Dawn of Masteries

thanks but don’t care about it too much. when i play with grim internals, sometimes it have purple lootbeam and sound like a legendary item droped but it display as epic (blue) item. so i think druid’s vestment is not only thing have wrong color.
anyway thanks for your hard work :+1:

Since it is difficult to fully analyze the rarity of items, there will be occasional such color differences. If you see such the items, please report it to me and I will fix the rainbow file.

1 Like

Wait, you have to specify the color yourself, the tool does not look the rarity up in the arz ? Sheesh, this could be much simpler…

I don’t know how to parse arz, so I’m looking it up in your GD Stash.
Several items have the same name but different rarities, so it would not be easy to color code them. In the case of this item, I’m not going to give it a color code.

Yeah, the arz would not help there either, unless we had two tags with the same text, one for epic, one for legendary

Also, I didn’t mean for you to parse the arz, but for the tool to do so

Hi there, is there any way to add this? Rebalanced Levels

Rebalanced Levels: “RebalancedLevelsPlus : you gain 5 skill points from level 1 to 25, 4 from level 26 to 50, 3 from 51 to 75 and 2 from 76 to 100. The total is 345 points at level 100.” instead of the standard 237

Is there any way as in ‘will I add’ ? No, this removes any semblance of balance that still remains. But it is about as easy a modification as can be, you need to change one line in one dbr file…

That’s right. It would be very useful if a mod version of the rainbow filter was made.

the question is not in balance as a way of adding, should I not know how to do this, should I replace the standard game files to combine these two mods, or should I unpack the DOM and then pack with the REBALANCE file? I will be very glad if you help in this matter

Either one would work, as DoM does not contain the file (if it did, you would need to change the DoM arz).

Will the game work with unpacked resources so that I can replace the file responsible for getting points?

It will work, but it will ignore the file :wink: You will need to build a new arz, gdx2 or dom

I’m new to GD modding… and GD. Am I fine to just… use whatever from wherever in regards to masteries? As in, will I find gear I can use if I, say, want to go full lightning via elementalist and something else?

Yes, you will find what you need, esp. since you can use tokens to get specific uniques if you don’t :wink:

1 Like

How can I do it?

Not going to walk you through the whole process in detail, there is enough info out there. In a nutshell

1. set up AssetManager
  2. extract the DoM arz with ArchiveTool
  3. make your changes
  4. use AssetManager to build a new arz

By performing the other two steps I mentioned… set up AssetManager, select the mod in it and select ‘Build’

should I leave the standard paths in the manager and where should I put the unpacked modified files so that the manager can see them?

remember when I wrote

?

This is what I meant…

The mod has to be in whatever you specify as the working dir. Usually you would change the paths so they include vanilla, gdx1 and gdx2, but for your purposes vanilla should be enough as you only need the templates. No harm in including the expansions though

I beg your pardon for my importunity, but with Tools> Extract Game File
produces the following: Failed to open archive file D: \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ Grim Dawn \ Working \ database \ templates.arc.
and I still absolutely do not understand what is the matter