Dawn of Masteries

Was Voidstone component removed from the game? I still have it on all my characters who had it, but cannot craft any new ones :o Checked several patch notes, several blacksmith, its just gone.

It got lost when the new UI was added. I thought it is back in 1.2.6, but maybe I fixed it after that and it will be in the next version, not sure

1 Like

The Voidstone is still there, i can craft it

Hello there first of all love this Modpack, played a bunch of mods and modpacks and having a blast. A friend and i started playing this after we got fed up with good old PoE so we decided to play some HC like back in the days. Died a bunch of times thats ok part of the game and still having a blast, i have only one problem with this and i dont know if its a bug. I am currently playing a Titan Quest class called Storm, usually you get random items that give +1/+2/+3/+4 etc to certain skills but in 3 play thrues at lvl 20 i havent gotten a single item with such a statt. I have also updated the Rainbow filter and set it to My Masteries and i get nothing, i have opened the console and items seem to drop but they get destroyed on creation so i dont know whats up with that either. Would appreciate any input on this if possible, thanks in advance and keep the good work up.

Drops are random, at level 20 I would not expect too much + to skills. For Custom classes these do not drop at all, you will need to go to the respective merchant from the mod.

Items should not get destroyed upon spawning them with the console, but that is GD functionality, so even if they did, that would be GD’s fault.

I get that the drops are random thats not the issue here, the problem is that most of the playable character classes have items dropped with affixes to +1-4 and more. So a loot table exists that scrambles items together even for non GD main classes, but in regards to the TQ classes besides the +1 to all nothing seems to drop. I know i have to buy specific items from the specific vendor of each game class, but i dont want uniques/legendarys since i am looking for yellow/greens and blues.

Items with +1-4 do also drop on lover levels then 20 and plenthy like i said that is not the issue here, the issue for me is that TQ classes dont get nothing much in this regard while i can find plenthy of +xy for any other game class.

I am not spawning items via the console, from time to time i open the console and i see a specific message that reads (see picture below)

https://gyazo.com/81554498fad94c09fc5a8d4309a57bea

I have never used the console nor do i know any commands for it, as i dont need them personally.
I only use Grim Internals, RainBow Loot Filter and different mods and thats about it.

Hmmmm.Doubt it’s the mods fault.I have some low level + skill staffs in my stash that are around lvl 30ish(can’t remember)haven’t played in ages.Idk if there’s lower level staffs with + skills but on the higher level they are plenty.It’s also luck by the draw i always get the staff which i do not need :grin:

Well if you have issue specifically with TQ classes, you should check with TQ mod author, Asylum. Maybe he simply didnt developed the prefixes/ suffixes for those classes. But as Pierre says, i have never even noticed any such a problem, there are billions of custom items for TQ classes.

This mod is fantastic, just the additional masteries makes Grim Dawn infinitely more replayable. Rather than there being a single version of a class you want to play, there are so many more viable builds. I’m having an absolute blast playing it.

I was wondering though, is there a way to increase the devotion cap? As well as additional skills/lvl and a level cap increase?

Keep up the fantastic work, thank you for your efforts!

Is it possible ? sure, I am not interested in doing this however. You already can get pretty OP with the existing points, even with GD masteries, thanks to all the various additional items.

1 Like

Game will just become to unbalanced.I play on high difficulty to have somewhat of a challenge.It getsd tricky on higher difficulty because i went all offense on my main :grin:but like mamba said.You can get pretty op late game.Just learn how to do it yourself.There’s a lot of guides how to mod gd on the forum.

I just hit 100 with my first character, and yeah, he’s already pretty OP. More devotions are just fun though, trying out different devotion combos is probably my favorite part of the game. No real trouble with any of the content, the Token trade system makes creating OP characters a lot easier than I was expecting. Didn’t realize you could transform legendaries initially.

I was wondering if there was any way to play Crucible using Dawn of Masteries though, is this a thing?

YES! , using Grim Internals:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-grim-internals/38773/6353

• create a shortcut with this in the Target section: “path of your game\Grim Dawn\GrimInternals64.exe” /Mod:“dom”

• Feel free to post in the Grim Internals thread if you need any further assistance :+1:

So I am enjoying this mod quite a bit, just want to confirm some stuff real fast!

1. I am using a Titan Quest mastery, and a Grim Dawn Mastery. I want to look at the token vendors and blacksmiths for Grim Quest yea?

2. Will I be able to find items that mix masteries from any of these mods on them? Like say an item that gives +X to a Titan Quest skill and then modifies say a D3 skill? Out of curiousity.

Generally speaking each mod only comes with items for its masteries, so at most you find something that combines two masteries from the same mod or works well together with vanilla while still being for a mastery from the mod. You will not find anything that crosses mods, like an item for TQ and D3.

So you are usually good looking at vanilla items, the mod specific items and D2 (for + to all).

Hi there!

Thanks for the mod! After spending >1k hours mod-less this mod rekindled my love for GD. Normal GD was just grinding to grind more and thanks to your mod pack there’s the sense of wonder and exploration again :slight_smile:

Quick question tho: Do Devotion Runes stack with the “normal” devotion? For example if I have Will of Rattosh through a Devotion Rune and as a normal devotion do I get double the RR? I guess it does since you can buff yourself more than once with the same buff for every different source but just to be sure :slight_smile:

Is there a way for you to set it so that you can move the character screen around? 1080 is a bit hard on the eyes when it comes to text, and if the screen can be moved then I can keep using a lower resolution so I can have my cake and eat it, too.

No, you will need to edit the dbrs that contain the window positions

Does this mod have the Runeword functionality from Reign of Terror added?

Not that familiar with RoT, it does have the D2 runewords from ‘the other D2 mod’