[DAIL] Input, Mastery Condition

IMHO…

TLDR: stick to the mastery dbr files for the effects each class gets from 1-100 by leveling up the mastery bar. Those are fodder for balancing for sure. the “creative” direction in those is definitely lacking for most of the masteries as they are generally copied from something else and DAIL goes to level 100.

(not long did read):
Balancing the individual masteries I think is just going to break your back. as pretty much all of the original modders are still working at improving their mods (masteries) and the agreement with them was to merge their stuff.

I think that only the (H)arlequin and Coronus masteries were green lighted as “do what you like to them”. the others I hadn’t asked permission for or was asked not to modify beyond the xpansion to 100 levels in the mastery.

The reason i’m bringing this up is that so far DAIL has existed in the form of a gentlemans agreement. the content is created by many people.

1. we dont get paid
  2. we aren’t paying for it
  3. how do we compensate each other?

a) simple really. just respect the wishes of the content providers. maybe little statue of limitations added for good luck. If you go awol and quit … its open season?

there were some mods I wanted to add to dail. but the content creators said no. so i left it at that.

Ok, no problem at all with that. I’ll take Harlequin as fertile ground then - if the rest is going to be supported and tewaked over time by original authors, it’s more than fine.

They’re their own type, each.

Definitely the first option for me.

Yeah I’ve been saying this for a while. Balancing for grimmest is silly as it completed defeats the purpose. Spawns were increased to give a challenge, by buffing the masteries too much that challenge is lost.

^That.

/10chars

same thing for X and SX modes. they are supposed to be stupid hard. someone messeaged me about how he steam rolled SX mode. i was like. then its not hard enough.