[DoM] Swashbuckler - Shadow Council +100% cunning build

Build Summary

Nightblade + Rogue

Strikes down hordes of monsters with calculated strikes and a shadow army.
Rule Caird from within the shadows with this +100% and over cunning build and 9 shadow friends.

Can do super bosses, D3 bosses, SR, high Zeke levels potionless.
I don’t do anything but Arkovia undercity on Zeke

Pros:

• easy to execute with only a few buttons
  • can do all content
  • no energy/healing issues
  • still room to grow with affixed weapons and items
  • never alone

Cons:

• performance without affixed gear is undetermined
  • melee
Leveling

Do your favorite Nightblade leveling. Cold variant with Chilstrifes or even pierce with Dermapteran slicers + calculated strike both work.
Once you are are lvl 50 you can shop for Living Shadow devotion at the summoned merchants.

Build

Focused on pierce and bleeding damage, summoned Living shadows offer a decent amount of sustain. If that is ever not enough we have two heals at our disposal.
Easy to use: shadow strike to close down distance, throw Flash powder to apply RR, finish off the enemy with a series of calculated strikes.

Over 60% physical resistance and dodge and deflect. Lowest of the other resistance is Vitality with 36 overcap.
Note: this will vary depending if you have affixed gear.

Items:
Mythical claw of Bailu: it has a strong proc which lets us get to 100% weapon pool skill usage, which means Calculated strike is triggered every 2nd attack
Mythical Feater of Zhugue: Slow resistance is nice and set bonus gives us +1 skill to all skills
Mythical sharp edge grip: the insane proc makes it an instant pick
Andariels Visage: +2 to all skills and good stats, no way to pass this up
Funk Threads: +1 to all skills, no way to pass this up
Chains of Honor: +1 to all skills and good stats, no way to pass this up
Divine blessing of the Gods: +1 to all skills and rolled total speed. Proc is conflicting with serenity a bit
Divine Boudica’s ring: supports what we are doing and has an RR proc
Divine Mark of Ares: supports what we are doing and was the only ring with % cunning I had
Mythical Blade breaker sash: has stats we want, no belt was supporting +1 Rogue and had pierce damage
Mythical Direwolf crest: pierce damage and proc lets us reach 100% weapon pool skills
Really Great Pants: gives us spirit to wear gear, and we get to double all that cunning
Serenity: +1 to all skills and can roll %cunning

Slightly over 100% weapon pool chance, at 109. Effectively our RR weapon skill is at 26%.5

Devotions:
optimized for % cunning
Lion, Assassin’s Blade, Assassin, Blades of Nadaan, Sailor’s Guide, Empty Throne, Harvestman’s Scythe, jackal, phys res node on Lotus, % cunning node on Vulture

Skill Assignment:
Assassin: Flash Powder
Unknown Soldier: Calculated Strike
Azraka: Python’s Bite
Assassin’s Blade: Blade Spirits
(last 2 can be swapped)

Cunning bonuses:
Nightblade: 35
Rogue: 34
Devotion: 14
Serenity: 4
Belt comp - Chthonic shard: 8
Shrewd ring affix: 10%

Total 105%

Gear and Skill Alternatives
  • Instead of Whirling Death in Nightblade, any of the other 3 weapon pool skills and can be taken. Also leave it at 23% proc to increase the likelyhood of Pytho’s bite to trigger by 0.5%
  • Any ring can be chosen instead of Makr of Ares, either to cover resistance or reach +100% cunning. This is the only one I had with such a bonus. Ideally you will have GD’s Bladetwister Signet with % cunning affix
Links And SuperBoss stuff

Build: https://imgur.com/a/7lElIM1

All content done potionless.

sub 10s dummy kill
Modgrogen, Ravager, Crate, Calagadra, D3 bosses, SR 100

2 min Ravager of souls kill through his 100% fumble
Tyrael killed at SR 87
under 1 min Callagadra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjFywx9EOs0
about 3 min SR 80 with Oleron Buff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4dDrvX3Qnc
Fought 5 Tyraels at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbEBN8a-N4E

done SR 90. SR 100 possible, but have to avoid some D3 bosses and approach with caution.

5 Likes

Where is the grimtools link? :frowning:

Can’t make one for DoM atm.

grimtools does not support DoM (yet). In the links section there is imgur link that will give you skills, devotions and items

@Serious_Stan so you put no points at all in Phsyique? I didn’t see those point allocations anywhere.

only place points into phisique and spirit to meet gear requirements.the rest go into cunning.

In my setup 9 points are spread over phisique and spirit, but that could vary for you dependig on affixes and stat rolls.

Thanks for the reply, last question I hope. What are the skills you have assigned to Assassin Blade, Assassing and Unknown Soldier. Hard to see the icons.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

I have:

• Blade Spirits on Assassin’s blade.
  • Flash Powder on Assassin
  • Calculated strike on Unknown Soldier

Hi, can’t seem to find item > Mythical Feater of Zhugue, It doesn’t even show up in GD stash, who is the blacksmith for this item? Is this item removed from new patch DoM? Thank you.

Strange that you are not finding it.

I just got latest DoM and it is still at NCFF blacksmith

How are you making use of the blades of nadaan devotion with 2 daggers?

hmm, with daggers I am not :rofl: .

Good spot!

have to update the build link.
So lose Nadaan and 1 point in Jackal. Get Mantis, Lotus and Azraaka proc