Do WPS reduce the chance of Upheaval proc?

I have 25% chance to use WPS. I have a 20% crit chance, and Upheaval. Is my chance to proc Upheaval:

A) .75 (chance to use a basic, non-WPS attack) x .2 (crit chance) = .15

or

B) .2 (crit chance)

I assumed the former, and that every WPS I bought would reduce Upheaval procs via reducing the odds that a basic attack occurs in the first place, but then I saw this comment from Zantai regarding the patch that corrected Upheaval’s interactions with WPS:

This seems to say that so long as my crit chance + total chance to WPS is not greater than 100%, Upheaval will not suffer at all from my having WPS. What is correct?

For some reason I always thought that Upheaval basically adds a 100% WPS on crit, so if you have one WPS with 25%, another one with 25% and Upheaval procs, then resulting chances for WPS1 and WPS2 would be 25/150 = 16.6%, and for Upheaval 100/150 = 66.6%.

EDIT: checked the thread you linked, I was wrong. Judging by what Zantai said there the correct answer is A.

A bit of a necro, but I had related questions about upheaval and this thread establishes a baseline to talk about it. Particularly as it’s relevant to the Avenger set that got buffed a little in the newest patch.

First, I want to double confirm that scenario A is correct? The way Zantai worded his reply makes it sound like you do not reduce your chances to proc upheaval until you reach that 100 - crit chance threshold. However, everything else I’ve seen about how upheaval works now supports the first scenario where upheaval proc is reduced by your WPS %, as WPS take priority and cannot also trigger upheaval. For now, I’m assuming it’s reading too much into a quick reply and the A scenario is correct.

Second question is for anyone who has been playing and plugged into the community since at least around when the 1.0.6.1 patch was released. Based on replies in the patch thread and a few other older threads people it seemed that upheaval used to take priority over WPS in case of a crit but people preferred the new way where WPS take priority. I’m not sure I understand why, outside of just the fact that it was apparently a bug. If you bother to pick up upheaval I’d think you would want it to trigger more often.

Regarding the avenger set, while I understand that some sets are often designed to support two (or more) divergent play-styles, it seems odd that the upheaval part of the set is specifically anti-synergistic with the other two skills it supports as both are WPS.