[Deprecated] [Mod] Mapping/Rifting is coming to GD (First WanezMod)

ignore it :stuck_out_tongue:

Now the file is fine, thanks

maybe the wrong program… I could make a .rar if that helps

Hey WareBare. can I include your mod in my compilation? Also. did you include the working directory?

Zip File are empty :S

Just got this working and I’m loving it! Obviously still rough around the edges, but really like where you’re going with it. Can’t wait for more content.

Sure you can, but with daily updates and directories still changing it is going to be a pain :wink: I wont upload the working dir until a more stable version with less frequent updates, because the source folder alone is 160mb, and growing the more content Im adding to it. The *.map sources are HUGE, they are 155mb of the 160mb :smiley: and it cannot go without them since thats 90% of the mod, well maybe 70% the script is doing most of the work.

Thanks, and yes still too much to do :slight_smile:

The download script isnt working as intended for some of you, browser security may stop a script that starts a download and latency could have something to do with it as well. Because its working fine for me.
Ill upload it somewhere else, it just saved time. All I had to do was click a button and it was uploading the folder, the script will do the rest and zip it. Now I have to pack it myself, upload it and update the download link :smiley:

EDIT:
Its on google now, too :wink:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4sYJ89yWqf_NENVMzNVaW90QUk

Monsters are supposed to chaoticly attack each other?

Hello WareBare

Been playing your mod a bit and enjoyed it :slight_smile:

I know the mod is in early development but I thought I would share my playsession experience with you anyway.

I noticed that it can be a little difficult to see how much of the map you have explored with the overlay map in Map01 - sand and water. Don’t know if you can do anything about that? :slight_smile:

In Map02 Hills and water, it seems the water around the edges of the map is not being visualised correctly. I experienced when I ran in the water that I could not see the water.

Other than that I was thinking if you are planning to make a difference in the appearance of the common currency I + II etc. so you can tell the difference in the bags?

About iron bits are you planning to implant iron drops from monsters? chests with iron? iron from quest reward? or should you only get iron from selling loot? I see that you already increased the sell value of the loot significantly.

Lastly I have a question about the endless DGA.
In the current version of the mods Endless DGA it has only one level with a portal bringing you back to the start of the level you just cleared. Are you working on that portal will bring you to lvl 2 of that map etc.? Or is the design philosophy to make you portal back out and talk to the NPC to open a new “endless” map when you have cleared a map?

That you for your time creating this cool mod :slight_smile:

thats all grim dawn… I probably change it, since the strongest are staying alive and everything else is dead when you get there :smiley: and sometimes heroes are fighting each other and you can just stand there and use a few skills, not exactly what its supposed to do.

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

And I appreciate it, there would otherwise be no reason to upload a BETA version :wink:

I could, but frankly the difficulty about that Area was to make it confusing this way, while an indoor Area (crypt) is confusing in the way to find the right path (although the dead ends are pretty short for now), for outdoor Areas (like 01 and 02) I have to find something else. If people dont like it, it will be the only one of its kind :). I want to find out what the community enjoys the most and add more different Areas of that type.

Ill look into it, thanks.

Yes I was :slight_smile: I can do it for 0.1.1.

I plan on adding a lot more different quests to it. Chests are on my todo aswell and so are breakables. The Currency drops are supposed to be usable for more than just Gear upgrades. I plan on making something where you can gamble your currency for either relics or get something else out of it like an item you can vendor for a lot of iron. Not sure what to add to the gambling system or if its even possible, but thats the idea.
And I didnt change anything about sell value, might be a side effect of something else and monster should still be able to drop iron. I only removed compontents from the monster loottables and gave them the currency tables instead.
EDIT: you can vendor the currency as well, should give you 1k iron

The portal is bringing you back to the start, there is a trigger that should spawn new monsters (+1 to tier) therefore making it endless. But its supposed to go accross multiple different levels in the future, randomly picked each time. For the time beeing Endless wont despawn, you dont kill monsters they’ll be there the next round (at least until you die), and you can get new monsters to spawn by using the portal to get back to the trigger at the start. The portal has to be used or it wont reset the variable to determine if the trigger can be triggered.

Just change their faction and thats it. Set it to Outlaws for example.

Thanks, I had no idea it would be that simple and since I plan on making a new faction DGA monsters would have that change regardless.

Getting excited deep inside but cannot use my pc. Ugh

Keep it up warebare! I just notice some few great mod in working!

WareBare wrote:

I plan on adding a lot more different quests to it. Chests are on my todo aswell and so are breakables. The Currency drops are supposed to be usable for more than just Gear upgrades. I plan on making something where you can gamble your currency for either relics or get something else out of it like an item you can vendor for a lot of iron. Not sure what to add to the gambling system or if its even possible, but thats the idea.
And I didnt change anything about sell value, might be a side effect of something else and monster should still be able to drop iron. I only removed compontents from the monster loottables and gave them the currency tables instead.
EDIT: you can vendor the currency as well, should give you 1k iron

I just did a new test run on the endless DGA and I understand the concept now. Thank you for the explanation :slight_smile:

About iron and selling price, something is off compared to the original game. You get a lot of iron from selling rare and epic items (see attached images). Maybe a little too much IMO :slight_smile:

Hehe, I guess its obvious to me since I made it, but I understand the confusion about it, I place the first pack far enough away so they dont start attacking during loading screens or buffing and dont cause unnecessary lags on the first load, but because of that you wont notice them respawning. I added a UI Notification, this way you will know when you spawned new monsters.

I believe I found the issue… merchants are capped at what they are allowed to pay for your loot, and that value was pretty high :smiley: I used the original values, should be fine with 0.1.1.

Once again having a blast so far. Not sure if intentional or if I’m being dense, but I don’t see potions at any of the merchants. Would be a big plus in my mind!

I honestly forgot about them :smiley:

Update: v0.1.1 (BETA)

• Merchants now have Potions for you

• Merchants wont pay you as much Iron Bits as they did before for items

• Monsters won’t fight each other

• DGA Monsters belong to a new Faction, killing them grants reputation for a new DGA Faction, but at a much lower rate

• Icon and Name changes for Currency/Essences

• several other fixes

• Monsters will now spawn properly

• DGA Layouts will now be picked properly

I intended to add new Areas but that spawn issue was too annoying :smiley:

Hey Ware, I think you may have mixed something up in the blacksmith. I can convert Old Book Pages to either 3 or 30 Lesser Essences, and the difference is only 300 vs. 3000 iron (negligible). Similar with Strange Substance (1 vs. 10 essences). Really looking forward to the next tier of items being implemented :slight_smile:

Ok its not working, probably because its a component… the amount is set to 10 are required, was supposed to speed up the conversion. Give 10 currency and get 10 essences.
At first I thought its a display bug, since it says I can craft 32 using the old recipe and only 3 with the new one, but clicked on it and didnt work, so I guess clicking 32 times it is :smiley:

Loving the mod so far!

I don’t know if I’m missing something, but killing Kilrian doesn’t seem to finish the “Kill a DGA Boss” step of the quest.