Dear Crate, about shattered realm...

I GET IT. Like a build capable of getting ALL POSSIBLE skill points/attributes available to the player.

Because you don’t necessarily need a SR+++++ build to do that.

That’s certainly a great point.

Maybe Zantai can shed some light on the issue. If 170 is equivalent to SR 60, what would SR 25 be equivalent to?

Once we can have a rough idea of this equivalency, then we might have more information to determine whether or not such a new tag is warranted.

What do you lot make of this?

Btw, on SC how does dying affect SR?

Is it you die once and you get 1 less chest regardless of how many shards you complete?
Is it you die once in a particular shard level, but complete the next shard without dying and no penalty for the first death?
Is it you get less chests/loot depending upon your number of deaths?
Or is it something else?

From my (limited) experience, if you die just once, you loose 1 chest with very good rewards, 1 guaranteed legendary, and 1 guaranteed crafting mat.

Edit : also, one interesting thing to note is that this chest is also present in Elite, so clearing Shards in Elite at a high level is potentially more rewarding than clearing low level Shards and sometimes dying in Ultimate.

Hmmmm. Didn’t notice this. Or I just don’t know how the chests look like. I thought as long as the timer doesn’t end the loot is all the same.

If you die on HC youre out of the game and put intro Grey world forever. In SC there is no penalty. Im not sure why ppl think of SR as a place to farm. At SR<50 you gain almost nothing except guaranteed set. At SR50-65 rewards are inferior to what you can find in vanilla. If you can do SR75 you probably don`t need any loot at all .:eek: Compare that to Crucible 130-150 runs that you can do with faction gear on non-meme classes w/o any risk . And you have additional benefits of rerolling dupes in Crucible, so its not even close for farming potential.

I’m all for a new tag on the compendium. the current tags stay, and then we’ll have sr++ for those who go deeper, like 80+. Better take this matter to the compendium thread tho so veretragna can think about it.

Not if you revive it with GDstash :stuck_out_tongue:

In SC there is no penalty.
Im not sure why ppl think of SR as a place to farm. At SR&lt;50 you gain almost nothing except guaranteed set. At SR50-65 rewards are inferior to what you can find in vanilla. If you can do SR75 you probably dont need any loot at all .:eek: Compare that to Crucible 130-150 runs that you can do with faction gear on non-meme classes w/o any risk .

Because new content = farming more :stuck_out_tongue:

Cruci is still the superior farming mode if you’re purely looking for efficiency. More builds that can farm, flexible time schedule, and if you wanna minmax movements there’s a pretty rigid method of clearing it very efficiently. Unlike realms where when Grava spawns it’s a kitefest :rolleyes:

Wait, so if you are playing SC, then there is no penalty to dying in SR, none at all?

That is interesting.

And yeah, I still find Crucible better for farming.

Unless you run out of time. When you die the timer still runs (so you must come back immediately) and if it runs out you lose loot.

Oh? Maybe I did mistake it with the timer chest. Or worse, I missed a chest! Happened to me a couple time.

So the timer is the only thing that matters?

Even less RNG to use a double-magic + resistance pot than an impossible double-rare. (except with GDStash, ofc).

Sometimes it feels like items have arbitrary resistances. Some sets and collections are better distributed than others.

I get that TC is juggling items…so no opinion on the matter.

Pretty much.

TBF you could still get RNG’d with rough boss spawns which you just can’t outplay or something. Most SC farming groups attempt to rush them down and focus one, and if I recall if anyone dies in there all bosses recover 100% life.

So, died and timer ran to 0 on Shard 80 when I completed it.

This was the reward:

I lost 2 chests. Is one for dying and the other for the timer?

I thought Zantai said in other thread about SR cannot be compared on difficulty level with Crucible,cause 150-170 is like 60 on SR and above is without comparing.It was last week and don’t remember in which thread:o.Also I suppose he meant Crucible with buffs.

from my (HC) experience, even sr30-40 can be worse than gladi 150-170. in cruci good preparation is encouraged and rewarded. you can get all the buffs/towers and prepare for their very predictable spawns, use good positioning to avoid attacks…

in sr its just rng, you get a shit boss combination its basically a autobail unless you are running a imba s&b tank/pet build. i no doubt sr balance will eventually be fine tuned well but for now outside of getting the guaranteed sr set and that funny eyeball chest its just meh…

Perhaps I mispoke, but I was referring to a comparison between SR 25 and crucible.

Surely it must be possible for such a comparison to be drawn if we can equate 170 to SR 60?

EDIT: And there’s absolutely no way in hell 170 with buffs and banners = SR 60.

It’s probably at most SR 50.

No way is 150-170 comparible to SR 60, more like naked squishy build at 150-170 compared to SR60.

The 4 buffs and banner make crucible a breeze compared to some of the insane combos you get at SR 60 with your base build and no help as well.

Haven’t tried to reach that far yet, however in SR there are mobs that can remove your auras. That alone is very deadly.

Yup. it’s called nullify. Arcane mobs, and grava can do it.

Basically, when grava throws his arms up in the air like he’s surrendering, he’s actually about to nullify you

He is throwing his red balls at you. They nullify. Balls can be lured intro terrain when they go puff. (if you can see them, i can`t see them in abyss at all)