Dawn of Masteries

So I’m new to the game and I’ve been doing the first run with this mod. I was really struggling to enjoy the game, but I think I was able to fix most of my issues with Grim Tools. Mostly just speeding up the game a little bit by 20% or so.

I’m starting to have a little fun now that I’m nearing level 50 with the dream combo of Diablo 2 Blizzard Sorc with Diablo 3 Wizard. lol

I guess my question is how do I modulate the difficulty settings with Grimmest, Veteran, Elite, Ultimate etc. If I have Elite and Ultimate unlocked, should I just load that up and start playing through are is my Resists going to be bunk? Should I just load into Elite and start farming it for gear instead of trying to finish the Normal campaign?

Right now I’m nearing level 50 on Normal with Veteran turned on. I’m not really struggling yet but didn’t know if it was going to get harder later on in the later acts.

How exactly do I gear? I get that I should be boosting my main damage, and main skills, but is it more just a balance of finding a few gear pieces that can cover my resistances? What are the primary resist types that I should be trying to hit?

I personally started with a monk. Exploding Palm is a godsend when you’re being Zerged. Basically, it turns every kill into a bomb. If the explosion kills another mob, it turns into a bomb.

I spent yesterday getting an Assassin/Necromancer to level 35. Using Necro for bone armor and curse amplify.

Can’t find Rutnick’s Blaster in database\records\items. Where to find?

That just means it is not a vanilla item. Your best bet is to search for the tag to find the .dbr

Does another database contain expansion rutnick’s blaster.dbr?

Assuming this is a mod item, then there is only one arz.

If it is a vanilla item then yes, it can be in the vanilla, AoM or FG arz

Ok, now I found this .dbr. Thanks for the tip.

Are the D2 classes kind of gimped in regards to some classes not having many supporting items in the Blacksmith?

No idea, never checked how many they have. They should have the D2 items / sets, and from what I hear some of those are rather OP, so I don’t think so :wink:

Hello,

For some reason, the characters are no longer showing their equipped items in the main menu for Dawn of Masteries even though Grim Internals allowed the items to be seen before for me. Their class names are also not correctly shown now either. I can’t figure out what the problem is - would anyone have any ideas? Thanks I only moved the game folder back to my ssd to play the game after a break, and suddenly, this happened

Edit - had to add the proper mod extension to the end of the shortcut it turned out!

Just wanted to say that I’m loving my Sun Seeker (Oathkeeper/Earth).

Been playing for years, much of that time with Dawn of Masteries active, but I’ve never made it far without pulling a Skyrim and rerolling yet another new character. Again. Oh, and again.

However, I have finally discovered a class I can’t get enough of. Pure fire, and a little chaos.

I’m currently annihilating 10x density Veteran mobs, with 2x Boss creatures, as if they never existed. Turning everything I come across to ashes with a carpet-bombing chaos orb absolutely rocks.

I’m nearing level 50, and I’m barely through Burrwich village.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s the random non-smart loot drops that make re-rolling another character the standard.

Well, I don’t know about other’s reasons, but for me it’s purely the fantasy of each character I want to play.

I come up with so many different ideas across so many games like this, that I rarely make it far before I get another idea and I end up on another fresh start.

Skyrim, Grim Dawn, City of Heroes, Neverwinter, Baldur’s Gate, Divinity, 7 Days to Die… the more options for custom abilities and playstyles, the less likely I am to complete a game LOL

3 Likes

I have 25 chars level 80+ and 4500 hours clocked in. Enjoy the rerolling boyz :stuck_out_tongue: there is plenty of it.

1 Like

How does a mod like that interact with Item assistant? Can I store all the new legendaries and items in IA? Is thre a way to make a seperate instance of IA inventory to use only for DoM seperate from my vanilla one?

You are better off asking this in the IA thread…

I figured that one out, but I wanted to ask - isn’t there a D3 v4.0 going on? I guess it will be added later on to this modpack. I can’t wait to try it out and get some unique builds goin on

There is but Grimer said he would release a new version ‘soon’, so I decided to wait for that, but then that was by now maybe two weeks ago and what was supposed to be a small quick fix seems to have become bigger :wink:

2 Likes

Even better - more new stuff - yey :smiley: