Dawn of Masteries

Well, aside from higher drop rate i’d like to increase max. devotion points, remove movement and cast speed caps, increase attribute points per lvl and increase mastery points to 5 per lvl.

Thank you for the answer, i’ll try to fix all those missing templates, maybe this time i’ll succeed.

Howdy! Picking up the game again and I have a couple questions!

1. I see one of the features of Cataclysm is increased devotion - however, my character is showing 55 max still. Did I mess up the install?
  2. Is the token system exclusive to this mod / is there an easy way I could use it as a separate mod? It’s pretty amazing.
  1. I did not include that, you can already get pretty OP as it is
  2. it is not available separately, but since everything is pretty modular you could just use the vanilla classes and use it to get vanilla items, at which point the mod is almost like a standalone version already (with some other features like bigger stash and Grimmest)

Ah understood, thanks a bunch!

The game keeps crashing to a black screen. The mouse reverts to how it looks in the main menu and i can move and see it but thats it. The game will crash after some playtime with characters that are about halfway through the campaign, and I don’t know why its them specifically. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, have you fixed it?

If you haven’t done so yet, try disabling item tooltips. Somehow that seems to be a frequent cause of crashes for mods.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll test it out.

Sorry for replying to this again - understand the motivation behind the mod, but wanted to add my 2c to the thread.

I’ve been having a ridiculous amount of fun with this. The Epic/Leg token mechanic is incredible and allows for experimentation that I’ve never thought possible, it breathed new life into the game for me. If there’s any way to have that as a standalone mod, I’d hugely appreciate it. Heck, I have limited experience modding this for myself but would be absolutely willing to invest the effort and help make it happen.

Thanks a ton!

It’s not that hard to separate that out, esp. for me, as most of that is auto-generated, so it already starts out separate, just have to add the blacksmiths to the DC vendor and include their skills in the skill list.

Game crashed to black again and I’m not sure what else there is to try. Auto tooltips are off, I was playing a Bloodthirster using the Barbarian’s spin skill fighting Primordian when it happened.

Have you tried to delete options.txt located in mydocs/mygames/grimdawn/settings ?
(The game will create a new options.txt file for you)
Delete that then launch the game and disable auto tooltips again (if checked).

Thanks for this. With luck this will have fixed it and i won’t have to report another crash :sweat_smile:

I’ve been getting crashes in all sorts of content: Vanilla, DoM, GDR, Nydiamar. Some more stable than others. The only other bit of advice I’ve seen is to avoid tabbing out or otherwise having the game in the background.

Is there a way to change both your classes without starting a new game?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Not ingame. You’d have to use GDStash to do it.

Alright. Thanks for the quick reply, I’m trying it now. :+1:

Back up your character first just in case.

Not sure about the auto-gen part but if there’s any reading material you could point me towards I’d be glad to look into it (or alternatively if it’s not too much stuff on your side, I’d love if it could be included in the “included mods” above!!)

I’ve been doing a lot of tabbing out so that could be why it keeps happening. Its basically stopped after resetting the options and turning off tooltips though, which is nice. First crash in 2 days and i don’t think any are coming in the near future.

Wow man,o lot of work to think about class combination names :dizzy_face: 074e4579b37baff1129af96a1a77cf9651c265c3_2_690x394

Do you have in mind to add new maps as well?