Demonslayer WH showcase - 364k DPS unbuffed/unbannered/unprocced - 170 stomper

GT link: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zoY6kV
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZEhDee50T8&feature=youtu.be

My thanks to my awesome GD friends who tolerate my incessant badgering.
Special shoutout to Fluff and Ptir for taking such a huge interest in my first Demonslayer build.

Preface
I must admit that I coped out with this build. I’m personally trying to clear 170 with every class combination in as creative a manner as I can. However, as ABCbarbaque has pointed out - the witch hunter is arguably one of the hardest classes to pilot in 150-170.

Like ABCbbq, I’ve spent hours trying to create a 170 viable poison WH. But UNLIKE him/her, I failed miserably to do so.

I take my hat off to you ABC. What you accomplished is truly impressive. In my frustration/inadequacy, I resorted to GDstashing 4 near unattainable greens, and threw on the Demonslayer set. However, I do sincerely believe this build CAN be done with cheaper item options.

On a separate note, I must also apologize to Ohador. In the previous Reaper variant (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVl3r6b2), he had asked if I believed the WH to be a viable alternative, to which I incorrectly said no to. :eek:

The demonslayer WH is more than viable in 170. :rolleyes:

Offence

1. 3.4k OA, +58% crit damage with hungering void
  2. Absurd amounts of flat damage
  3. 190% cast speed
  4. -86% RR
  5. +32% damage to humans

All said and done, we are looking at a high of 640k dps with buffs/banners and all procs up.

Defence

1. ~3k DA
  2. ~-200 OA debuff
  3. 14.2k hp, 1.9k armor, 23% phys res
  4. Insane lifesteal
  5. Possession
  6. 22% dodge, 30% fumble

Comparing the reaper and the WH
Firstly, I am inclined to believe that they are both top tier builds. What the WH offers in sheer DPS, the reaper more than makes up for with defense (MoT + BB chaining).

Personally, I would use the reaper in HC, and the WH in SC.

Devotion pathing

1. Purple crossroad --> Jackal, Viper, Eel
  2. Green crossroad --> Bat, Quill, Hawk, Lantern, Manticore --> Spec out of Quill or Hawk
  3. Blue, and yellow crossroad --> Panther, Watchtower --> Spec out of yellow crossroad
  4. Rattosh, DG, 1st node of Revenant

Note: I personally opted to go with quill as I felt my OA was more than adequate, and wanted to bolster my DA. Feel free to do w/e with that leftover devotion point if you chose hawk instead. Toad is another viable alternative to quill for more flat damage and lifesteal

Cheaper Gearing options
Here it is: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDLE9QZ

Levelling
Pox + Night’s chill

Thanks for reading the guide/build showcase! Would love to hear the community’s suggestions for making this build less gear dependent.

How to avoid spending stat points on spirit
Do note that many affixes give spirit, and you can essentially ‘save’ attribute points by using devotion nodes to artificially increase your spirit level so that you can first equip your gear. This will grant you the provided spirit bonus. You can then spec out of these devotion nodes once your item has been equipped to spend them elsewhere.

For example, being the cheap asian bastard that I am, I spend 3 devotion points on the 1st nodes of:

• Crane
  • Owl
  • Rat

I then dump enough points into spirit so that it exceeds the highest gear-spirit requirement by about 55-60 before removing devotion points from the nodes mentioned above. This is done 1 at a time to ensure that my spirit never drops below that of my gear requirement.

Hey,

GJ here. But I must say i’ve found PB WH quite easy to pilot and compact unlike reaper. I love Occultist sandbox.

Both Bleed PB WH and cold variant were relatively easy in crucible especially the latter.

I think it is harder with spam cause you have to stand in one place to “channel” your main skill

Couldn’t have done this build without yours and ptir’s help in refining the reaper.

Not going to lie - I’ve had several ball-dropping experiences when I get hit simultaneously by 2x reapers. (Have yet to die once in about 8x runs though)

Is spamming truly harder? I find that the very reliable lifeleech from PB spam to be quite the life saver. But I’ll take your word for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just guessing as to why one would say PB WH with vit would be harder.

Cold PB is full life in one cast and huge burst, can reposotion each time. Bleed one is cheese. Idk, as long as you on’t get burst too much at once ViT PB should be easy, like a DE build but faster

That makes complete sense. I’ve seen the video of your cold PB.

I completely believe you when you say it’s viable. (Just barely so, though. :p)

Next up: Chaos PB using conduit of night whispers + harbinger set. :rolleyes:

Well, from ABCbarbecue’s build he probably meant acid/poison wh is one of the hardest classes to pilot. Not just wh.

Viable is a low standard. It’s more than viable:p The only “downside” is expensive gear to be well on top.

It’s also a bitch to do PB with lag. I even had a few PB and Nidalla Outbreak lame misses in the vid

Edit: I’m trying to figure out the kill time on your build. This guys should do 150-170 in 7 min or under:eek: First reason would probably be not having manticore

Gordon Ramsay in the house! Chopping those monsters like onions, only no tears shed.

But seriously, with those builds you gonna get PB nerfed.

You know I’m just messing with ya right fluff? Your builds are top notch.

@mad_lee: Is it THAT overpowered? Look at you with your damn totems

I have done 170 with acid/poison auto-attack+SS WH, but like everyone said, it is harder to play though. Even with high physical resistance thanks to dual blades buff and aspect of the guardian, you can still get bursted easily and multiple nemesis give you hard time.

PB caster should be easier to play and I think it is the top tier build for Witch Hunter currently. Will try to make one and see how OP phantasmal blade is. Yours and fluff’s build should be a great reference.

BTW, gratz for the build!! looks really fun to play.

PS: don’t let RnG ruin your fun… :wink:

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Mind PM-ing me a link of your autoattacking build? Would also love to use it as a frame of reference. :slight_smile:

You’re absolutely right fluff. I’ll do a test run without wendigo, and opt for manticore. Thanks again for the suggestion

You don;t need to drop Wendigo:)

Drop bat instead and quill, point from revenant and green crossroads, get hawk and manticore.

Bat provide better DPS boost that Wendigo. Dunno why he need quil - hawk is better. I would use https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR4zrv2 this devotion setup.

DpS boost? Unless it’s on RE or PB it’s not that reliable. On this build it’s just heals, and Wendigo can do it very well too on CoF

OFC Bat on PB - it proc every time it hit.44%WD +300 flat vitality per second is big deal.
Bat on PB, Void on RoS, Manticore on plague, Ratosh on CoF onepointer.

Wouldn’t we need to get spider to get enough greens for Rattosh? :eek:

Nop, get scholar light+hawk

[OFC Bat on PB - it proc every time it hit.44%WD +300 flat vitality per second is big deal. Bat on PB, Void on RoS, Manticore on plague, Ratosh on CoF onepointer.[/QUOTE]"]OTE=Ptirodaktill;641138]OFC Bat on PB - it proc every time it hit.44%WD +300 flat vitality per second is big deal. Bat on PB, Void on RoS, Manticore on plague, Ratosh on CoF onepointer.[/QUOTE]](OTE=Ptirodaktill;641138)

nah rattosh on PB is too good to get a reliable head start on nemeses with rr. Especially with Kuba. You can do absolutely insane times

However, bat or wendigo, this build should be super fast. It doesn’t depend on one or the other

What with Wendigo obsession? The only relevant node is 5%health and 10% less dmg from beasts. The proc is nearly useless as it dont do dmg against big boys and you don’t need “healing” against trash with PB build.

nah rattosh on PB is too good to get a reliable head start on nemeses with rr. Especially with Kuba. You can do absolutely insane times

Can put it on Sigil onepointer? More reliable activation, Wendigo level “healing” :smiley:

Yep, or pox.

But like I said, either or, the build should be beast. Whatever one likes :slight_smile: