Diablo: Immortal

I’m not surprised that they continue to explore the casual gamer market so I find this reveal and the video dislikes funny more than anything. I suppose this is good news for Grim Dawn though so there is that.

So…went looking to see if i couldn’t find something redeeming (anything redeeming really) in the press releases and apparently:

-big open world zones…not instanced
dungeons will be designed for groups

So forced MP all around it seems. In addition to looking like a straight up recycle of most things D3.

What on earth do most people do with their phones? I know if I’m playing a mobile game it means i may need to walk away at a seconds notice and not necessarily come back, making MP (if i had any desire to wade back into those cesspools) a complete non-starter.

So that’s designing to a target audience of market stats rather than understanding the actual target audience…

Keep up the good work Crate!

please wake me up.! This feels like an April fools joke:furious::furious::furious::furious:

What in the world is happening right now, this is worst than the end of the world you kidding meeeee.:eek:

Zantai please make the paladin so good this is the perfect chance to get all of the diablo distressed people to play our real diablo game

You know those bands that did a couple of great albums 20 yrs ago but they now sound repetitive, uninspired and boring? Well…

Well I read that the Lineage 2 mobile game made something like 1b dollars in its first year. So the thinking is that this is a shot more to cash in on the Chinese micro-transaction market than appease loyal Diablo fans.

Either way, it’s a big FU to the fans who have been waiting since D2 for a worthy successor.

Maybe Crate will halt plans for a city builder, and focus on expanding GD or GD2? :wink: Lots of disgruntled Diablo fans will be looking for a new game to call home.

The Diablo franchise died with Diablo 3, this is just another coffin nail.

Grim Dawn is the only real worthy successor to Diablo.

I just hope Crate can capitalize on this :slight_smile:
Maybe do a free GrimDawn weekend on steam?

How to ruin anything : let a bunch of MBA pals do the call on your game.

“We did a research and Mobile is huge market, we`re gona be rich and famous and blah-blah-blah”

“Unique product with huge fanbase blah-blah-blah”

“Look at the diagram, there is a lot of ppl that like Diableu and have a phone!oneoneone!!111”

Never had any interest in this anyway, since the original people from Blizz North are long gone from there, nowadays it’s just Activision with the Blizzard name: cash grabbing and nickle-and-diming you for whatever they can while delivering subpar material.

+1000 please let Zantai know about this. It’s about time! :cool:

I like the dislikes on their vid, but they will still make a ton of money, because mobile zombie generation will eat it like flies eat shit. They want to make more money, and they know where to look to get them. Some devs should make toilet paper with their logos, they would earn even more money.

The only real problem with DI is, that they treated it like the second coming of Jesus Christ. Nobody sane expected much if anything from Blizzard anymore regarding the Diablo franchise, but teasing the community in August and then presenting this, was a bad move.

Had they simply announced it at some point, there wouldn´t have been a shitstorm this big.

Especially as they teased the PC audience (regardless of intent) and then gave them nothing…

Also, they once again seem to be confused about whether it should be a serious ARPG (lore between D2/D3, ‘full blown ARPG’ statement) or a casual brawler, and again they picked a terrible middle ground. But they have the brand to sell mediocre, so yay money for them :confused:

And yeah, good time for 25% off GD Steam sale and a nice promo vid for FG :slight_smile:

That’s a bit sad for PC gamers. I’m probably not the only one that doesn’t play on his cell phone.
I think it would have been ok if they worked on that game, Diablo: Immortals, and annonced another Diablo game alongside this one… like Diablo 4.

I dunno if people are over reacting or not… i wonder how much resources Blizzard is putting into that project compared to the other company (NetEase) that also made many other arpg for cellphones. I mean, maybe Blizzard is working at the same time on his next PC Diablo game, aka Diablo 4.

I think the problem for the Diablo franchise, is that Diablo 3 didn’t reach the expectation of the fans and now they release a mobile game. Fans are still waiting, since D2: LOD, for a proper sequel.

Very much this.

Although to see the flagship games of my childhood (d1 and d2) diminished to a mobile game with straight up copy-paste graphics woulda been sad even with diablo 4 announcement.

Also things like dungeons designed for groups and zones that’ll be populated by lots of players (the mmoarpg thing) really crushes hope the series will ever rebound.

they re-uploaded the vids, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98ZKvfKL35g still good dislike ratio

This vid is even better.

Well, rip diablo. D4 better be amazing if it’s coming some day.

I agree to 100% dude