Disable Auto Equip Weapons-2

We need a button to disable automatic item equipping.

The inability to turn off the automatic item equipping option makes it difficult to create certain character styles, such as one-handed pistol style or unarmed combat (commonly known as monks).

I believe this results in a decreased level of flexibility within the game.

Some individuals might ask, “Why not just not pick up the weapons?” However, because this game includes a shared storage where items can be stored for other characters, farming weapons for different characters is a valid strategy.

Additionally, it’s quite remarkable that these aggressive individuals who demean others for simple suggestions are not banned from the community, especially when they fail to consider various potential improvements that could arise from such suggestions.

1 Like

All for it. Would solve a number of headaches.

Yeah unfortunately innocent suggestions that don’t affect some people still get attention from those people as many are averse to change. “I don’t need this feature, so why don’t you do these inconvenient alternatives because clearly everyone doesn’t need it.” etc.

It would be so cool to have a skill for that, maybe even just a passive that gives some bonuses when the off-hand slot is empty.

I absolutely love that playstyle, unarmed pugilist/martial arts is often the first thing I try in any game that allows it, sadly often it isn’t viable at all (damn you Atom RPG, I had such high hopes), and Grim Dawn doesn’t support it either. We got the Burrwitch Brew already, but it would require a whole new set of animations for drunken boxing :wink:

Maybe in FoA… nudge nudge wink wink

It’s unfortunate. Some creative individuals can generate content by utilizing even simple additions to the game. My proposal falls into a similar category. Removing the automatic item equip feature could lead to the creation of some interesting gameplay styles.

The one-handed pistol style and bare-fist combat style are intriguing approaches that have been explored in various other gaming contexts. Although I managed to incorporate both combat methods successfully through modding, I faced notable gameplay challenges due to the lack of an option to deactivate automatic item equipping in this particular game.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.