Dawn of Masteries

Anyone have a mod-mod or simple way to increase skill pts to 3/lv and/or raise devotion point cap?

Loving the mod.

Does loot with Cataclysm skill affixes drop from monsters/chests, or is it only available from the Cataclysm merchant? I ask because I havenā€™t found one yet and Iā€™m already level 19. Iā€™ve found items with other mastery skills, but the majority of the items drop with base Grim Dawn skill affixes.

It can drop, but it is rare. The loot tables are set up so every item has roughly the same chance (some ā€˜rounding errorsā€™ exist) across GD and all the different mods, for the tiers that exist in the vanilla loot tables. As Cataclysm has relatively few items, that is making them rather rare drops.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but whatā€™s up with the new enemies?
I updated a few weeks back and it looks like there are a lot of new random enemies spawning. Theyā€™re not in line with the basic enemies at all. The lizard guys at the beginning of the game have a lot of health compared to the zombies and from what Iā€™ve seen in other areas the new enemies seem really out of place and/or poorly balanced.
I thought this mod was just for adding the classes and the goal was to keep the gameplay experience relatively consistent with the base game (aside from the optional spawn rate increaser).

He put those in some time ago. They are from titan quest. & yes makes this game a little harder. but alot of us feel vanilla is too easy. I actually like them. Makes more variety.
But it shouldnt be too hard to start. Youre already level two when u go out the gate. I dont find it too much of a challenge myself. If I can survive then others should, since my twitch factor is quite slow.

if there is anything new spawning, you must not have updated for maybe a yearā€¦

most actually have the same stats as the monsters they share a spawn pool with

they are based on the rift scourges they share the proxies with

you can argue that they feel out of place (I tend to disagree), but most are perfectly fine for where they are

the gameplay experience is relatively consistent with the base game, you have more variety in enemies however, much like you have more variety in items and masteries

I get where youā€™re coming from but walking a short ways out from the starting town and running into lizards (and packs of them if you use spawn multipliers) is pretty annoying. These enemies deal damage that seems inconsistent with the base game and are otherwise completely out of place.
Not to mention some of the other new enemies in Act 2 that throw elemental damage+procs at you that are not consistent with the expected power level of players at that point.

I get that the numbers might make sense on paper. But going from undead with 63 HP to lizards with 371 hp in the same starting zone is not well balanced nor is it really very fun. The first 20-30 levels of a new spec are pretty boring and characters tend to underperform compared to when they start unlocking the good stuff. Forcing players to interact with sponge enemies right out the gate, and enemies that throw damage/procs at you that are inconsistent with the base experience just make things feel less fun than when the mod did not have these things.

Normal mode simply shouldnā€™t have them. Now, Ultimate mode? Heck yeah throw them in there. Thatā€™s where the incredible range of build-options should be focused. A slew of new enemies/variants that mix up damage/procs is a nice change of pace for the mode that is supposed to be super hard. But normal mode? It is really out of place in normal mode and just makes the beginning portions of the game drag on unless you spec into a decent build.

Now, I know youā€™re mostly compiling other mods and whatnot but what drew me to Dawn of Masteries over some other mods that add a whole bunch of extra content is Dawn of Masteries was, for the most part, keeping the game as vanilla as possible. It seems like it has strayed a bit since the last time I played (maybe a year ago, like you said). Kind of a bummer TBH. But I still enjoy the mod and Iā€™m going to keep going with it. I just think the new enemies arenā€™t a great addition to normal mode.

In my experience the new enemies hardly change anything at all. I still easily kill things in the early levels in normal even with the new enemies, and early levels go by quick enough you get plenty of skill points to get to a good skill in pretty much any mastery and max it pretty quickly, which tends to be all you need for the lower levels of the game.

They take maybe three hits to kill, that is no harder than a zombie soldier you can encounter there as well.

As to there being a lot with spawn multiplier, yes that can be true I guess, use hero multiplier instead then.

Not sure which ones throw elemental procs at you, I am inclined to say none, but I assume you mean the draconians. They are pretty much in line with what you can encounter by that time too. They really arenā€™t that strong, I donā€™t think I ever had trouble with any of them.

Hey, I am just getting back into Grim Dawn and was downloading DoM and the rainbow filter. I swapped my language to English (Colorful DoM) and all skills now Tag Not Found. On the default ā€œlanguageā€ it was the opposite, Items gave errors while the skills worked fine.

Any idea how to fix this?

If you install the latest DoM, specify DoM in the Custom Game, and set the latest Rainbow file (English Colorful DoM) as the language used, it should display correctly.

If a problem arises with this way, I donā€™t know what caused it.

Iā€™ll give it a shot when I get home from work. I was messing with it before I left and it seemed to work but I didnā€™t restart the game at that point again to see if it would break again. All I did was go back and forth between the languages and it fixed it at some point for now. I did download both 1.3.0 of both the mod and filter. Iā€™ll come back if I have any issues afterwards.

Just to clarify. Iā€™m not saying these new enemies are too hard. More than anything else theyā€™re just annoying. Random dragon+lizard enemies amidst packs of vanilla enemies is weird.
Iā€™ve run about 5 characters through the first two acts since updating, at this point, and I disagree with you regarding whether or not theyā€™re balanced.
At the end of the day these enemies simply are not balanced to the vanilla groups they spawn with. The boars in act 2 do not throw elemental magic and the lizards in act 1 have roughly 6x the health of undead enemies in the same areas (at least on veteran).

Youā€™re well within your right as the mod creator to like these creatures for what they offer you but all Iā€™m saying is I remember you saying you wanted to avoid adding stuff like this because you wanted to keep Dawn of Masteries focused on the masteries. Isnā€™t this why you wanted to keep the loot locked behind the dedicated vendors? It seems weird that there are random new enemy spawns thrown in the mix.

But you do you, my dude. I will still support the mod. Iā€™m just voicing my confusion because I had been under the impression for quite some time (after a couple years following things) that this mod wouldnā€™t be adding enemies and whatnot so the players could enjoy messing around with masteries with as close to a vanilla world-state as possible. Maybe I misunderstood things, maybe I am still misunderstanding things. In any case I just find the new enemies weird but theyā€™re certainly not terrible. Just weird and somewhat annoying.

I think they fit the environments I added them to, obviously. I assume that if they had always been there in vanilla already, you would not bat a lash.

dealing a different damage type has nothing to do with balance imo

As to the lizards, their health / stats are based on the rift spawns, they use the same bio file

I did not add custom changes to difficulty / spawn rate from any of the mods - outside of what can be controlled through Grimmest.

The additional mobs are just there to increase variety, I for one have seen all the standard ones often enough to not mind a few new ones (not that they stay new for long, unfortunately).

If you want to get rid of them, unpack the .arz, delete records\proxies\pools or so (also the gdx1 and gdx2) and then rebuild the .arz
That leaves the hero spawns, for thise you will need to remove them from the script lua

no, that is so the loot pool is not so diluted that you almost never find anything you want.

I did try to keep the game vanilla with the additions optional, this does not always work (eg component drops are not just the vanilla ones), the same is true for monster spawns

Well Iā€™ve said my peace on the subject and I stand by what Iā€™ve said but, like I mentioned, its your mod and Iā€™m going to continue enjoying it like I have been for a long time. It might take me a little while to get used to the new enemies but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll come around in the end.

Hello there, iā€™v been enjoing the mod for some time and recently started hunting affixed uniques, however for some reason not all type of them can be crafted (randomly). For example, in D3 blacksmith you can craft affixed weapons only for melee, not for mages or guns. Since i was playing demon hunter i was a little upset that i cant obtain affixed ranged weapons. Is there any way this can be patched or fixed, or maybe theres some guide on internet how to apply affixed legendarys in mod? I can tecnically farm a hundred legendary tokens and then ā€œtradeā€ them into a weapon i want inside grim stash but that dosnt feels good.) Thank you.

p.s. just for record, TQ smith can craft everything, tho in very big groups so big rng
GD smith have very good crafts for each category
NCFF and D2 same at TQ
Cataclysm dosnt have it at all lul

Cataclysm doesnā€™t have it because they come with affixes by default

As to D3, it should be no different from TQ, will check thatā€¦ basically any unique of level 75 or higher can have affixes, and I try to keep the pool size around 60 to 100 items so it does not become too easy

Ah i see, i didnt craft it directly just saw the option, thatk you.

Yeah my problem is basically d3 dosnt have an option for crafting ranged affixed weapons.

Hi to allā€¦I dont know if This post i am making, can be here,sorry if not ā€¦ I didnt knew where to put it in this web page of the modā€¦
I am Searching players to play cooperative with meā€¦I am on steam. my steam is DƉMIAN from argentina and my avatar is an M on fire of the sign of scorpio.
You can add me ! Thx !