Dawn of Masteries

My 2 iron bits about the draconian/lizard mobs placed in game. It’s fine, but they just poof when killed. I’ve never seen to this date that they drop anything at all. I find that strange. If you’re going to introduce new monsters, why are they not also on the leveled lists for loot?

I think they’re annoying and weird, but hey /shrug, author’s entitled to put whatever he wants in HIS mod. And just beginning to learn how to use the tools, my mind is blown at how much work is involved with something like this, so huge KUDOS to you mamba, and congratulations on this monumental mod.

Go here: Grim Dawn Multiplayer

them ‘poofing’ and dropping things are completely unrelated.

They drop little because they do not equip items, so all you get is the random component every once in a while.
Those drops are rare because the mobs that were replaced by them also drop next to nothing (which is by design, I did not want to negatively influence the regular drop rate, so I replaced those monsters that already drop very little). Their drop rate is not worse than that of the mobs they replaced.

Thanks for the explanation mamba! Sorry I worded my post wrong. They are separate points I was making. But now I understand! I just found it odd that they didn’t leave a corpse when killed is all. But no worries, they don’t bother me, was just making an observation.

Now that Grimarillion has been updated to v83, is there any plan to update Dawn of Masteries?

There always is a plan, but it has no timeline, at least none I communicate.

Might also wait for the next D3 release, depending on when that is.

3 Likes

Thanks! I was just worried about the mod got abandoned.

You thought the mod might be abandoned when it was started in 2019, and got another update on July 17th of this year?

2 Likes

I hope community league content will be added someday. :pray:t4:

3 Likes

how do I get that big inventory off of the main screen or all together I really don’t like it and I’m not sure how to get rid of it or what in the mod that doing that i just want a play thru like normal grim but with extra classes
or if I cant get rid of it I guess ill deal with it
ty

You’ll have to deal with it. The amount of loot you receive in Dawn of Masteries would overwhelm the normal inventory screen within 10 minutes of normal play.

So unless you feel like returning to town to sell items, more often than actually playing the game, I’d say you should just get used to it.

to get rid of it you will have to extract the arz, make changes and build it again. If this is not stopping you, do the following

1. extract DoM and Grim UI arz files
  2. compare their content (eg via WinMerge) and remove all files from DoM that are identical
  3. for files they have in common but are different (maybe a handful), compare the Grim UI version to vanilla and undo all the Grim UI changes in DoM (while keeping the other changes)
  4. build the new arz for DoM
1 Like

I AM BACK. Bwhahahaha thought you could get rid of me. NEVA :two_hearts:
Jokes aside, man has been long. Got work as a webdev and i have been soooo busy have little time for games but gonna start Grim dawn again. Want to see the new changes guess i have to install GD again :confused: i am a lazy bugger :smiley:

Here’s a list of build guides Mod Build Compendium

1 Like

I missed a lot it seems… The defense is actually a valid first class now. Usually he only got a bit good around lvl 16 now he has a aoe skill which makes him valid. Thinking a champ with mine and see how it goes.

Are these bugs?

The fact that they have affixes ? No

help me pls

I have a question that has been buggin me for quite some time now. What exactly is the interaction between auto attack replacer and weapon proc skill?
If you have 100% WPS proc (which is easy to get), does it make AAR pointless, as there is a complete override? Or do both trigger at once, so you get AAR + WPS effect?
And the biggest boomer - if you have AAR stronger than WPS, then when WPS procs, do you actually loose damage?
Asking here bcs Im playing this mod exclusively, currenlty (what brought me here) D3 Barb + Warfare, but I have been trying to figure this out for a long time by now :slight_smile: