Dual Wield Mad Queen's Claw Dervish - Mogdrogen/Ravager of Flesh

Hello everyone. This is the first time I’ve posted a build of mine to the forums. So forgive me if someone else has already posted a build like this! As far as I’ve looked, I couldn’t find one just like mine. It performs quite well, and I’m impressed with how it handled Mog and Rav. BTW this build is in GrimleagueS4. If anyone has any ideas of how to make this build better I’m all ears! Thanks for looking.

GT: Dervish, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (GD League Season 4 Mod)
Videos: Mad Queen's claw DW Dervish VS Ravager - YouTube
Mad Queen's claw DW Dervish VS Mogdrogen - YouTube

2 Likes

What’s that item in your inventory you got 1000 times?
Edit. Ah, a grim league thing then. Any other items that are mod specific?

Nope, this build could be made in vanilla Forgotten Gods.

4 Likes

If you are using an acid/poison build with dual swords, why put so many points into Presence of Virtue, which adds bleed/trauma damage and shield block… which you don’t even use.
Ascension is also kinda pointless here, it is a retaliation skill and you have no base retaliation damage.
I’d put those points into Merciless Repertoire instead for more flat and % poison damage. Also for this build, Shadow Strike with Justifiable Ends maxed is really well suited.
Also, put a Seal of Blight in one of those swords. The gallstones only give +25% acid damage, and you can only activate their 75% aura once. The seal gives +50%.
Would also probably replace one of the blades with Mythical Venomlash. Gives poison and acid bonuses to Belgothian Shears and Righteous Fervor. Also, take it from someone who did more Mad Queen runs than I care to count, it is not easy getting a good blade drop from her, you can be farming her for weeks for one Mythical sword, let alone two.
And since this is a melee build, you could do better with some stronger armor than a caster robe. Stealth Jacket of the Venomblade, or Dunefiend’s Jacket.

Never heard of this Season 4 mod, btw… what does it add to the game?

most builds use it for OA, the mana regen isn’t horrible either
Haven adds highly valuable health and heal increase, well worth on more than just shield builds

it’s an absorb skill, with an attached cc res buff (and more oa), it’s handy even on non retal builds

no, they stack, like all buff components

the chest is fine, build has decent armour and phys res; and remember there are totally fine melee builds out there with sub 2k armour

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips! I’ll definitely try them out, especially with Venomlash. The new League Season 5 starts in a few day. It adds a lot of content and items. Even more possibilities for new builds.