Do Multiple Sources of Flat Damage Absorption Stack?

Hi,

I’ve just been planning a build that utilizes 3 potential sources of flat damage absorption.

1. Ascension from Oathkeeper
  2. Phoenix Fire Constellation
  3. Stone Form Constellation

I have seen a few posts where people do mention that flat absorption does stack fine with % damage absorption and that the flat damage absorption is usually the last bit in the chain before the game calculates how much damage a hit will take off your life. Can’t see anywhere that explicitly states that multiple sources of flat absorption won’t stack but given how complex the game is I don’t take it that that means they definitely will!

Just after some confirmation that they will all stack (assuming they do all get procc’ed at the same time) otherwise I can change my build around a bit.

Thx :slight_smile:

As far as I’m aware they do stack and is incredibly potent when you can stack high levels of it.

Yes multiple sources of flat absorb stacks additive. % damage absorb stacks in multiplicative way.

More info about damage absorb in game mechanics guide:

Damage Absorb:

When I have 22/12 Inquisitor Seal I always have a reflex of adding Phoenix Fire on top of it :wink:

TY all for the replies. Much appreciated. Good luck in Cairn :slight_smile:

Below more detail about whats going to happen if you have multiple absorption shields which will be consumed without having a duration, so not like those flat duration absorbtion examples presented by you. So its a different thing, but just to let you know how those i mentioned will behave if they overlap in damage type.
I hope its not confusing.

If you still wondering which of the bubbles will get depleted first. I just did a test about this. Its always depleting the one with the shorter CD first. I am very certain about this. 3 skills with Aether absorbtion bubbles were used. Just standing next to a aether crystal was the method. 3 sec CD Crab was always first to be depleted, Ancrestral Ward as second with 16 sec CD, third from boots with 20 sec CD.

Great to hear it as it is the optimal order