[DEV] Lost Treasures

This error is in DAIL only I think because some of the chests doesn’t have the scritps onremovedfromworld.

The devs named the chest jaggedwaste but they might have changed the location of this chest later.
It could be on Act 3, you can look on the wiki :
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/One-Shot_Chest

Act 3 Locations

[ul]
[li]Tyrant’s Hold - guarded by Bloodfeast the Ruthless[/li]> [li]The Conflagration - guarded by Herald of the Flame[/li]> [li]Rotting Croplands - Located as part of the Hidden Wealth side-quest[/li]> [li]Royal Hive - can spawn randomly in the sub-areas Skittering Den and Hive Queen’s Lair[/li]> [li]Darkvale Gate - Karroz’s Chest, in the 2nd level Boss Room and guarded by Karroz, Sigil of Ch’thon[/li]> [/ul]

Looking at the database it’s a locked chest, so it must be guarded by a boss.
The dev talked about it here.
Could it be the one in Tyrant’s hold ?

I just ran 15 chests and my game crashed with no spawns :frowning: Anyway, it looks like a speed run (not really stopping to kill things, not stopping to talk to random people on battle.net, etc) would take me ~1 hr for 20 chests, which isn’t quite as bad as I thought - though it is a lot of running around, not much combat.

I think Tyrant’s Hold is 07.

There are a couple of bosses in caves around the Jagged Wastes, etc… does one of them have a chest I’ve simply never noticed? That would be embarrassing! Or Mogara?

I didn’t get a spawn for 03 either, perhaps I’m blind or that’s another DAIL issue.

03 seems to have it’s script in DAIL, it’s in Ominous lair.
Also the wiki says about this chest :

also has a chance to spawn in the Abandoned Storerooms section of the Underground Transit, beyond a breakable wall, or even outside of the Lair.

07 seems to have something to do with the quest “sacrifice” and Isaac :
here we can see on the script :
“-- Isaac is discovered in a cultist cellar where he was in the process of being sacrificed. Before he dies, he tells you where he had hidden a valuable stash”.
Maybe in Cultist lair http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Cultist’s_Lair ?

Ooh, Isaac… his stash drops the shoulders!

… tested and, yeah, that’s it. I spent all this time thinking about chests that dropped an epic. I never even considered Isaac’s stash because it just drops the MI. I feel a little dumb!

It is possible I don’t know all the 03 spawn locations or side areas (I know big “secret” one, but there may be others). I haven’t been able to locate a map with all the locations circled. Perhaps my Google-fu is also bad!

I still think it might feel better if it hit 100% chance to spawn by about 15 chests or so, but I can respect wanting players to have to search all over the damn place for the lost treasures! Obviously if it was a flat 10% or ramped up too quickly I’d only farm the easiest chest(s).

Edit: also the counter gets stuck at 15 - “You have killed 15 treasure guardians !” repeated for #16 and #17. Does that influence the chance to spawn the ultimate?

As usual Okami, I really like your additions to improve end-game :slight_smile:

There’s just a fundamental problem with the current way for how Lost Treasures work.
The player is required to traverse the world in one session to kill as many treasure bosses as possible to trigger a guardian to spawn. But the engine fills up towards the memory limit very quickly when you visit many areas in one session.

For example I’ve killed 9 treasure bosses currently and my game is already at 2.9GB memory used. At around 3.5GB it will crash and I will lose all progress.
I’ve tested several sessions on my level 98 stormcaller and it always ends up with the same result, bordering on the crash limit and with no guardian spawned yet.

Edit:

“You have killed 10 treasure guardians.” Memory is now at 3.2GB roughly - I can maybe try max two more one-shot areas before the game will crash.

Omega mod doesn’t have this problem in comparison, since the possible spawns for the nemesis bosses are fewer so you can easily farm one or more per session without reaching the limit.

Oh, I didn’t know it would use this much memory!That’s really strange, the script is only 7 ko and it only track a few variables.
I must change this in the next update (also I need to improve some skills given by items).
I am not a programmer and don’t know lua very well, I don’t know why it uses this much memory and if there is a way to use less.
I will remove all the “print” function in lua and start the bonus at 4% in the meantime.Next version should be uploaded tonight or tomorrow with these few changes.

It’s not your script, but the game engine itself. Every time you switch areas, it adds to the memory stack that it uses. So when a player goes in search of treasure guardians they visit many one-shot chest areas and it fills up towards the limit very fast :stuck_out_tongue:
Not to mention that places like Sot/BoC are adding to the limit more quickly than other areas. It’s really too bad that the engine is 32-bit. It’s even worse in multiplayer since as host it uses even more memory than in single player.

I would suggest changing how the boss spawn-system works, basically anything that doesn’t force the player to traverse around 15-20 areas to grab all guardians in one session.
Perhaps the boss can be spawned via items that a player can get every time they kill a treasure guardian? (a bit similar to how you did with guaranteed empowered nemesis spawn in Omega) That way they can safely end the session before memory limit is reached - and retain the progress.

Example: I kill 10 guardians and I get 10 tokens. I need 30 tokens to get guaranteed boss spawn. So I can restart session/game to clear memory and get more tokens until I reach 30. Then somehow trigger the boss spawn event (like you did with Omega quest giver).

I was lucky this time and got him in singleplayer after 13 guardians with 3.1gb memory used (but only green/normal loot :frowning: ).

Lost Treasures 0.32
Greatly reduced script size to 3,72 ko.
This may reduce the memory used by the game but I don’t know why the engine is working that way or/and if it will be patched later.

Minor changes to LT items and skills.
Increased spawn bonus in this order:
4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,18,23,34,48,73,98,100 (above that it’s always 100)

Lost Treasures 0.32

Ok I will think about this for next version.For example I could give an invisible token to player after 10 kills.When Ultimate guardian is spawned the token reset.

Increased again chance to spawn.Now set at 100% on killing the 10th treasure guardian:
Lost Treasures 0.33

Does that also mean 100% chance on the 11th and 12th too? A nice change, I can skip 3-4 I hate going for, and 1 in an area that seems to cause me game crashes more often than other places.

Hopefully this will make it into the next version of DAIL.

yes all treasures guardians after 10th will have a 100% chance to spawn Ultimate treasure guardian (max 3 per session).

Already is. :smiley:

Hi again Okami! Thanks as usual for your great addition to Grim Dawn end-game!

I have some feedback (playing on my 99 stormcaller, DAIL). Not sure if this boss is part of Lost Treasures or Omega, apologies in advance if it’s the wrong thread.

Today I got an orb from killing Empowered Zantarin which told me to go to the Black Sepulcher crypt in Necropolis and open the secret chest there to spawn a special boss (Hoss something, using Sentinel model/AI).
This guy…

He runs like Usain Bolt (former world champion of sprinting), has gazillions of hp and one-shotted me nearly (13k in one normal hit!). I’m not sure how it’s even possible to beat a boss like this. Also when I died he healed to full. There’s no point doing bosses like this for a player, it’s nearly impossible and requires a lot of time invested, and you lose everything when you get pretty much 1-shotted due to him healing. Kiting is completely impossible for non-tank builds. Even empowered Fabious and Ultimate Treasure Guardian are easier than this guy, by a lot.
I think it needs some tweaking and major nerfing! :eek: I want your bosses to be a challenge, but when it’s borderline impossible it loses its luster :cry:

Hopefully you can balance it out a bit. IF he would keep his insane hp pool, he should at least be slower so kiters have a chance at all. Or let him keep his speed, but nerf his damage.

Thank you! :cool:

Hi it’s an Challenge boss from Omega mod, I will nerf him in the next version, I have set the wronf level for his buffs that gives him increase total speed.
He can drop a reroll token to reroll affixes on Omega items and he can also drop a chest MI that buffs your pets.

He is supposed to be killable when the expansion comes with increased level and you are supposed to kill him when you have a very hight Omega level (and buffs).However it’ not really fun if you can’t kite him so I should make him have a temporary buff to speed instead of a permanent but his skill tree is already full so I will need to find a workaround.You can stack the token from now and wait for when I will update and nerf the challenge boss, it’s entirely optional.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=450710&postcount=121

V0.35
New sword droppable ingame.I have the permission from the original modder to port it to Grim Dawn only when he updates his mod on nexus.So I made the sword and you can drop it ingame but it has the Chillrend model for now.I hope the mod will be updated in the coming months (and I hope the new model will be as beautiful as it is now).

Gives a frozen orb skill-like :Cast a rotating frozen orb with 100% pierce chance that lauch ice spikes on a 360° radius on each enemy impact.

Improved Chillrend to make it in line with it’s lore :
Chillrend can freeze even the most powerful foes.Nothing can withstand it’s chill.” => It can freeze boss (for a short duration)!

Increased each 1 handed sword drop chance to a little less than 1% (maybe it’s too much ?).
You can see the frozen orb here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4whlO1xjo&feature=youtu.be
Of course if the expansion allows modders to make a TRUE frozen orb (cast the spikes every X ms instead of on impact), I will change the skill
Lost Treasures 0.35

Lost Treasures 0.36
New Angel Wings that you can get by using a recipe to transform wings of Mercy.
Wings of Mercy drop rate increased from 1% to around 1,5%.
Minor text fixes.

Credits :
Angel wings : https://sketchfab.com/models/36c149d003f6458c866bc2b6aee1ab4e Wings by Rya is licensed under CC Attribution

Lost Treasures 0.36

Is she wearing a transparent chest piece, or no chest piece? A transparent piece would be interesting to maintain the initial rags appearance. It sort of fits with the other pieces.

Ps. You’re getting damn good at this :smiley:

She has no chest piece here is the picture with :
I know there is something strange with the helm !
EDIT : I am going to slight improve the helm rigging in next version.

Lost Treasures 0.37
Added Agni’s sword.Sword of fire that gives a toggle buff to deal fire damage around you.
Sword by hangdsigner is licensed under CC Attribution

You can craft this sword with Chillrend or Moonlight sword (upcoming sword) and some hight level relics.
It has a very tiny flame effect on the blade (otherwise the flames were hidding the blades).
Slighlty improved Tyrael helm rigging.

Lost Treasures 0.38
Added Naruto Samehada 2 handed blade (earthquake like skill): http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37798/? by Jabus and Tyrelh
Reduced Agni fire damage

According to Naruto wiki :

Samehada (鮫肌, Literally meaning: Shark Skin) is a large sentient sword, comparable in size to the Kubikiribōchō. It is described as the most terrifying of all the Seven Swordsmen’s blades[1] and even earned the title of “greatsword” (大刀, daitō), further adding to its fearsome reputation.

It’s lore says :
“As the blade is made up of scales, it inflicts injuries through shredding or shaving what it comes into contact with, rather than just cutting the object in question. This flaying effect is similar to a shark’s skin, hence the sword’s name.”
So I made it have a hight Piercing ratio 70% and a build-in conversion physical to pierce damage.
It’s skill is a earthquake like spell that casts 6 piercing projectile on the ground.
Also has energy leech resistance and leech mana because :
“Although it continually consumes the chakra of its owner, its largest meals come from fights, wherein it absorbs the chakra of the opposition instead.”