Dawn of Masteries

Didn’t even know of it, only of the original mod. There are no plans, but I’ll check out the mod… didn’t think we needed more necromancers :wink:

I just started playing this mod. I absolutely love it. Is there a chance this will get an update? If not is there a way to roll back game ver to finish the game with the mod.

There is a chance, in fact I am mostly done updating to 1.2.0

2 Likes

I was just waiting for an update of this mod, hopefully Galen can also update GD-DPS and EU Lite in time to install both.

Darkest pets are player based which opens up different combos. Im pet oriented so this is my comment for a pet owner. On the reanimator he has a cold based pet, a poison one & a vitality one. On the illusionist its one vitality. I like the new changes he made to it. Does feel a little different then a necro. It seems pretty solid so far. Im not sure if hes done with it yet.

Version 1.5.0 released

Updated to Grim Dawn 1.2.0.0

Updates to D2, D3, GQ, etc. will be added after those mods have been updated for GD 1.2.0

5 Likes

I haven’t tried out the masteries but IMO unless they’re broken (functionally don’t work) or something, there is some merit to adding them, since they are the expression of another mod author’s creativity, which adds both to the integrity of this mod and the flexibility more masteries brings to the table. I mean… this is Dawn of Masteries. THE mod that incorporates as many masteries as possible. Is there ever truly too many options :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

agreed, there generally is some merit, the question is whether there is enough to justify adding them

adding masteries is not free, it takes effort. I also want to maintain a certain level of quality and not just add every class that exists, no matter what.

There are a handful of smaller mods with one or two masteries that I did not add because they did not meet my internal requirements (too few skills, no gear, bugs, etc.). I’ll keep an eye on the mod and see where it goes.

1 Like

Aha yea he does plan on adding items. I would keep an eye on it for future. Im playing it atm & it feels good.

Thank you so much for this !

I have email 3 help email to get it fix why do i just have a millon buff that just blind me i literally have to turn off effect due to how overwhelming bright it is

issue with new 1.2 patch and you probably did not get the latest version just 5 posts up

1 Like

this is not true with the latest version (and caused by the new GD 1.2.0 logic if you still have an older version)

Ran into a small issue.

Exclusive skills in a chain.

IE D2 paladin, Holy shock requires Holy Freeze. Holy Freeze requires Holy Fire. I can’t invest points into Holy Freeze because Holy Fire is “more powerful” and already activated. Also can’t put points into Holy Shock b/c of the same issue.

Patch notes state if two exclusive skills are chosen, the one with the highest points takes priority. But i can’t put points in cause they’re chained together and the required parent node is automatically activated as soon as i put a point in it. :frowning:

So how do i update the mod every time i try to out the newest mod update i get just the base classes? I did it like it was the last patch in you mod file in grimdawn??? And i dont want to delete the mod if it gonna delete my old characters saves.

Do i need to delete the old mod file? Or like what

Your character’s saves are not in the mod folder, they are stored in a completely different location, in a folder in the same location as your un-modded characters. So you can delete the mod without losing them, just make sure to not load those characters without the mod.

I always delete the old mod folder before installing the latest update, I’ve had issues in the past just replacing it with the newest ones. Unless the download says it is a patch that needs to be installed on top of a previous version, then it is usually the full mod. The latest 1.5 download is the full mod, so just delete the old dom mod folder and move the new one from the download to your mod folder.

the saves are in a different directory from the mod, so deleting the mod does not delete them

You install the mod by downloading the mod, placing the .zip in GD\mods and extracting it there. You should then have GD\mods\dom\database\dom.arz, if you do not, it is not installed correctly. No harm in deleting the old one, but it should not be necessary

Hey mamba, could you shortly break down what you did, to get rid of the „all auras toggled“ on the player character? Currently trying to update the mod path of grim dawn, but iam still fairly new so i dont know exactly where to look at.
The auras in this mod are all done with the „skill_buffselftoggled“ template. Are there specific parameters to check or can you give me some advise where to look?

thank you!

There is no tag to exclude them, unfortunately. I changed the template from toggled to a duration and gave it a duration of three hours.

Not ideal, as you cannot turn it off now, but at least they do not all turn on right away

1 Like

Oh okay.
I think ill try your approach!

Thank you!!