Dreeg's Descendant DEE build [1.0.6.1]

The goal of this build is to make a spammable DEE character viable. If we cannot do so then something needs a buff. That’s the gist, so please help me improve this build.

GRIMTOOLS

Gameplay with commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMSAxRtUrg

Credit to Praetorian Valinov, I just tweaked his build.

With high rolls it’s better on hp and whatnot, but its low armor makes it super squishy. Could take some inspiration from this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75023

But definitely aiming for spammable DEE. Energy consumption is also a little annoying. Devotions could probably use a second look.

Attachment: _Descendant of Dreeg.zip

Reserved /10char

I dislike how there are no acid/poison gloves with any kind of cast speed on them for this build. Seems so obvious…

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKerrEV

Main skill DEE should be at 22 imo over Vile eruption as the latter does not shotgun vs single target

Spammable DEE needs massive buffs.
Forget it for now

I was considering that. Good idea. Updated

Actually if you look at the youtube video I just published it busts up enemies pretty well. Just needs help in the 3 areas I described

You might want to recheck your youtube link :wink:

Thanks, fixed.

Have you considered a conjurer with a myth blood orb of cthon? 100% vitality damage then and 90+rr from mastery alone.

That’s next, but I wanted to make an acid version.

Watched the vid briefly.

My thoughts: your kite playstyle is pretty detached from the mobs. Which is nice, but you don’t get a lot of value from Guardian’s Gaze. More-so with it procing on pox.

Might be worthwhile to move to Toad and use the couple of extra points (+1 from crossroads) to get 6% global speed in Jackal and a bit of energy.

I’d be tempted to swap a point into SoC. Even at low points I think it is underrated and it is a very flexible leech. Noting that you have ~1400 vit. Meh, that’s a personal preference.

Gotta get that rare off-hand for the spammable dee, imo.

But overall, DEE is in a bad place in a spammable form right now. Transmuted, it’s an ok skill.

I made it work in combination with Biting Blades spam (to spread all that flat poison from huge biting blades’ weapon damage). Here is my build (but you probably seen it).

Another thing is that DEE set sucks because it fills up a lot of good slots with shitty items. I am not even sure it can work in Crucible.

Because when it’s transmuted you take away the fundamental problem of a spammable skill being dot heavy. Same as with FoI, when you get down to it they make little sense :undecided:

well dot damage is still damage even if you reapply it every second. I think in current meta problem of weak spammable skills is absence of decent weapon damage component or adtch from gear modifiers.

If they made DoT ticks scale with castspeed, even if just partially, that could be a game changer. Would potentially make DoT builds OP OP. Well I’m reporting this to the Devs as undertuned.

I saw your build. It’s cool I just want to make spammable DEE the star.

The problem with the offhand is then I lose the -10% enemy acid/poison resistance from the legendary offhand. And DEE does a decent amount of flat acid. It might be better though. What prefix and suffix would you recommend? It could potentially open up a ring slot too I guess.

Obviously that would be crazy. A more sane approach would be to transfer some of the dot to flat damage.

But the fundamental problem remains, what’s the point of reapplying a dot 3-4 times a second?

Got to thinking about this further and I might experiment with a variant of your spam DEE concept when I find the set, with some tweaks.

But I’d do the devotions like I’ve linked below, as I think the set has plenty of +% acid and you don’t absolutely need the Abomination +acid/poison, OA, or the proc.

Your devotion path seems more logical, but …GD is funny that way.

Dead god should add some big single target crits and mitigate some OA.

Imho the best current approach is to treat spam DEE like a shooter but with caster speed. It is truely a shame there is so much dot in there, though.

tweaked devotion path

This seems like a silly path, but it does add more DA and OA is not terrible. I maybe would use a Mark of Lethal Intents Medal. dunno.

No idea, probably some double rare with poison related stuff. But noone ever found one of those, so at least aim at one relevant affix/suffix, even “of spellweaving” that buffs acid/poison would be okay. But really, I don’t know, at this point you are trying make a poor skill with a shitty set work, and it’s not gonna be above average (even maybe average) no matter how hard you try.

Well, I might be wrong about mechanics, but you can reapply those dots faster then they tick themselves so in theory doing more damage than when applying dot just once?

I think the only advantage is the chance to get a higher dot window roll, such as a crit or a better crit.

But it’s mostly a waste