Dawn of Masteries

go into your mods\dom\database and use windows snipping tool.Another thing to double check is that it’s mod\dom and not mods\dom(number i think)\dom.

Is it possible to add actual bow animation in this mod?
I have seen some diablo 2 mod has this and also some of the summonable pets are wielding bows but seen only crossbow modeling for bows…

Not really. Pets have their own animations, which are separate from the char.

There is no bow category for a different set of animations, so you would essentially have to change the crossbow ones to bows / add additional bow specific animations to the crossbow animations and make sure bows use those somehow.

But their is spear and shield using modeling from titan quest and also twin crossbow from diablo 3 is it that hard to add a new weapon section?

It is impossible to add a new type. Spears already existed from TQ, same for staffs, 1h crossbows are simply guns with a different mesh.

Oh I see It seems the whole bow category from titan quest must have been exchanged with crossbow.
One more question is their no cutscene in this mod? cause I didnt seen the first one from the start

I did nothing to remove cutscenes, they should play just like in vanilla

Is this latest update going to cause a problem?

No, patches generally cause minor issues only, this one is no different.

Doesn’t hurt to ask - patches have a habit of breaking things, especially mods.

Generally the actual mods themselves tend to be fine - it’s more the 3rd party tools, such as Rainbow Filter and others, that may need updating etc. It depends on what the game patches themselves change or add.

they very rarely do, at most the mods contain some then outdated info. For the mod be more largely affected by a new GD version, it must be a more drastic change to GD where some mod files being outdated can turn into a real issue, like adding a new expansion.
The last one that affected mods to the point where an upgrade was needed was probably the stash rework, where they combined some buttons and components dropped as completed components, not pieces, and even that does have a major impact, more of a nuisance.

Just bought the game and all the expasions from the Steam sale. I’ve not played Grim Dawn before and just got this mod up and running.

Is there anything I should be reading to understand how to play this game with the mod? I used that thing in my inventory to adjust the Hero/Density, but not sure if that is advisable. Also, was not sure it was working when I went back to it to Reset them back to default. Do you have to exit the game and re-load for it to take effect?

Anything else about the mod I should be reading up on? I created a D2 Sorc build right now.

How i learned to play the game was to play through the standard game halfway.Didn’t finish it because it’s long.DoM change a lot of stuff.2x density actually make the game a little better.Now sure if it’s DoM or lightweight mod but i play with 5x density and that can get a little tricky.

There are a lot of guides how to play the game but how i learned was trail and error.Pick 2 characters and see how they fair with higher mobs.Starting with a caster is actually the easiest way o start.Melee with high mob density can be tricky when you get surrounded.

But best of all is.Have fun :slight_smile: .This game is a gem and in my top 3 of best arpg’s ever.

don’t think so, for one it is not really that different from regular GD, ie it has the same mechanics etc, just more classes, items, for another I do not believe there is much out there to read in the first place

it takes effect immediately, but the proxies that gave already ‘loaded’ monsters under the old setting will still spawn them like that.
Once you reach an area that has not yet loaded its proxies it will use the current settings to do so. So it takes a short while for the change to take effect.

Is there a way within this mod to just reveal all the map and quest locations? I’m not all that big into discovery.

No there is not, that is outside of what a mod can do.

Simply clear the areas, that should get you through all quests easily / automatically (with very few exceptions, where you would revisit an earlier area for a quest)

Finding stuff’s a quarter of the point in these games, that’s the “crawler” aspect of the term.

I forgot how much more of an ass-kicker this game is on Veteran mode, especially with a Nybor boost.

Yep.Doesn’t matter how many times i did an act,I will always scout corner to corner.Not only does it open the map.There’s also the extra mobs + extra loot that helps early game.

EDIT:I have something weird with my one toon.I have a tq rogue and a d2 assain.She worked fine but when i reached twin fall or whatever it’s called she fight then game just feezes and i have to kill in task manager…I will try 64 bit and see if this still happens.Idk how it just did this on it’s own.

And of course given the random aspect of the game, you might find some tasty loot. Every barrel you destroy might have something useful/valuable.