[Druid] Star Seeker, Cold/Lightning Caster [V1.0.0.6 HC]

Here come my cold and lightning build!! Seeing how lacks of cold/lightning druid guide is, I think this guide needs to be done. Enjoy the power of the star seeker!!

DRUID THE STAR SEEKER

VIDEO
DRUID THE STAR SEEKER GAMEPLAY [ULTIMATE LOGHORREAN]
DRUID THE STAR SEEKER GAMEPLAY [VS BOSSES/NEMESES]

[LEFT][INDENT][INDENT]GRIM CALC[/INDENT][/INDENT][/LEFT][LEFT]

[INDENT][INDENT]Base skills http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-6bDwNi
Base skills + Bonuses http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-tKU4Il

[/INDENT][/INDENT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][INDENT][INDENT]CONCEPT OF THE BUILD[/INDENT][/INDENT][/LEFT][LEFT][INDENT][INDENT]- Cold and Lightning caster, cooldown reduction build.

[/INDENT][/INDENT][/LEFT]
[b]

[INDENT][INDENT]SKILLS[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[INDENT][INDENT]- Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange + Modifiers (Buff)

• Mirror of Ereoctes (Escape)
  • Maiven’s Sphere of Protection + Conversion (Damage Absorption/CC Reduction)
  • Trozan’s Sky Shard + Frozen Core + Shattered Star (Single Target/AoE/CC)
  • Maiven’s Sphere of Protection + Conversion (Damage Absorption/CC Reduction)
  • Star Pact (Buff)
  • Nullification (Debuff)
  • Mogdrogen’s Pact + Heart of the Wild (Buff)
  • Wind Devil + Raging Tempest + Maelstrom (AoE/CC/Debuff)
  • Wendigo Totem (Healing)
  • Oleron’s Might (Debuff) from Oleron’s Blood
  • Void-Ward Aura (Buff) from Imbued Silver
  • Call the Storm (AoE) from Codex of Eternal Storms
    [/INDENT][/INDENT]

[LEFT][INDENT][INDENT]ITEMIZATION[/INDENT][/INDENT][/LEFT]

[INDENT][INDENT]Head
-Trozan’s Hat

Shoulders
-Trozan’s Mantle

Chest
-Trozan’s Vestments

Hands
-Light’s Defender Gauntlets

Legs
-Legwraps of the Tranquil Mind/Dreeg-Sect Legguards

Feet
-Golemborn Greaves/Green boots with movement speed and rare resistance affixes

Weapon
-Trozan’s Starkeeper

Focus
-Codex of Eternal Storms

Amulet
-Starfury Emerald

Medal
-Badge of Mastery with + Trozan’s Sky Shard/Wendigo Totem

Rings
-Band of the Eternal Haunt/Gollus’ Ring with rare affixes

Waist
-Phantom-Thread Girdle

Relic
-Iskandra’s Balance
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[INDENT][INDENT]

Augments

Jewelry : Overseer’s Gaze

Weapon & Focus: Creed’s Cunning

Armors(Head/Chest/Leg/Shoulders/Hands): Demonbane Powder

Armors(Feet/Waist): Kingsguard Powder

DEVOTION[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[INDENT][INDENT]

Devotion Route

[ul]1 point in Eldritch Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Spider
[/ul]

[ul]Remove Eldritch Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]1 point in Primordial Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Sailor’s Guide
[/ul]

[ul]Remove Primordial Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Widow (Arcane Bomb assigned to PRM(early leveling), later assign it to Trozan’s Sky Shard)
[/ul]

[ul]1 point in Ascendant Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Empty Throne
[/ul]

[ul]Remove Ascendant Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Chariot of the Dead
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Hawk Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Scholar’s Light
[/ul]

[ul]Remove Spider Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Oklaine’s Lantern
[/ul]

[ul]1 point in Order Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Harvestman’s Scythe
[/ul]

[ul]Remove Sailor’s Guide
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Owl
[/ul]

[ul]Complete Leviathan (Whirlpool assigned to Wind Devil)
[/ul]

[ul]1 point in Chaos Crossroad
[/ul]

[ul]3 points in Behemoth (Giant’s Blood)
[/ul]
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[INDENT][INDENT]ATTRIBUTE DISTRIBUTION

Full Physique, it’s my mistake that I put 2 points in spirit.
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[INDENT][INDENT]LEVELING[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[INDENT][INDENT]
Level 20
Use PRM for early leveling, then respec to Trozan’s Sky Shard around level 25-30

Level 40
Once you respec to Trozan’s Sky Shard, use Ice Spike/Greater Ice Spike from Chilled Steel/Deathchill Bolts for RMB

Level 60

Level 70

Level 80

[/INDENT][/INDENT]

[INDENT][INDENT]PLAYSTYLE/FIGHT SEQUENCE

Cast Wind Devil > Trozan’s Sky Shard > Call the Storm > Wendigo Totem, then run around waiting for the next skill that’s off cooldown or go facetank, make sure Mirror of Ereoctes/health potion is not on cooldown when facetank because this is our only escape skill, hit the strongest enemy with Oleron’s Might to reduce its damage. [/INDENT][/INDENT]

I’m quite impressed. Saw your videos on Youtube yesterday and couldn’t wait to see the full thread.

I was wondering why you don’t consider Ice spike or Lightning nova viable left click attacks in the endgame? From what I remember, at least nova has quite high base damage, various Storm totem builds use it at 85.

Also, why Iskandra’s balance? It’s probably the worst relic in the game. Do you need the +1 Arcanist that badly?

Finally, now that I se your char sheet, I’m completely confused as to how the hell you tank so well? 200 hp/sec + Giant’s blood, no lifesteal, yet you have almost no problem face tanking. The reason why I avoid cd-based caster builds is that they usually lack staying power and have to kite all the time.

I intended to use Greater Ice Spike while I was planning this build, however after I tried to optimize, I was lacking chaos resistance so I decided to use Imbue Silver. Oleron’s Blood is one of the few choice I have to mitigate damage, so I couldn’t trade it for anything else. As the result of limitation, I let go of the idea of using Greater Ice Spike and took Oleron’s Might for LMB.
Besides that, with low casting speed, spammable skill wouldn’t add much damage as one might expect.

Iskandra’s Balance with +Shattered Star bonus, put it to 22/22. This significantly increase TSS average damage(30% chance for extra 3838 -16360 lightning damage for each shard, based on my skill sheet). TSS can do 2.5X crit Elemental Imbalance is on. Although I tend to agree that Iskandra’s Balance is not so great relic, its granted skill’s cooldown could be reduce a bit.

FYI, my biggest crit for this char is 102K, problaby when Elemental Imbalance is on with TSS/Shattered Star decided to give theirs highest damage roll.

Wendigo Totem adds another 1074 Hp/second on top of that 192 char sheet and Giant blood. Also my Mirror of Ereoctes has 9.9 second cooldown, fast enough to kite around and wait for a few seconds to recharge. Oleron’s Might also helps reduces enemy’s damage.

compared to the panetti’s druid you posted a while back, how is the dps and survivability of this build? Would it be able to go through crucible?

awesome :slight_smile: A build that had to be shown

I wanted to make this build too but I have too many at the moment. I would have done pretty much the same but I would have use Eye of the storm because most of shard damage is lightning and I would have used Estern gloves for + Shard skills.

Looks great!

This build is really great. I will try it in hc and let you know how it goes

I did this build with the Eastern Pledge set because after a thousand hours played I still have no Trozans pieces. Did the job well, I would agrue that the gloves are maybe best in slot (although you could need the resist on others).

This build DPS and Survivability is much better since it’s more focus toward 2 damage types and fewer skills. I think it’ll do fine in Crucible, but I haven’t try that, I’m too busy leveling many characters.

Yes, damage-wise it’d be BiS gloves, but I prefer more armor, resistance and proc skill that Light’s Defender Gauntlets provide. Under 500 armor is too low for me as this build got zero physical resistance.

Which devotion set up would you use for softcore?

Why did this get removed from the build compendium?

edit: sry, was looking at compendium IV

Thanks, nice guide.
I’ll try switching my outdated Druid Storm totem build to this one I guess, still need some items but it’s mainly doable

yes i wish you can answer it. In Softcore you would skill all in physique or spirit to ?

this is lookin’ nice
ty for good inspiration :slight_smile:

Whats with the 2 Components on some gear? Trozan´s Vestments for an example. Is this a HC feature only?

Nah only one component per item. OP is most likely just listing relevant choices.

Hardcore and Softcore are the same game. The only difference is what happens when you die. Yet in both cases…You don’t WANT to die. Nothing changes.

To the OP: How much damage loss do you think I’d suffer were I to use a Shard of Asterkarn over getting the Trozan 4 Piece? The Freeze benefits would be nice.

You’re not using Shaman for anything except hit points, wendigo totem, and wind devils. Consider making this a Spellbreaker to get Pneumatic Burst + Shadow Dance, Veil of Shadow + Night’s Chill, and Circle of Slaughter for an excellent fumble debuff.

Thanks for the build, beat ultimate log on my first hc character with no bis items

Thanks for your great build. Your build helped me complete HC game.
Perfect build with hight damage, facetank bosses,quick healing, nice escape, beautiful skill effect.
Thanks again :smiley: Love your build

Anybody feel 1.0.0.8 nefted this guild or just me? I feel like clear monsters speed slower, kill Fabius harder :eek: