they are similar types and styles of game. TL2 is like Baby’s First ARPG and it got my wife into ARPGs so there’s that. :smiley:

I quit playing DII LoD HC after my lvl 98 and 3/4 ele druid died to a lag spike/dc. The rage was real :mad:

Although I still actively play MedianXL to scratch that d2 itch from time to time

Well on softcore I got into the min max area of TL2. DW Ravager Berseker that could do lvl 200+mobs/bosses on the custom Tartarus map. Endless dungeon with increased spawn number and lots of purple and orange posses per floor:D

So you needed every slot used to the best. So basically Limoany/Riechliu on armor/jewellery, Vastok(off hand), Vellinque main hand and Ravage away:rolleyes:

Otherwise campaign got boring fast.