Dawn of Masteries

are sorc and paladin supposed to be visible with new update?

They became visible with GD 1.1.7.0

1 Like

The pet scales with the player. I assume the tooltip is not considering the pet’s skills, which really are the only way the pet deals damage.

Yeah i know, i meant the damage type she scales with. :stuck_out_tongue: Like physical or lightning etc.

A partial component has dropped from a chest … we urgently need quick a hotfix !

Summary

Sorry, was just kidding about the hotfix… :innocent:

The said component is: “records\items\materia\compa_riftstone.dbr”
Thanks!

pierce, aether, chaos, elemental, vitality - apparently all over the place :wink:

thanks, missed that one

Just a quick question.What’s the use of Loot spawn when activating shout/warcries on Inspiration Presence on barb.I understand the reason behind it as champ has a skill in d2 that can farm potions from corpse(i think didn’t play d2 in ages)It’s not something needed here

As it has 15% chance to contain a health which in grim dawn we can easily get.If it was maybe like component chest then by all means but not for potions.

Is the D2 mod from D2 classes aka noble paladin?I will ask mod creator about it.Sorry if this is wrong section :slight_smile:

Yes, this is the NoblePaladin mod, and I do not have an answer for you, so you are better off asking there :wink:

The main reason is it original barbarian skill. When I start global balance phase, I already had workable find item/potion skills, but stay them as active skills is not apropriate. Delete skills mean Barb stay without 2 skills. So most viable solution is rework it to autocasts, and custom skills like Inspiring presence compine 2 things^ equivalent of skill synergy and autocast “holder”.
Moreover Find potion spawn not only health/energy potions, it also have chance to spawn craftable potions and ever devotion reset potion.

ah thank you.It make sense.I thought it only drop health potions.Like i said i know why the skill are there because barb had find item.Your explanation makes sense.Thank you for clearing that up.

PS:Love the mod and the D2 masteries just made it so much better :smiley:

Why am I allowed to attach Maul or Bull Rush to the D2/D3 necromancers’ decrepify, but not Arcane Bomb or any of the pet constellations like Shepherd’s Call or Bysmiel’s Command?
In what scenario would any necromancer want a melee physical attack attached to Decrepify, but not extra resist shred?

Ask the D2/D3 mod authors.

I don’t think we have any control over what devotion skill is available to what mastery skill (other than maybe changing the skill template and thereby the skill), which would very much explain this…

Unless d2/d3 mod changes devotion black lists (no idea why they would) , this is more than likely a crate issue…

What do you mean by black lists?

Made an Amazon/terror knight, but its says it’s a rogue.
Also character selection for the same character says terror knight & [ms]Hoplite[fs]…goes off the screen so I cant see the rest. Just letting you know.

Devotions have rules on which skill types they can be bound to as well as blacklists which tell the game which skills they can’t be bound to. This is standard Grim Dawn behavior and has nothing to do with the mods, Grimarillion has no changes to these mechanics, dunno about DoM, but I don’t see any reason D2 would change these.

Will you add additional masteries like Coronus, Mystic Warrior, Engineer and the 2 in Darkest Dawn? Maybe rename the Necromancer from Darkest Dawn to Necromagus. Was the Elwar mastery ever completed? It looked cool.

No, I won’t be adding them.

Initially the mastery limit was 40 and back then I was considering them to fill the last remaining slots (as Zenith and D2 both were too big to add), and even then I decided against them because they lacked gear and rather added the NCFF Necromancer and Monk I initially skipped (for having too many Necromancers already and the Monk being weaponless, which imo is not a good idea) plus the Frost Knight from Cataclysm’s precursor, because these had at least a minimum amount of gear.

Mystic Warrior also is half a mastery, it has far too few skills. Most of the others are pet masteries, and we already have plenty of those. Add the complete lack of gear, and there just is no good reason to add them.

2 Likes

Dawn of Masteries is not working for me for v1.171x64. I start up grim dawn, load up the mod, create the character and start the game on ult. When I level up, I just get the regular GD classes.