Dawn of Masteries

Is there a specific reason why Shattered Affixes isn’t something that is on your radar? Does it only affect magic-rare items?

My one criticism of Dawn of Masteries is, with all the extra masteries, there is a distinct lack of itemization to support all build options. I don’t really know what Shattered Affixes does but incorporating something that could help level the playing field regarding general itemization, by making the mod a more cohesive experience, may be a good thing.

Edit: I did look up the mod and it adds a considerable layer of boosts to vanilla masteries through the system it uses. Something like that would further distance the vanilla masteries from those added by mods.

Shattered Affixes is only relevant for endgame, it does not help your journey there at all (you could argue it can help subsequent chars).

I do not like that everyone says it is OP, I do not like that it is limited to the Shattered Realms and I do not like that it is focused on vanilla masteries even though I understand why it is.
By no means is this intended to imply that it is a bad mod, this is merely my opinion on why I do not want to add it.

I might add some endgame option eventually where high level uniques can roll affixes (don’t think I need to bother with ones below level 75…) for those interested in farming, but with the many masteries available in the mod, to me ‘endgame’ is trying a different build, and that is what the mod is geared towards.

I do not really care for ‘endgame’ in general, and I guess the mod reflects that :wink:

2 Likes

There’s a bug with the Mercenary.Breaking blow has 16 levels.When you add a gem for + 1 skills and it has 17 it gives you huge damage.Skill lvl 18/19 works at level 19 you get 334 damage.It’s only lvl 17 that’s bugged.

Level 17.

Level 19 shows Normal

Yes, that value has a typo :wink:

You actually get the damage bonus.I was critting for 4-5k on level 20 :grin:

Hello @mamba, @medea_fleecestealer,
First as always thank you both for the quick replies/help and of coarse the mods.
Since it seems the dev’s listen to the modding community (mastery cap doubled) I just posted this in the Ideas and Feedback;
Hello,
First and foremost thank you for this EPIC game. :smiley:
Since the mastery cap was doubled can you please do the same for the player/monster and skill level cap’s. Also would it be possible to add an NPC or item that would allow players to unlearn a mastery without losing the skills/passives? (I know mods can do this but earning it in-game would feel less like cheating).
If anyone else would like to see this happen please bump/like and or re-post, thank you all again.

But this is “cheating” no matter how it’s done. Of course it’s a single player game so play how you want, but I can’t see the devs adding this to the game. Having all skills from a mastery you’ve unlearnt still available to play with would just massively unbalance the vanilla game. That’s definitely mod territory.

What is the player cap, 4 for MP or something else ? I assume there are network code / lag restrictions behind that limit.

Not sure what you mean by the skill level cap, the number of skills you can have in one mastery ? There is no need for that, we already have a template for up to 99 skills and it works without any change to the code, use that instead of the standard 36 or so skill template.

won’t happen, this is a cheat and just because it is technically possible by messing with the save file does not mean it would or should ever make it into the game.

I can see why unlearning a mastery and all its skills could be considered a feature, and we did not get tat either, but this is not a valid feature at all.

New masteries??? Oh no is it about that time to sit down and crank out another 50+ class name combos?

Wait for D2, by then you probably have to double the names :wink:

The problems with exponential growth…

Yikes…well I’ve already started having a go at the spreadsheet. I’ve got some time to kill so let’s fill in some of these blanks!

My changes/alternate names are in blow so you can see what’s new. There’s a lot of repeats and some names are a bit weak (Frost _____…etc.) so I’m trying to give some alternatives if possible.

You did a hell of a Job with naming.Sad yesterday my raid ssd’s crashed and i lost all my new games i made in dom(still have the backup from the old plays)So guess i call it restart Version 2 :smiley:
You got a hell of a job ahead once diablo 2 drops in can’t wait :slight_smile:

I found a bug with the Anchorite mastery. The passive Fitness says it gives +Poison and +Elemental resistances, but my character only receives the elemental resists. The poison seems to be bugged.

It definitely does work, just checked. Maybe your Poison resistance maxed already.

My poison resist was 36% with +30% from Fitness, but my armor was giving me +24% from my belt and +12% from my shoulders. If it was working, I should’ve been at 66%.

EDIT: Took screenshots. With my current build, I’m at 56% BEFORE the 30% from Fitness.

The skill requires a mace, scepter, dagger or sword. You are using an axe. Will update the description… why doesn’t GD show the requirements based on how the skill is defined, clearly it knows what weapon types it requires…

So are ALL of Anchorite’s skills supposed to require those items? Cause only half of them say they do.

That’s one of the biggest problems with the NCFF masteries. The descriptions and requirements are not always clear.

Another big problem is balance. The masteries seem all over the place in terms of balance. Cenobite, for example is ridiculously powerful if you spec into block, whereas Fangshi has a skill that, as far as I can tell, is absolutely worthless (at least at early levels) (The sword rain ability. It looks awesome but there doesn’t seem to be any guaranteed hits with it and the damage is very low if you only hit once or twice).

Something that I’ve noticed is that is that both Grimarillion and DoM seem to prefer quantity over quality and that doesnt make much sense.

We don’t need 80 masteries when most of them are overpowered or just ain’t interesting to play. Some are tottaly unbalanced, others have bugs, some don’t have the proper descriptions, others miss proper gear… .

Please, fix the existing ones and make them interesting to play, than add more.

It depends on classes.Some are really good some or not.I think tq and d3 are really good.If a class seems op or not balanced I don’t really play them cept for fun.The only thing i would like are better item support for some classes.
But that’s not Mamba’s fault he added the classes he didn’t make them.It’s usually up to the OP of the class to fix them but most don’t get new updates so can’t play them.So im happy they got added even if they seem unbalanced or op as it gives more class combinations.