Demonslayer Phantasmal Blade Reaper - ~220k sheet dps

Tried running your set up - Got oneshotted by IM in wave 125. :confused:
Oneshoted? She never do more that 7k Dmg per charge.

No, I suppose I don’t.

What I do do (ha…doo doo) is to test the limits of the build. Find out what I can safely do, and what I can’t safely do. And that involves me doing reckless things in the beginning.

But…I don’t know…I feel like I can get as much RR as the devotion pathing you and ptir are both pushing for by doing this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqanl5Z

Admittedly, the damage output won’t be as great. What do you think?

I don’t know. I’ll do more rigorous testing.

I’m mostly just lazy/contented with my get up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Try https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BGK0JV this setup. Il omen with binded Ratosh kill all trash. PB+Fiend should keep you at full life all the time.

I feel like that build has too many greens…T_T

I suppose I can recycle my grava pants from my breaker, but the shoulders…

Also, why not 12/12 decay?

Looks nice, how it will preform as witch hunter?

Not as good I think. Because:

1. No MoT as a defensive skill.

2. With the coming DA nerfs, you won’t be able to go pox heavy for effective OA debuff

3. The flat acid damage from dreeg’s blood isn’t as beneficial as that of bone harvest

4. Cold --> Vit conversion on hat is wasted.

As one who’s tried both. I prefer Witch Hunter over Reaper

You, sir/ma’am, have piqued my curiosity. May I ask for the link please? Bear in mind the following series of questions/counterarguments is just my way of understanding your rationale - it’s by no means an attempt to be confrontational. :stuck_out_tongue:

When you say prefer - in what context? Campaign, crucible, etc.?

In my mind, I can’t see how/why (though I could very well be wrong, biased, or both). In addition to the aforementioned reasons I provided:

• Instant RR from spectral wrath > CoF
  • More HP from spectral binding
  • 25% dmg reduction from decay.
  • More lifesteal from siphon souls.
  • OA debuff from pox can be matched by bloodboil

The biggest advantage of running occultist would be the %damage absorption from possession - but I can’t see how that would more useful than Mark of Torment in the crucible.

You also lose out on the DA bonus from master of death.

In addition, with appropriate greens providing sufficient OA/DA, running necro will allow you to spec to Harbinger of Souls for more cast speed.

Green. :slight_smile:

I;m building a cold PB for example without transmuter and picking Witch blade for extra RR and because for a mobile build WB is just easier and more compact for this type of build.

It’s not to say one is necessarily better than the other, they play different

Yeah >_> Ingame green/Blues pants and shoulders for Vitality builds suck=( You dont need exact double-rare, just settle with Bloodletter of something good, or something good of Insight.
I tried both Decay and Il omen, Il omen is muuuch better on non-CDR build. Permanent 28%phyz redaction to every enemy on the screen is realy good. When you bind Ratosh to it, Il omen allone clear most trash :smiley:

Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post

• Instant RR from spectral wrath > CoF or actual instant RR on demand instead of having to be hit yourself first to proc spectral wrath
  • More HP from spectral binding > or 12% dmg absorb
  • 25% dmg reduction from decay.> Fair enough
  • More lifesteal from siphon souls.> Not very strong with a non dedicated siphon build. Personally i wouldn’t waste skill points there on a PB build
    -…> has blood of dreeg which means another mobile heal spell(it is really nice when you have two) and 12% phys res

Necro selling points are MoT, SW and Il omen. Autocasting RR debuff that allow us to cast undisrupted and do enough dmg to clear trash- priceless. 10 seconds of 50% dmg absorbtion with Aeon - priceless :smiley: Nothing in Ocultist came close to this stuff.

I’d be interested in seeing how this pans out fluff. If you ever get around to recording a crucy gamplay video of it, and don’t plan on posting it, may I trouble you for a PM?

P.S. thoughts on manticore over DG for more RR?

Sry but my feedback is bast on gameplay not only numbers:p

WH feels more streamlined for PB, especially in my case where i’m doing cold dmg and I really don’t want Aeon inmy devotions (firs way better for vitality I know) and i’m quite tired of this combo too as much as I like MoT (I advertised this quite a bit with my aether SS reaper you know :stuck_out_tongue: ). Not trying to diss anything, Necro mastery is insanely powereful but it’s just how I feel in this particular case.

@sir spanksalot - sure you mean the vit build or cold one? I’m only just leveling the cold guy atm to get a good feel for it. I do plan on posting it. If WH turns out to not work and the only way is 2x MoT I will then post it as cold PB reaper and that is that :smiley:

I’ll take what I can get fluff! :stuck_out_tongue:

Really curious to watch the gameplay in action. Maybe it’s bad habits on my part from playing my breaker so much, and having gotten too used to facetanking with impunity, I’m struggling to make the DPS reaper work.

Yeah >_> Ingame green/Blues pants and shoulders for Vitality builds suck=( You dont need exact double-rare, just settle with Bloodletter of something good, or something good of Insight.
I tried both Decay and Il omen, Il omen is muuuch better on non-CDR build. Permanent 28%phyz redaction to every enemy on the screen is realy good. When you bind Ratosh to it, Il omen allone clear most trash

Also, forgot my manners - thanks so much for the input ptir

Now that I think of it 2x mot + BB in between and PB lifesteal should also allow for some impunity. It’s basically what I do with my SS aether reaper and I’m by no means much tankier. Ohter than adding some intermittent kiting from time to time you should be able to do it. You just need the damage to pull it off in time

I stand corrected fluff, and ptir. Totally made the DPS route work. Edited OP to include the changes. Thanks so much for the input mates.

Yay, another corrupted soul in our DPS-junkies ranks :smiley: Mission complete :wink:

Hahaha. What soul? :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue:
BTW do you realy need that dumb spirit? You can drop it for Nether edge, put one point in MoT, as it provide increasing returns, put one point inro EA for free resistance. Or you can invest in anatomy of murderer to push OA a little. LIke https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jOj6mV this. Seal of night for extra OA punch. With 100%+ crit dmg every point of OA is scarce.