Dawn of Masteries

That is a matter of your resolution. If the window does not fit on it completely at a larger larger UI scale, then no, other than removing the Grim UI from the mod / replacing it with a different expanded inventory that works better with small resolutions.

Since according to the Steam statistics, all resultions below 1920x1080 (where it can be shown fully at regular UI scale) combined make up less than 1% of players, I am not that interested in addressing this.

2 Likes

First of all thanks for the great mod!

Have a question about D2 Paladin a Sorceress masteries. They are not displayed in game but is it possible to somehow choose and play with them?
All D2 masteries are so unbalanced, done couple builds with them and its so fun and OP.

As they are not displayed, you cannot choose them. You will have to wait for 1.1.7.0, at which point they should be displayed.

3 Likes

I believe they meant with the use of a character editor or something. Would it be possible to force the mastery through editing the data files?

1 Like

I know what was meant, but I doubt it is possible. I donā€™t think any editor exposes the required fields and even if one did, I am not sure that you could then select skills for the mastery or whether the issue that causes the mastery button to not be displayed would also cause issues there.

If anyone wants to try, the masteries are

records/d2/skills/paladin/_classtraining_paladin.dbr
records/d2/skills/sorceress/_classtraining_sorceress.dbr

The ID for the combination with whatever your other mastery is can be found in tags_mccm_masteries.txt

Have a second mastery in which you only have mastery points invested, no skills. Then use gd-edit to replace that mastery and make sure you also change the ID for the combination. If you can do this, you should be good from a save file perspective (you still could run into issues in GD itself), no idea if the fields are available however.

Chances are you do not need to worry about the tag / ID, so try replacing the mastery only and check if that works

Definitely make a backup before you try this.

Personally Iā€™d wait the week or so until 1.1.7.0 is available, it was schedule for late this / early next month.

1 Like

I wanted to let you know the warden class currently doesnā€™t get any health/energy from the mastery bar. Really enjoying the mod btw : )

In main menu under nick name of my character where must be level and profession is text tag not found and time to time getting fatal eror with the same text and black screen in game and the only option what can I do in game after this is to close it with end process :neutral_face:

Not seeing the class name is standard GD behavior, the mod needs to be loaded first, which happens when you start playing your char for the first time.

No idea why you get a black screen when selecting a char, that is a local issue. If you get a black screen while selecting a mastery from Zenith or D2, then you need to update to a newer version of GD. Before 1.1.6.1 the limit was 40 masteries, so selecting one of the higher ones crashes the game.

Hi mamba,

Possible bug report:

Zenithā€™s mastery Riftstalker - Desolator Protocol: this WPS skill appears to be lacking trigger %.

Also, a request:
Transmuter - x damage to physical

I reckon Iā€™ll wait for the 1.1._.2 hotfix (like I always do) and then go HOG WILD on this modā€¦ Full bore! :call_me_hand:

How possible would it be for someone to extract or remake the Token-Loot-Legendary system and make it a standalone mod? Itā€™s an amazing feature that I wish was a part of the base game and other mods.

It would not be that hard to extract it. Not sure there is a point in having it as a standalone mod however, as pretty much everything in DoM is optional. You could play DoM with the vanilla masteries only and just use that feature, that would not really be different from playing that part as a stand-alone.

Would I be able to use the characters Iā€™ve made already in a modded game?

Only if they use the vanilla masteries (assuming the mod did not change them), and you might lose some items in the process.

Are the D3 classes supposed to be balanced?

Ask in the D3 mod :wink: I believe they are supposed to but might be a bit on the strong side

Are supposed to be a little stronger than vanilla. Why?

donā€™t say ā€œbecause they seem weakā€, please lol

thx for making this mod mamba, its awesome. However I am trying to enjoy voidcaller and nosferatu and have noticed that they are really lacking in craftable gears. Any plan to update this soon?

They have as much gear as the other Cataclysm masteries, which means a handful of weapons. The Cataclysm merchant is selling armor / jewelry with Cataclysm affixes, including unique affixes, just like in the Cataclysm mod.

I have no plans of adding items.

One of the things new players of the mod are likely confused about is how cataclysm does itemization compared to the other mods and vanilla.
It would be helpful to have something assist with this. Maybe something as simple as a txt file in the mod download that acts as a getting started guide.