[DW Aether Caster] Pure Aether PRM DW Spellbreaker

[b]

BUILD HAS BEEN ABANDONED

THOSE INTERESTED IN THIS BUILD SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS THREAD - http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67602

[/b]

So, what’s the one thing pretty much every Arcanist build except TSS uses? Devastation!
Devastation is a great nuke on bosses and PRM builds always relied on it for single target damage.
This build aims to make PRM’s single target damage so good that you can farm the end-game with it.

Build Concept-

1. PRM-

PRM is a skill whose damage is spread b/w 4 damage types - Elemental (Fire, Cold, Lightning) and Aether. The damage being spread out like this diminishes this skill’s overall single target damage potential. Working on Elemental as a whole to solve this is one way but then we fail to harness aether’s full potential imo.
To solve this we convert all the elemental to aether through dual-wielding two Decree of Aldritch
There are alternate ways to do this like running with only one Decree and using an off-hand but it destroys the uniqueness of this build. I am just putting this one line here for anyone looking for something more convenient.

2. Resistance Reduction-

Since we’re going full aether we need some nice resist reduction.

Band of the Eternal Haunt -15%
Arcane Mark -33%
Corrupting Touch of Aldritch 16 reduced resistance

We also have racial damage i.e %aetherial damage which helps us with aetherials.

3. Percentage Modifier-

Since PRM has no %weapon damage component we focus on percentage modifiers as flat damage won’t do us any good. We need focus on %modifiers.

GrimCalc with plus skills and devotions-

http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-vFlq0w

GrimCalc without plus skills-

http://grimcalc.com/build/1008-6T83CU

Jackal’s is there to solver our energy problems. Plus we need DG for the OA. I’m still tinkering with the devotion part, but the current setup is pretty strong.

Now Flame Torrent is a pretty strong proc and clears trash and helps vs bosses (when you’re in melee range). I tried Falcon Swoop and found it underwhelming, Swoop is a great skill but ever since the nerf(s) it doesn’t fit in many builds.

Keybinding-

LMB- Panetti’s Replicating Missiles (w/ Flame Torrent)
RMB- Chaos Strike
Keyboard 1- Gaze of Beronath (w/ Arcane Bomb)
Keyboard 2- Pneumatic Burst
Keyboard 3- Mirror of Ereoctes
Keyboard 4- Nullification
Keyboard 5- Blade Barrier

Alternatively 1 point in CT can help you cast Arcane Bomb. I like Gaze of Beronath though as it helps me defensively.

Screenshots (Include Toggled buffs and PB which stays up 24/7)-

Rashalga Kill

Items-

Weapons- 2x Decree of Aldritch
Head- Maw of Despair
Chest- Stonehide Ascended Vestment of Nature’s Bounty
Legs- Stonehide Bysmiel-Sect Legguards of Potency
Feet- Stonehide Exalted Treads of Kings
Shoulders- Stonehide Valdaran’s Mantle of Kings
Belt- Phantom-Thread Girdle
Hands- Aethereach
Amulet- The Peerless Eye of Beronath
Ring 1- Band of the Eternal Haunt
Ring 2- Albrecht’s Duality
Medal- Mark of Divinity
Relic- Agrivix’s Malice

-Cowl of Paragon and the set’s shoulders boost PRM but i’d have to trade survivability so i don’t bother.

-The chest-piece isn’t important to cap resistances. Just use Shroud of Illusion for the defenses.

Bosses-

You can kill anyone just remember you’re a caster so learn to move a little. Special note on the two below.

Rashalga-

You’re firing projectiles at her i am pretty sure you can imagine how much that makes her aura go off. Keep your distance and play with a cool mind. The moment you loose your cool you die.

Shar’Zul-

He’s dangerous when enraged, be careful about his Burn DoT. His physical attacks aren’t half as threatening imo.

In Closing-

I’d like to thank Sobertooth for running some tests at my request that helped me optimize this build.

Decree of Aldritch is a pretty great addition to the game. You can use it for many great conversion builds but i’m not a big fan of all the other skills in the arcanist tree (particularly TSS and AAR) which is why i made a build with PRM.

I presented how the concept can be applied toCallidor’s Tempest to increase its single target output and to remove the necessity of Devastation. I did that with my Shield Caster.

Similar concept can be used for Grenado, BWC, TSS, AAR and any other skill with elemental damage. Melee Aether Build using Decree are also possible.

This is a fun build due to its uniqueness in the way it plays. I loved PRM.

Reserved For later

Reserved For later use

Yet another double-decree build.

Gah, why can’t it be in the god damned crucible loot pool… Port runs are irritatingly long.

Did i miss something? Has someone already made a build out of Decree and posted it here?

Na, its just double-decree is all the rage. People are trying to get them (legitly mind you) to try and get setups for it, you just made a post for PRM on it.

I’m working on firestrike-IEE iskandra decree, I’ve seen one guy in the discord working on Aether-skyshard double Decree, I’ve seen someone checking if P-blades worked well on double decree, double decree this, double decree that, double decree anything based on elemental, bla bla bla.

I don’t doubt you got yours legit, but its all the rage.

I know I’m looking at like 12 decrees I need for all the builds I want to try out decree on.

12 decrees is insane. I got mine from my only ultimate run which i did with a melee aether dw sorcerer. The other one i got from a friend he seems to love Valbury and even he after 9-10 runs has only gotten 2 of these things.

I don’t really like TSS so not going to try that, and PB is okay i guess

Also, Guide updated

12 decrees is insane. I got mine from my only ultimate run which i did with a melee aether dw sorcerer. The other one i got from a friend he seems to love Valbury and even he after 9-10 runs has only gotten 2 of these things.

I don’t really like TSS so not going to try that, and PB is okay i guess

Also, Guide updated

Very nice! Now I understand why you wanted tests without devastation :smiley:

The scepter is a great addition to the game, glad I got mine on the first run.
Would the energy consumption from getting one point into maiven’s and convertion too much to handle?

-Maiven’s is a really bad skill imo. I don’t like anything that reduces my total damage. Only my Pure Melee Warlock needs it.

-And yes energy consumption is off the charts (you can imagine how bad it is when jackal’s energy node is important :))

-Wait, you got the Scepter as well? :eek: I only have the stupid Decree (well even though Decree is better but i need the Scepter for my hoarding habits :D)

• And again thanks for those tests.

Nah, only the legendary which is a scepter for weapon type :wink:

You’re welcome.

Ah, thought there existed something called Scepter of Aldritch since before the patch’s release there was a leak about its existence

There is.

Decree is the legendary version, similar to how Outcast has various upgrades.

Oh.
Still not enough to make me go there though

Is it possible to watch video?

Nice build! I’ve had something similar to this and your Aether melee build sitting in the back of my mind for awhile now except i’de use a pair of Spark of Ultos’ instead for 100% cold to lightning conversion. Either a caster using Trozan’s Skyshard or a melee build that aims at comboing Savagery and maximising Execution’s potential.

In general, i’m surprised there aren’t more builds being posted that make use of some of the other interesting conversions that were added to items in the last build.

Which augments are you using in weapons and jewelry?

Video? Save file? Something where I can see this in application rather than theory.

Thanks

I reworked the Maelstrom to present a concept of SoU Cold->Lightning conversion. But it seemed too straightforward for my taste. So I reworked it to use Light of Empyrion instead.

Don’t get me wrong but i hate TSS.

:confused::confused:

Unless you have the exact same items as mine (MIs) i don’t think that’d help you. If you want my advice keep the resistances balanced.