Drunken Fwuffy - Lazy Retaliation Warlord

is there any guide for this build? im starting and i want a lazy build but meele xD

i don’t know which skill should i start or what. is this build good with aoe or just single target?

1 Like

There was Malawiglenn’s Guide, but then he deleted it. And my expertise is primarily with pet builds with this made out of pure curiosity, so I can’t really help here.

You can however follow any Warlord based guide (forcewave/EoR/etc) and then respec to this if you want to. However, I’d recommend downloading the save file given in the original post and then copy pasting where your GD saves are located (might need to make sure Steam cloud saving is off first) to simply try out the full build :slight_smile:

Thanks for the build :smiley:

I’ve been playing a build loosely based on this. A bit more active as it doesn’t have to be fully lazy (just controller viable), and also with some adaptations as it’s my second high lever char and I don’t have most of the gear you use. So I’m probably much weaker than the full build, but still having a blast so far. Level 89 and near Fort Ikon on Ultimate HC.

Btw, I just leveled with retaliation as damage all the way through. Don’t think I’d recommend doing so in general, it was certainly not a speedrun leveling process. It’s doable though.

One question: is the Reckoning Relic worth considering? I feel like I’m tanky enough already for the content I’ve been doing (3k DA, 21k Health), so was thinking of getting that relic for a bit more damage. Or is the defense of Citadel just too good to pass on? I’m not really sure how much harder things get from here on, but so far the only thing that has put me in danger was “Zaria, The Carver”, who nearly killed me a bunch of times (but as I learned afterwards, that was mostly because of his chaos RR, as I’m barely res capped).

1 Like

Good to hear that the build was helpful :blush:

Citadel was mostly for Facetanking Callagadra. You should do fine with Reckoning instead. Infact in practice, there shouldn’t be much of a difference to the defensive capabilities while the extra RR, especially with the changes 1.1.8.0 brought, should prove rather Valuable.

1 Like

Alright then, I’ll go with Reckoning. Thanks again :smiley:

EDIT: Got my Reckoning relic and managed to hit level 100. Things are going quite well so far, though I have like half the retaliation damage of the original build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dzKG0Z

1 Like

Tank is avilabled ) in the 1.1.8.0 made nice.

1 Like

Of all the things, this makes a comeback in 1.1.9.0…

Cally kill is 1 min slower, but everything else remains the same. No changes to the build :3

2 Likes

:thinking: looks like retal needs more pets… retaliation pets ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

A small change to the build. Just a bit of change to devotions. Gave up Jackal to get full Ghoul along with its proc. Not sure why I didn’t go for it before… Actually I think I had it on at some point but then decided to swap it out… not sure why either… When it comes to non pet builds I don’t really remember such stuff.

But upside is that build is even tankier while downside is that the little bit of lost attack speed reduces kill speeds by a tiny amount. All in all, better than before.

This is great to hear, especially on hopefully the last patch. I’ve never tried a retaliation build but will try this soon. I always loved getting to level 40 with other characters, equipping a few items from the Perdition set, and wondering why enemies got launched into the air. Thanks for keeping up with this Maya.

1 Like

Heya @Maya
This is my favvo farmer, is this the current build?
No offence, but I’m to lazy/stupid to follow and understand all the Patchchanges…

Ill sweeten this question with a birdsong… Oh… :astonished:

1 Like

It struck me that it might be good to subject a link to where I’m at so far…
So her goes:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNn8z0GV

Looks like lot of fun proccing assassins mark with that OA :slight_smile: You could probably just get Ulzaad instead for its retaliation damage and armor proc.

Sounds like I missed something important… (again…) sigh…

Or get boar for the trample proc (no idea if possible, but anything else than assassin mark will be better because it will be used)

1 Like

This is just like me and cars… I just don’t get it… This is one of the few areas ill admit I’m stupid…
Despite starting my gaming-life in the -70:s…
To many parameters and counterparameters and gear that shift everything to “something completely different” (Monthy Phyton…)…
I guess the truth here is, I’m getting old, but haven’t really submitted to the fact…

But still I have so much fun in GD! So I just go out do some mayhem and feel good…
And that’s all I care about now… Feel good and do good…

I’m old and stoopid in many areas. This is one of the builds I started before the last patch. I haven’t played since, but keep checking back to see if some new awesome build has been created and Crate has sworn a blood oath to never balance the game again. Games have rules and if the rules keep changing, you don’t really have a game. Build crafters can go to you know where. This is an ARPG. I must have wasted over $50 on this game and only gotten about 15,000 hours worth of enjoyment out of it, across all platforms. The enjoyment came from believing that I’ll have awesome characters after the rule changes were done. I won’t be touching this game again until it is orphaned.

1 Like

Yeah no other ARPG have had patches with balance changes :slight_smile:

Yes, any decent game has had changes, but not many to this extent. It was my fault for not expecting a significant balance patch after 1.1.9.0. I’ll wait until I think they are done as there are other games to play. I love Grim Dawn but it can wait for awhile instead of the uncertainty of moving forward with a character. I hate to go to Grim Tools after every patch. I’d just rather play the game.

3 Likes