Death Summary [Linux / Underking Advice]

Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way to see my character’s stats upon getting bonked by surprises – specifically a death summary of perhaps the name of the thing(s) that bonked me or the damage type or what the last hit did numerically (kinda like how much it overspilled my max HP so I can learn if its multi hits or a crit hit) or which debuff I had on me when bonked.

My hope is to learn better and do differently, but I find myself having a hard time zeroing in on the causal relationship. I guess I could do pre-research but I’d hope to avoid the spoilers that come with that path. I mostly play HC (presently 1200hrs in) and really enjoy the reward for being a cautious player. Don’t mind the highstakes of going blind and being bonked a few times and pay the price for misplaying, so I just wanted to ask if there was a way for us to see those types of information.

FoA has come out swinging with a great many changes and I find myself pleasantly surprised by most, and dismayed by how abruptly I’ve being bonked from 100 to 0 (which to reiterate that thats okay by me, its HC, live by the sword - die by the sword lol). But I hope to learn a bit more each time so the next reroll I will be slightly wiser or at least less stupid.

A graveyard of a handful of level 100s and my own ignorance is making me a lil T__T.

I could perhaps roll SC to test the waters first and learn that way but I hoped to experience the thrill of surprise and stakes firsthand. And I guess I could also do pre-research or post research but that comes with spoiler territory.

Thank you for the awesome expansion!

TL;DR - Death Summary - a request for stats of the last moments of your characters journey, to learn and to do more and to do better, in the next life.
i.e. dmg type or numerical overspill or name of cause or map/alter stats or just ability to see own stats, etc. Anything really. If nowhere else, in HC would be lovely, as the price of effort is costly, but down to pay it everytime lol

2 Likes

Please check this out. It’s a great tool.

2 Likes

Omg awesome! Ty for the link!
I gotta see if they have any linux compatibility or anything comparable. Currently using steam’s Proton port to play GD on my operating system, and I currently do not possess the whereabouts to even start doing addons or hook inplemenation within that space haha

Good to know the possibility and the existence!

Hi!

So… I’ve yet to figure out how to use the addon suggested in terms of integrating it on my system (Zorin OS, Linux/Ubuntu – running GD thru Proton/Steamplay) and have been putting it off ><"
I’ve tried searching the Guides/Tutorial section to see if someone smarter has some guidance but I didn’t readily find one, unless I missed it. If y’all know of any please feel free to point me in the right direction! tyty

I’ve now lost 4 lvl100 in HC to I believe the same guy (Underking). I’ve made adjustments in my defenses each time, and been cautiously downgrading my farming to Elite and only 3 itty bitty things in altar, something thats been successfully done many dozens of time. But I find myself one shotted in this mode, on a build(s) i’ve successfully farmed in Ultimate and occassionally Asc with no particular problems. (The moment I figure out where the gdc files are stored on Proton I can upload to grimtools). I’d like to loosely ask what I could be doing better to address my Underking problem, its all possible that I am misplaying the crap out of it, or is the nemesis just extra punchy?

TL;DR - Requesting advice on Underking and how to not get instabonked. Requesting any guidance on using mods in Linux GD (thru Proton/SteamPlay) so I can better see my mistakes.

‘we do what we can, with what we got, in all the ways we’ve learned how to, over time and time again’

Thanks! p.s. apologies if in wrong forum section. will move it if so!

~/.local/share/Steam/userdata/<your steam ID>/219990/remote/save/main/ if cloud saves are enabled

use protontricks to run 3rd party Windows programs in a specific Steam game prefix. Overlays may be extra complicated though.

1 Like

My hero. thanks! Didn’t realize it saved on a different partition (local) than the one i usually use for steam storage.

and +1 on complication. honestly unsure how to use hook api implementation in my current environment. but I’ll keep chipping away!

as promised: one of the toons that got bonked in downgraded Elite (3 itty bitty on Altar). Build incomplete due to her untimely demise. this is on regular public version, no playtest server.

& the last screenshot before I went to go grieve lol (you can see on the mini map how far Underking was from me):

Underking has 2½ attacks to watch out for
Rock throw; avoid, you can see it coming, big sidestep since it splinters on impact(don’t try to build tot no move from it unless you actually have Mirror/Blade Barrier). - he stops using it at close range, but he can track you while moving in from range. So either bait it out then move in, or be very sure he didn’t/wasn’t about to trigger it while you’re moving in
Other attack is poison spurt fountain, he does a lil stomp and there’s a green shower, just dont’ stand in it/do a lil sidestep.
^which then follows on his death, he has a poison pool you should step out of quickly

1 Like

Ooohhh I see. My over abundance of caution and retreating linearly got me huh. Bummer, as I live and learn lol
Thanks! I’ll keep medium distance and zigzag a bit next time, in the next life :slight_smile:

p.s. what does ‘tot’ stand for in this context?
edit: Oh, im assuming its ‘dont try to build not to…’* which would make sense in my head. And yes, totes, a sound advice. ty

Focus on the ball, it’s what kills. Dash away at a safer distance, mind the secondary projectiles.
Also high DA is crucial, but it concerns all high tier bosses.

If ranged, just dodge the ball.
If melee, you can facetank to the point degen turns unbearable, then gtfo to recover. Wait for him to throw, don’t rush. Rinse and repeat.

Mind he’s very tricky in tight spaces. Better log out if on HC, but it’s up to you.

1 Like