Dot Machine?

Hello

I have been playing GD for on and off for years. Now i was leveling a DK (lvl 63). Im kinda bored with it. Also i have old builds like a Pyromancer (lvl49), Druid (lvl65). I was looking for a build for somewhat beginner style guide. I don’t want think about where to put points, devo’s etc…
Build im looking for:

• Tanky
  • Somewhat easy gearing
  • Dot’s more dot’s ( maybe multiple dot types?)
  • All masteries
  • Up to date guide
  • No conversions

Just stand still or run around the mobs

No other DoT will ever do the amount of damage that bleeding will. That being said bleeding is one of the most difficult damage types to use as it has NO conversions and there is NO lifesteal on it. It’s most often used as a secondary damage type in combination with a main damage type that has life steal. As you said you’re open to any class I will happily tell you that ANY class (yes even sorcerer) can use bleeding effectively. Obviously there are classes that excel at using it more than others but having built a bleeding character of EVERY class in the game I am speaking from experience.
It would actually be much easier to give you more accurate recommendations based on what you yourself find fun and interesting to play.

I love playing tanky melee/caster hybrids. Like in wow, shaman, paladin etc…
Maybe i can do something with my Druid? the build is old. And im not sure what it actually is.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BXXzKZ

This is some Chaos Pyro with a lot of ticking skills (not Dots but like dots). But not Melee
Would be fun because you cast various visually distinctive skills.

Other casters:

Well your Druid is definitely not Melee. Here’s melee Primal Strike Warder that has also a lot of Lightning Dots and Wind Devils tornadoes. You can play it as Druid too

Check also this caster. This one is interesting because it deals most damage when in melee range.
And also some 1.1.9.1 added Life Steal to Stun Jucks which will help the build.

4 Likes

Ah, a Druid! You have good class synergy there for 2 good DoT, frostburn & electrocute. @tqFan has given some good recommendations and for that druid specifically I can second the recommendation for a 2H primal strike electrocute build. That class is not ideal for bleed but it’s actually much better positioned than sorcerer. Have a look at those recommendations first as there should be something that interests you~

1 Like

If you want tanky and dots maybe something like this?

it has more set options and can be built around multiple spels,has bleed also,and to me bloody pox always felt interesting as a dot,wish it had more support

1 Like