Dawn of Masteries

I spent time testing it over the last few days and there weren’t any Player scaled pets that were granted by items or equipment that has hp or wasn’t invincible in Vanilla GD. Below is the full list i checked, not sure if i missed any.

arcane wisps ,tentacle of yugol ,lord narzan ,nightbringer ,sand devils from azrakaa’s epoch ,storm shard ,wind devils from mythical stormtrap ,gaze of dreeg ,nemesis ,eye of the guardian ,eldritch shard, deathstalker ,cinderwind ,Bloodbathed Servant & herald of doom banner.

Not sure how you did that. I searched all player scaled pets in itemskills/pets (not for the expansions, just vanilla) and of maybe 15-20 pets, 3 were invincible while the rest was not.

While I did not check which pet was for which item, I doubt most of them would be for items only enemies can equip, not the player.

My two buddies and I are really enjoying the mod, however we can’t see what the hell we’re doing because of all the iron bits and crafting materials that fill up the entire screen during a fight.

Is there a loot filter for iron bits and crafting materials?

No idea, only if GD can filter that. On the other hand you should pick those up automatically, so they should not clutter the screen much.

There is a key you can define in options that allows you to show and hide loot. you can also set it so that loot only shows when you hold a key.

You can turn off the components at least.

Also use it to filter what you see drop. Common (white) and magic (yellow) are often unticked early so you don’t see them any more.

There isn’t really that many pet granting items in the 1st place. Most of them shows up here - https://www.grimtools.com/petdb/ . I tested in game and summoned all of those i listed, some had a HP bar which may be what you are mistaking as being vulnerable but they were Unattackable aka invulnerable at least to normal attacks and spells. Actually them having a hp bar doesnt really reduce their value even if they may die to some funny stuff like the Aetherial Regurgitator but having them die in a few seconds everytime u are facing a big champion mob pack is just plain right frustrating.

I do not check in game, I simple searched database\records\skills\itemskills\pets for the following two things

• Player scaling pets (templateName,database/templates/petplayerscaling.tpl,)
  • Invincible pets (invincible,1,)

and the search finds 15 player scaling pets, 3 of which are invincible, so I stand by what I said, most are not invincible

On the one hand I can see why you want invincible pets when you play with tons of heroes in Grimmest, but on the other hand adjusting things so the build can more easily handle high grimmest settings kinda defeats the purpose of Grimmest… from my perspective everything should be balanced towards vanilla and if you can handle higher settings, great, but there should not be any adjustments for it, you should build towards it

Hi all I am looking for some people to play dawn of masteries with I hope its ok to post my steam profile account name here my steam name is Dodge Ninja I hope some of yall can come and play with me i made a new char im up for wahtever lvl i kinda new to dawn of masteries but not grim dawn i would like to play alot with other ppl and different times hit me up thur pm on steam ill respond asap when i see invite thx my icon is a black dude with hair cut.

What is a good combo mastery for voidcaller, i’m looking for 2 summoner class that work well together

I didn’t test this yet but i think voidcaller and nature mage would be strong.Don’t need to spend much time on nature just pets and buffs.I wanted to do this build but man im limited in time.

Pets doesn’t really scale that great into late game.Even pets with 30k hp dies easily and im lvl 52 so not that far into game.I did focus wizard first so didn’t max pet yet.I may delete her and start a warden with a nature :smiley:

What about some chaos combo that work well with void caller?

If you want a summoner take Voidcaller + Spirit. Best summoner by a large margin.

what does the jul 18 file on grim nexus change?

Nothing, it was a standalone Grimmest, as the one in its own thread is outdated and apparently no longer works.

Version 1.0.1 released

Diablo 2 updated to 0.87
Diablo 3 updated to 3.3

1 Like

Looks like the Diablo 3 Barbarian tree is bugged and doesn’t display all the skills. I checked over at the Diablo 3 classes forum thread and it turns out it’s from patch 3.3 and it got fixed just after DoM got updated. Can you add that fixed patch in?

Version 1.0.1a released

Diablo 3 updated to 3.3 HF1

2 Likes

Updated the Rainbow File for DoM v1.0.1a

3 Likes

@mamba Playing a Terror Knight (Zenith) , how come there are no blacksmiths for Zenith over at the vendor rep sale tab ?