Discussion of - RR skills

Hey guys I decided to make this thread, so you can share your opinions about -RR skills different classes provides, how good they are, how easy they are to activate and such. Our much hated Termite mines have been changed, how about rest? So I will start with some I like:

• Night’s chill. Very cool skill, automatically applied and have good values. To me the best -RR skill. Only down side is the range, if you play kiting caster like cold TSS.

• Aura of Censure. Similar to Night’s chill but you don’t have chance to increase range without proper gear. Damage reduction is nice. RR values were nerfed because of the times Inquisitor was overperforming. So Censure is decent skill.

• Spectral Binding/wrath. On hit is kinda tricky. If you’re melee or tank is your job to take pounding. But if you’re caster or ranged isn’t that useful. If you’re pet master I can’t see how it works.

• Bloody pox/CoF. Pox can carry -RR through items modifiers. Both of these skills spread across the field and you don’t have to spam them constantly. Values of RR are not impressive though. If you’re caster CoF is great. If you’re melee with low cast speed, it’s a another button you have to press and it’s slowing you down.

Then the ones I don’t like:

• Devouring Swarm. I often turn my build unintentionally in DS spammer. It have small range but the values, especially vitality compensate for. Bleeding builds have scarce RR so can’t complain.

• Word of pain. Very painful to used for RR. You need second skill for increase of the effect but it’s hard to find gear bonus for it. Point for point WoP provides the worst return.

• Siphon souls. You have it on few gear slots. Long CD makes it hard to use. Also the range is small and RR isn’t spreading. I wonder if mechanics allows RE to be used for -RR type?

Yes, i agree, WoP is the worst RR skill over there. Not only it forces you to waste shitloads of points to get decent AoE and duration, but also RR values are kinda underwhelming (-25 at max rank).

As for Siphon souls/bloody pox - as long as i remember, those dont have RR naturally. Sure, some items might add RR to them, but that shouldnt count, really. There are far too many skills that get some RR with certain items. There is no point to discuss all of them.

Also you’ve forgot about actual downside of Aura of Censure - it’s an exclusing skill, so it prevents you from using another one.

Yeah. But that HUGE 70% vit RR doe…that’s like 2 classes worth of RR in one mastery

If I were to describe WoP using only one word…it of course would be pain-ful.

I dunno about this. CoF NEVER misses. It is not affected by DA. It also has DA shred, which is nice.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind if its base AoE gets buffed.

1 Like

oops, sorry, i meant WoP of course…

1 Like

I tried WoP on aether Mage Hunter and is awful compared to Spellbinder. I didn’t have many +skill points, so that’s makes it even worse. So I had to spend 15-16 points to get -25 RR on a point hungry build.

You like Guardians for RR or not?

Really the only one i hate is WoP and it’s solely because of how many points you need to waste to get a decent area of effect and duration.

I suggested a while ago to have the base duration be 6 seconds and then scale to its current value but nothing was changed.

1 Like

I still feel censure does a little too much, namely its current %RTD values.

Devouring Swarm is a pain to use on non-caster builds, but all is forgiven for HUGE RR values it gives. Fair trade-off. CoF could definitely have its value increased.

Word of Pain is a garbage skill. Like for real. I wish they moved RR value from it to Storm Box. Crate needs to do something about casting animation of WoP. Using it for Pierce melee/ranged builds is a horrible experience.

1 Like

Holy crap! Stormbox is borderline in nerf territory already imho…this would be insane.

WoP is underwhelming, but the other 4 inquis skill lines bring a ton to the table for relatively little skill points…so imho that’s the trade-off.

I wouldn’t mind to see some chaos RR added to CoF base, though.

(Just my opinion - don’t get triggered :grimacing:)

+1 to this. heck, I’ll even take it on vulnerability

Witch isn’t that different. I know Rhyltar will hate me but get rid of bleeding and replace it with chaos!

Rhyltar + Maya.( I think Maya has a bunch of bleed pet stuff?)

1 Like

The problem is, if you build around elemental damage, you dont have to mess up with WoP - you use nice and handy Aura of Censure.
And if your build deals chaos or pierce damage, you’re literally FORCED to use WoP, because only 2 classes have RR to those elements, so taking both is the best option to have great DPS (if it’s possible, of course).

It is different, because putting points in CoF increase AoE + duration. big plus

I mean, you could use blood orb and convert WoP into full chaos. But the problem isn’t the damage it does, it’s the fact that you’re never going to invest in WoP for damage as you’ll have much better skills to dump points into.

So the AoE of WoP + the duration is forever crap.

Even if Z were to simply move the AoE from WoP’s second node to its third node, that would be a BIG help to many builds

That’s not what i meant. I meant, if you build for elemental damage, you use AoC RR, not WoP RR (obviously, WoP sucks for damage, just like most other RR skills).

1 Like

Got it. My misunderstanding.

Not just Rhyltar. Sea Gulls will be dispatched should that happen.

Love:

• aura of censure
  • veil of shadow
  • spectral wrath
    (though please make it a damaging aura instead, so I can time my dummy kill correctly… :heart_eyes:)
  • thermite mine
    (the revamp is on point, love demo now)
  • Curse of frailty
    (who hate this skill)
  • bloody pox
  • storm box of elgoloth

Hate:

• word of pain
    (the same opinion as others)
  • siphon souls
    (doesn’t linger, doesn’t spread, CD is too long, need to put points for decent radius)
  • ill omen
    (CD is not bad, but the confuse cc effect is too intense with spreading style skill)
  • olexra flash freeze (:slightly_smiling_face:)

Neutral:

• devouring swarm
    (radius is low but RR is super huge)
  • guardian of empyrion
    (it’s good, but not my favorite. Also that hidden mechanics that we need to put point in celestial presence for RR item mod to be working :slightly_smiling_face:. Make it terrible for RR mod other than fire, phys, bleed, acid, and vitality, because you need to put more points on celestial presence to increase its radius, for making it reliable)
  • wind devil
    (decent as RR only skill, need pet attack button to be reliable)
1 Like

Interesting that no one has mentioned BWC