Dual Wield Primal Strike

Hey there,

Haven´t stumbled across a dual wield primal strike build, which is possible since the latest patch.
Did I overlook?
Is it not feasable at all? I´m curious!

1 Like

Looking to hear this as well!

I made one and it’s not too bad. I think 2Hander spam is still better (you have a lot more aoe) but the single target is good and I can facetank most of the time :slight_smile:

GT : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mrb6mV

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXX5mBN

Rough sketch, didn´t test it myself.

Ah, so you go for cooldown version instead of ps spam.

Does PS hit with both weapons when dual wielding or just with the main hand?

Both weapons

1 Like

Yes, that’s the point using two Stormrends imo ^^

I’m on my phone, but this is the elementalist I made.

Stormrend + that scepter that gives the lightning rr aura, 4 piece ultos. Don’t have exact gt link since I’m not at home.

1 Like

I made one in testing. Like Valinov’s, elementalist, and it has 11-12 sec dummy time just slightly different setups that I was just messing around with(2x stormrends :slight_smile: ). That’s all i can say about it because i didn’t get too much into it.

CD SJ on it is a Beast

AS for PS, even after a slight buff in testing (electrocute mod) it is still not worth playing CD PS. For DPS and sustain purposes as well. You have to spam it

1 Like

All you can see through the fx is the axes peeking out on the backswing :joy:

I tried theorycrafting a dual wielding stormrend build but it seems that I cannot escape having to charge up savagery to get the OA/DA and Attack speed buffs.

Every single primal strike build in the compendium uses savagery. Its cool that we can now dual wield primal strike… but it can’t be it’s own thing as you always have to rely on savagery or you would just be gimping yourself.

Well even on full PS ultos or RIfle ultos, charging up savagery is a good deal. OA/ DA slow res and phys res and AS. It’s a bit annoying but if done right it can be less annoying than keeping LA up for example since charges don’t expire all at once

Exactly my point… the savagery bonuses are so good that almost all primal strike builds use it.

In fact even some caster shaman builds use savagery just for the bonuses, not because it is a hybrid build.

Yea I do think it is annoying and awkward having to charge savagery regularly (same applies to LA, but worse) and also primal strike seems to lack an identity of its own having to always rely on savagery which is a default attack replacer.

I once tried to script Savagery to work automatically with PS

but it’s a bitch to do properly. When you set it up to fire once every 1.9 seconds, it works well on single target but if you oneshot/switch target frequently, you can miss the moment Savagery hits and the stacks drop off. But when you on the other hand set up it to fire more frequently, you’re losing efficiency and PS attacks.

But if the Savagery is the main attack and the Primal Strike is on cooldown, it’s easy because you can just spam both skills and PS just fires when off cooldown. And this is probably the intended way to play it

1. spam PS
    or
  2. spam Savagery + Primal Strike on cooldown

spam PS + maintaining Savagery buff is probably not an intended way to play

In the end I think

this is just only in your head. Simply don’t use Savagery with spam PS and forgo being 100% optimal :wink:

1 Like

Lol I know… trying to make a savagery-less build in grimtools as we speak

1 Like

PS spam with full ultos or rifle kinda wrecks. You don’t need savagery as AA just stat buff.

Hell @Valinov even made a rave party aether PS build that is very nice :upside_down_face:

tbh after 1.6 that build suffered, before it was consistent clears… now not so much

I don’t know why so many people hate charging savagery on PS spam. It’s literally the same as charging LA on nightblades and nobody seems to have a problem with that.

Sad to hear that. I liked that build