Dawn of Masteries

I look forward to seeing the D2 masteries in here, you absolute madlad mamba.

That will be a while, recently learned that the mastery limit right now is 51, not 80 as planned, due to some TQ code. This will be fixed in 1.1.7.0, so I will have to wait for that before releasing a version with the D2 masteries.

That does not mean I could not look into it now, but the author recommended I wait for the next release before tackling this, so I have not started yet - and updating Cataclysm is keeping me busy instead :wink: Just a matter if sequencing it… so I will take a look and analyze once the current work is done, new version or not, as much of that analysis will apply either way

Wait in what way are Cata classes being reworked? I don’t recall a redone version, unless you mean apocalypse?

There was a Cataclysm Redone mod for a while. Got up to 5 reworked masteries before the author moved on to Apocalypse.

Consensus seems to be that the Redone versions of the masteries are better, so I will switch over to those.

Guys ! People like Mamba , Asylum,Grimer,Van_Houck,Morrdhuis …etc ,are sharing what they do with us for free .
They put o lot of work and i understand if someone is expecting something from a mod but you should no expect something from someone without giving something in return so if there is something free then you should not complain about the quality of the mod in this case , even more when the mod is a mix of semi abandoned mods .
I want shape shifting like in D2 , i want to ride a mount Sacred 2 style or other but in this case there are limitations and the people who created the mods do their best with what they have.

For me “GD” is better than other games , i do not give names , and what i want i create myself in terms of mods , just started 2 weeks ago and only to make 30% of a mastery took me one week and that is because Mamba helped me .

It is hard belive me , and if you do not, then try yourself to do what you think is easy and expect others to do , no offense just an opinion from someone who knows nothing , writing in english included :rofl:

Well that’s annoying indeed. Still look forward to it though!

Np Mamba.I got all the time in the world to wait for D2 masteries.We don’t know what the state is with the virus.I know my one game can’t release updates because not everyone can work from home.It may be a similar story for crate.

Dawn of Masteries 0.9.8 released

GrimQuest updated to version 76
Cataclysm masteries replaced by their Cataclysm Redone counterparts (where available)

The change to the Cataclysm masteries means that you need to refund ALL skill points BEFORE switching to version 0.9.8. This is true for the following masteries: Mage, Maleficar, Mercenary, Paragon and Voidcaller. All other masteries are not affected.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Very cool! I’ll have to make it a point to respec my characters now!

In your opinion are the changes to the masteries generally for the better or are there some pretty major nerfs scattered around?

Based on feedback from others, these should be improvements in the mastery design and they seem to be stronger. I do not have 1st hand experience with them.

Updated The Rainbow file for DoM 0.9.8 (a).

Dawn of Masteries 0.9.8a released

Some Cataclysm textures were missing, should be fixed now.

Thank you very much for the hard work Mamba.

I didn’t look at the other classes yet but the mercenary are so much better.As i see a Merc as someone that can use any type of weapon and that’s what the new one does.Can go range/melee or dual handed or 2 handed.

There’s a new class Warden.I assume he doesn’t have gem support yet?Like +1 to all skills.

I’ve noticed a couple small…quirks with some of the Cataclysm classes, the stalkers Arcane Shot modifier Fragmentation doesn’t work with melee as far as I can tell, assuming this is unintentional since the skill itself and the the other modifiers work fine with melee, and I’m pretty confident it worked with the melee stalker I played a few years ago. Also with Frost Knight, Frost Blast transmuter Devastating Blast doesn’t seem to work.

There is nothing in the skill definiton that restricts weapons for Fragmentation, so it should work. Don’t really see anything obvious wrong with Devastating Blast either, will check this though.

With fragmentation, there’s an animation when I use a ranged weapon, I see it split in 4 projectiles and damage nearby enemies. With a melee weapon, no animation, no nearby enemies damaged. With Frost Blast, the modifier devastating blast doesn’t increase the damage or cooldown in the tooltip.

Frost Blast should add 5 second to the cooldown and increase the damage by 50%. I am not worried about the tooltip so much, the real question is how it behaves in game :wink:

Ok, for frost blast…the modifier only works with a two handed weapon =) My bad. Although the tooltip doesn’t say as much. As for fragmentation…doesn’t work for me with any melee weapon.

Yes, just noticed that, will update the description… why does GD not simply generate the weapon requirement from the skill definition :crazy_face: